Axe-Fx III Firmware 2.05 Public Beta

I generally never install beta firmware, but I made an exception here to try the SVT. And it's much much better, so thank you for that! My only wish would be that the three-position mid switch be added as a selectable option.

The Portaflex is also very nice, but since my sum total of time with the real thing is probably about four hours spread over 40 years, I can't speak to its authenticity.

FWIW - the mid position switches between 220Hz,
450Hz, 800Hz, 1.6kHz and 3kHz. I think you can get it close with a PEQ or GEQ block after the amp or the output EQ on the amp block. From what I remember - it wasn't a very dynamic EQ or anything but I could be wrong.

Is there a way to adjust the compressor block so it compresses the sound like a pedal compressor; and also, how to get more sustain out of patches? I noticed significant less sustain and no compression out of my AXE III. Am I doing something wrong?

FWIW - the mid position switches between 220Hz,
450Hz, 800Hz, 1.6kHz and 3kHz.

Not on the originals. 220, 800, and 3K only:

s-l1600.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-13_16-52-5.png
    upload_2019-1-13_16-52-5.png
    886 bytes · Views: 5
Is there a way to adjust the compressor block so it compresses the sound like a pedal compressor; and also, how to get more sustain out of patches? I noticed significant less sustain and no compression out of my AXE III. Am I doing something wrong?
Use one of the Pedal types if you want a pedal emulation.

Check the Noise Gate settings on Input block. I disable it...

Just installed the beta & love the new cab block controls. You can really fine tune feel and I really like the sound of misaligned irs :)

I admit I didn't read this whole thread, but... I updated to 2.05 Public Beta but I still don't see the room reflection parameter in the cab block... Is this only coming in the full release? Did I miss something? Thanks!

I admit I didn't read this whole thread, but... I updated to 2.05 Public Beta but I still don't see the room reflection parameter in the cab block... Is this only coming in the full release? Did I miss something? Thanks!
Axe-Edit III will need to be updated to support 2.05. The new parameters should be available on the hardware.

Updated to the latest Firmware 2.05 noticed the graph on the amp block/input EQ has no line. Noticed the when I went to adjust the low cut. Also noticed the unit sounds different

That issue has been reported.

In what way?
This could have always been this way, I had my cab panned to the left I noticed my right meter was even with my left, I muted the cab and the sound still came through liked it was by passed. I didn’t notice the bleed through before but I’ve only had the unit for a short time.

This could have always been this way, I had my cab panned to the left I noticed my right meter was even with my left, I muted the cab and the sound still came through liked it was by passed. I didn’t notice the bleed through before but I’ve only had the unit for a short time.
Without seeing your preset, it's hard to know what's causing that.

It's only on one preset. I'm going to rebuild it in another preset bank to see what happens

Can you create IR's with just a load box just for amps? I want to create IR's for my heads and combos.

Thanks,

Jim

Last edited:
It's only on one preset. I'm going to rebuild it in another preset bank to see what happens

Can you create IR's with just a load box just for amps? I want to create IR's for me heads and combos.

Thanks,

Jim
No. Well you could but the information would be useless. In modelers an IR is used to capture and reproduce the transfer function of the speaker. It's a high-order filter that replicates the sound of the speaker.

Back
Top Bottom