Axe-Fx III Firmware 26.00 Release

ahhh i got it! thanks mate, you saved my weekend. because of refresh after firmware update, i forgot the second one o_O
You only need to do RANF once, after the DynaCab installation but doing it twice obviously works too. It's easy to forget since DynaCabs aren't updated as often as the firmware is.

Can't replicate here either.

I've found a way to consistently replicate it. The noise is more prone to happen with signal passing through the CAB, so I've created a simple preset with a Sine Wave at -40dB from a Synth feeding the CAB. There is a pop noise every single time that I change the Preamp Type, and cracks when adjusting the Drive knob.

Why am I not at the Private Beta Testers Team?🤓

Attachments

• CAB TEST.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I've found a way to consistently replicate it. The noise is more prone to happen with signal passing through the CAB, so I've created a simple preset with a Sine Wave at -40dB from a Synth feeding the CAB. There is a pop noise every single time that I change the Preamp Type, and cracks when adjusting the Drive knob.

Why am I not at the Private Beta Testers Team?🤓
thanks. I'm going to try that through the pitch block in capo mode at -12 to see what is going on there.

thanks. I'm going to try that through the pitch block in capo mode at -12 to see what is going on there.
Liam Neeson Ngapa GIF

Smart ass gif aside., simply since there is a problem with it or at least something going on with it.
I performed a similar -12 capo test that jimmynorris performed and got the same results.
OK. I didn't know how the capo was related to the CAB preamp. So, are you also getting pop and cracking sounds with the capo when you move some parameter?

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/26p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_26p00.zip

After installing the firmware you will then need to install the new DynaCab data pack (if you haven't done so already for the beta):
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/DynaCab/dyna_cabs_1p06.zip

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Improved phase inverter modeling in Amp block. This yields more “weight” and a more open tone when driving the virtual power amp hard (i.e. non-MV amps or MV turned up high).

Updated phase inverter parameters for most models based on new analysis tools.

Added “2x12 5153 Stealth” and “4x12 5153 Stealth” DynaCabs.

Fixed stand-in switch Tap functions not working in some cases.

Fixed pops/clicks can occur when changing Preamp Type in Cabinet block.
I had to revert back to firmware 25, as 26 caused edit modifiers to not exist. For example, when I click my volume block, the edit modifier to change the pedal parameters no longer allowed access to he parameters. In fact the yellow dot that appears on all modiers, no longer appeared in any block in all presets. I found no way to downgrade the firmware so I factory reset Axe3 to downgrade to 25. Let me know if others experienced simular.

I had to revert back to firmware 25, as 26 caused edit modifiers to not exist. For example, when I click my volume block, the edit modifier to change the pedal parameters no longer allowed access to he parameters. In fact the yellow dot that appears on all modiers, no longer appeared in any block in all presets. I found no way to downgrade the firmware so I factory reset Axe3 to downgrade to 25. Let me know if others experienced simular.
There's no downgrade.

Just load the firmware version you want.

Did you run Refresh After New Firmware?

I had to revert back to firmware 25, as 26 caused edit modifiers to not exist.
I meant to post yesterday that I have had zero problems with modifiers since upgrading to firmware 26.
I know you're in the editor and not using the front panel because you said "yellow dot" (it's red on the hardware). What you're describing above must be something unrelated to the upgrade. If you still need help, please contact Fractal Audio support.

I meant to post yesterday that I have had zero problems with modifiers since upgrading to firmware 26.
I know you're in the editor and not using the front panel because you said "yellow dot" (it's red on the hardware). What you're describing above must be something unrelated to the upgrade. If you still need help, please contact Fractal Audio support.
Working fine in Axe-Edit here. I’m guessing they didn’t refresh after new firmware.

Back
Top Bottom