Axe-Fx III Firmware 26.00 Release

I have been tweaking for a while using headphones, and I would say that the nasty pops when changing the Preamp Type or adjusting the Drive knob are as frequent and loud as before. I've always been playing a lot with it, aiming to smooth the high frequencies with the hi-gain tones.

I take the precaution of reducing the volume before adjusting it, but sometimes I forget.
Are there specific Preamp Type changes that cause the pops? I haven't been able to reproduce this.

I find that as we move through these updates the big thing I notice is it gets easier and easier to dial in a sound, literally minutes.

And - less and less ear candy, most of the time now it’s amp, delay,reverb. Maybe a chorus, maybe a boost.

The boost is almost always Nobels, 808 or Klone

Just works! Thank you

I find that as we move through these updates the big thing I notice is it gets easier and easier to dial in a sound, literally minutes.

And - less and less ear candy, most of the time now it’s amp, delay,reverb. Maybe a chorus, maybe a boost.

The boost is almost always Nobels, 808 or Klone

Just works! Thank you

Most of my presets are four blocks, so I very much feel what you're saying here. Because I'm never using reverb or delay, the core amp sound and feel is always what I'm listening for most and reacting to with my playing. It just keeps becoming easier and easier to dial in, as you said. For me, this new addition of the 2x12 5153 Stealth was like someone building a DynaCab just for my guitar.

Are there specific Preamp Type changes that cause the pops? I haven't been able to reproduce this.
It is random. Sometimes it happens two times consecutively when changing between the same two types, then it doesn't happen again.
p.s.: I always use High Quality mode.

Am I the only one having this problem?
No. I have always thought the Virtual Capo had warbling with clean & EOB tones so I tried it again the other day using a looper to make sure I wasn't just hearing the acoustic sound of my guitar making it sound weird. It still sounded weird & had warbling. It seems to work OK with crunchier & higher gain tones but not so much on cleans.

No. I have always thought the Virtual Capo had warbling with clean & EOB tones so I tried it again the other day using a looper to make sure I wasn't just hearing the acoustic sound of my guitar making it sound weird. It still sounded weird & had warbling. It seems to work OK with crunchier & higher gain tones but not so much on cleans.
I have only recently started having this issue. I've been using it religiously since I went FAS, maybe 5 years ago or so.

Why would clean or EOB make a difference with the capo? Are you running it after the amp block?

Am I the only one having this problem?
I tried your preset. It was more pronounced, then I realized I forgot to check my tuning. My guitar was slightly out of tune and it made it worse (virtual capo is super sensitive to tuning as I’m sure you’re aware). Wasn’t really present like what you are experiencing when strumming a D, G, C and E chord. Slight warbling when strumming an A chord.

The amount I experienced is about what I’ve always experienced. Never been perfect on crisp cleans but definitely useable in a pinch.

Most of my presets are four blocks, so I very much feel what you're saying here. Because I'm never using reverb or delay, the core amp sound and feel is always what I'm listening for most and reacting to with my playing. It just keeps becoming easier and easier to dial in, as you said. For me, this new addition of the 2x12 5153 Stealth was like someone building a DynaCab just for my guitar.
Well said, my presets follow this formula💪 Unless I'm going for 80s hair metal lol but generally zero reverb. Zip.nada. 😁

It is random. Sometimes it happens two times consecutively when changing between the same two types, then it doesn't happen again.
p.s.: I always use High Quality mode.
Does this happen while you're passing signal, or at other times, too?

I am deeply impressed about your everlasting work :)
But i got an issue. After Update to 26 (from 25) i got the message to install dynacabs. i hit exit button on the axefx like told in the display. (i tried it before without hitting the button. And updated the dynacabs. And now all dynacabs are gone. am i missing something? i got them back, if i reinstalled the 25 patch and all the old dynacabs. the re appeard. but 26 is not working. where did i got wrong?
1.PNG2.PNG

I am deeply impressed about your everlasting work :)
But i got an issue. After Update to 26 (from 25) i got the message to install dynacabs. i hit exit button on the axefx like told in the display. (i tried it before without hitting the button. And updated the dynacabs. And now all dynacabs are gone. am i missing something? i got them back, if i reinstalled the 25 patch and all the old dynacabs. the re appeard. but 26 is not working. where did i got wrong?
View attachment 142591View attachment 142592
RANF: refresh after new firmware.

Back
Top Bottom