Axe-Fx III Firmware 26.00 Release

This FW sure would make it easier to get my tones dialed in for recording if I ever decide to go down that road. 😂
Knock it out while children still have a nap time ;)

Still have flashbacks to that “2000s rock” demo you shared from a couple years ago. I have faith!

I just fired up my solo 88 lead (the x88r preamp) and I damn near soiled myself. Eargasm stank face heaven. I keep the drive low (round 4-4.5) and goose it with the boss SD1,(usual drive almost nill, maybe at .30, tone around 6.5, max level) and with a killer marshall mode four 4x12 with EVH celestion G12EVH speakers I.R...* Chef's kiss* loving this update. More forward, open, punchy, dynamic/organic. It's like a blissful sound of controlled chaos👌😁

Last edited:
Hey Sarrang, yeah it's from the ownhammer heavy hitters 1 pack. It's a Marshall mode four 4x12 with celestion G12EVH speakers and celestion V30MF speakers. While the blend is in the i.r pack, I'm actually just using the one with all EVH speakers ( found out when I viewed my cab again in axe edit) I do have a high cut around 7270.5 hz... so no wonder lol I still stand it sounds slammin👌gotta edit my last post though

Looks like the virtual capo is acting up again. I created this simple preset from scratch. Are we all getting this warbling?

Attachments

• capo test.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 2
I am just strumming an e minor chord. I am not making any changes to pitch, volume, etc. You can clearly hear some type of modulation/cutting out. The virtual capo is set to a whole step down, with the input set to input 1 and tracking set to smooth.
thanks for providing audio. The old 'can you hear what I hear' is always a fun game. in this case, however, i hear a clearly audible tremolo effect. For a few versions now I have been struggling with a capo downed a half step going into an evh phaser. Maybe that's what I have been hearing.

Last edited:
Is there an actual benefit of using Dyna-Cabs instead of using Legacy IR's besides the better tweaking experience?
Not much, it’s what sounds best to you. But one thing coming to mind is managing loads of 3rd party IR:s in the Axe is a bit of nightmare since moving IR:s around, from an organizational perspective, will break the presets since the IR location are not referenced by its waveform but their location. There’s a wish list thread regarding this many of us hope will get traction.

It’s also easy to fall into the rabbit hole as there are tons of IR:s out there. Dyna Cabs are easier that way since they are quite few relatively speaking and also at the same time sound very good.

Last edited:
I have been tweaking for a while using headphones, and I would say that the nasty pops when changing the Preamp Type or adjusting the Drive knob are as frequent and loud as before. I've always been playing a lot with it, aiming to smooth the high frequencies with the hi-gain tones.

I take the precaution of reducing the volume before adjusting it, but sometimes I forget.

I have been tweaking for a while using headphones, and I would say that the nasty pops when changing the Preamp Type or adjusting the Drive knob are as frequent and loud as before. I've always been playing a lot with it, aiming to smooth the high frequencies with the hi-gain tones.

I take the precaution of reducing the volume before adjusting it, but sometimes I forget.
Give it some time, at any point you won't hear it anymore 🫣

Sorry man, couldn't resist 🤘

Back
Top Bottom