Axe-Fx III Firmware 26.00 Release

Oof, I missed this post about the new firmware and was wondering why the Dyna Cabs weren't working from the knowledgebase file I downloaded 🤦‍♂️

Will update to DynaCabs 1.06.

Not usually a high gain wanderer, but for giggles I set up a dual amp combo - 5153 Stealth Red and 5153 Stealth Green - and used both of the new stealth DynaCabs with them. Stock settings for everything (didn't even move the mics around on the cabs) and it was delightfully hairy good fun. Just so many crayons to play with in this magic black box. Coloring outside the lines has never been so much fun.

Just got done practicing for tomorrow and all I can say is WOW!! I played with the beta last week and thought it sounded great, but tonight was next level tone. Haven't really changed anything in my presets going back a few FW versions, just a couple of minor adjustments to gain and EQ.

Using the Matchbox D-30 EF86 with hard panned Legacy cabs (Factory 1 #178 and #323) and everything is sounding phenomenal.

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/26p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_26p00.zip

After installing the firmware you will then need to install the new DynaCab data pack (if you haven't done so already for the beta):
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/DynaCab/dyna_cabs_1p06.zip

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Improved phase inverter modeling in Amp block. This yields more “weight” and a more open tone when driving the virtual power amp hard (i.e. non-MV amps or MV turned up high).

Updated phase inverter parameters for most models based on new analysis tools.

Added “2x12 5153 Stealth” and “4x12 5153 Stealth” DynaCabs.

Fixed stand-in switch Tap functions not working in some cases.

Fixed pops/clicks can occur when changing Preamp Type in Cabinet block.
I thought all the EVH 4x12 cabs were the same speakers? Is the Stealth 4x12 actually different from the Standard 4x12 (which was already a DynaCab).

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/26p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_26p00.zip

After installing the firmware you will then need to install the new DynaCab data pack (if you haven't done so already for the beta):
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/DynaCab/dyna_cabs_1p06.zip

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Improved phase inverter modeling in Amp block. This yields more “weight” and a more open tone when driving the virtual power amp hard (i.e. non-MV amps or MV turned up high).

Updated phase inverter parameters for most models based on new analysis tools.

Added “2x12 5153 Stealth” and “4x12 5153 Stealth” DynaCabs.

Fixed stand-in switch Tap functions not working in some cases.

Fixed pops/clicks can occur when changing Preamp Type in Cabinet block.
I did install the dyna cab pack for the beta. Installing FW 26 as I type this. I should be straight right? No full release updates/ differences from the 26 beta dyna cab pack right?( based on all the kickass responses here they are on point already and not necessary) Just making sure guys, thanks \m/

I did install the dyna cab pack for the beta. Installing FW 26 as I type this. I should be straight right? No full release updates/ differences from the 26 beta dyna cab pack( based on all the kickass responses here they are on point already and not necessary) Just making sure guys, thanks \m/
If you didn't then you'd get a warning on boot that you have the wrong version.

I just installed 26.00 and compared it to the public beta using the Solo 100 Lead model, a looper pedal, single coils and humbuckers (playing chunky stuff, dissonant chords, and single notes), lining up both recorded tracks in Pro Tools, and doing a blind test toggling between the two in real time...

FW 26.00 is awesome! In every section of the blind test, I chose 26.00 over 26.00pb. Compared to the public beta, it feels more open, lively, responsive, and less compressed. You really feel it in your fingers. Palm mutes are more "forward" with more punch and attack and chords "breathe" with great note separation and clarity.

It was just a quick test, but I'm excited to dig in a little deeper and explore more amps.

Amazing job @FractalAudio and the entire team who worked on this!

Hi everyone. I downloaded the new Firmware 26.00 but I think I initially failed to download the the new Dana Cabs versions. I got a message saying I didn't have the correct version on the AXEFXIII. I then downloaded the current versions from this first page on this thread and then waited 5 seconds to turn the unit back on etc. When I choose Dana-Cab in the menu on the unit, I don't see anything listed. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Hi everyone. I downloaded the new Firmware 26.00 but I think I initially failed to download the the new Dana Cabs versions. I got a message saying I didn't have the correct version on the AXEFXIII. I then downloaded the current versions from this first page on this thread and then waited 5 seconds to turn the unit back on etc. When I choose Dana-Cab in the menu on the unit, I don't see anything listed. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Ok I "refreshed" after new firmware and now they are there!

Where are you looking for the Dyna-Cabs?

Never mind. I see you got it sorted out.

I thought all the EVH 4x12 cabs were the same speakers? Is the Stealth 4x12 actually different from the Standard 4x12 (which was already a DynaCab).

I agree it's interesting and very cool to have two DynaCabs of a cabs that are spec'd out to be essentially the same!

That said, I think that even if you have two of the same model cab side by side, there will be variatons due to the actual cuts of wood used for the structure, the fact that individual speakers will have some variation (made more extreme by having four of them in this example!), and differences in the room or the spot in the room in which the cab is captured. Actually, the room itself, or the placement in the room, would account for a completely different DynaCab pack even with the same exact cab! Really, a significant change in humidity from one day to the next can cause sound to travel differently. Since you're capturing an acoustic phenomenon, it's affected by so much more than the specs of a model alone.

But you bring up a cool point, and I'd love to know what prompted this capture! Maybe the original and the Stealth sounded so noticably different in person it automatically begged for a new capture! Or maybe this was a chance to try out capturing with a different mic pre? Anyway, layman's conjecture, so take it with a grain of salt.

Are you guys tweaking your presets after the update? I have 75 presets and would like to know your experience before I update.

Back
Top Bottom