Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 8.02 Firmware Release

Basically as Unix-guy said, just wondering if it's a bug, or if the amp previously had more gain than the real deal.

I will say it sounds better and I'm not interested in rolling back.

Thanks mnemonic....
The sharing of our observations and thoughts has been a vital part and highly instrumental in the development of the AXE-FX. I find it, as we all should, to be an honor and a privilege to contribute personally in this unique way here on this forum. I know of no other company or it's owner that has such an attentive heart for it's customers and product that compares with Fractal Audio systems... I am confident and am sure that all would agree, that Cliff will leave no stone unturned in this, the journey toward quality amplifier realism and sonic bliss.

Thanks mnemonic....
The sharing of our observations and thoughts has been a vital part and highly instrumental in the development of the AXE-FX. I find it, as we all should, to be an honor and a privilege to contribute personally in this unique way here on this forum. I know of no other company or it's owner that has such an attentive heart for it's customers and product that compares with Fractal Audio systems... I am confident and am sure that all would agree, that Cliff will leave no stone unturned in this, the journey toward quality amplifier realism and sonic bliss.
LMAO

Upgraded from 7.02 to 8.02 yesterday. Somehow I like the 1987x on 7.02 better than on 8.02 (without tweaking, only block reset). Any parameters I could adjust to avoid downgrade? Speaker drive already set back to 0.5

You made the coffee come out my nose!

You ARE from Massachusetts, Fackin' A dude. We should go down da' cella' and have some beeahs!

Thanks for making me laugh so hard on a Monday morning; I miss home....

To poor Johnny, who had to take one to windshield for our amusement, I can only offer the following in hopes of understanding:

The Mayor of Dunkin' Donuts,
Manny

Last edited:
anyone getting lots of Axe-Edit timeouts with 8.02? I'm getting a lot where as prior to this firmware I was not. Requires a power down/up of the AXE-FX II in my case. thanks! oh, that being said I do love the amps more now. Seems to take less tweaking on my part, they just sound great "right out of the box" ;)

anyone getting lots of Axe-Edit timeouts with 8.02? I'm getting a lot where as prior to this firmware I was not. Requires a power down/up of the AXE-FX II in my case. thanks! oh, that being said I do love the amps more now. Seems to take less tweaking on my part, they just sound great "right out of the box" ;)
Apparently quite a few people... Search the forums, there are several threads.

What would be causing this on some and not others? Maybe it is happening to users who have memory intensive presets over 70 to 80%? I have not experienced any timeouts. But all my presets use 55 to 60%. I remove anything I do not need in the particular preset.
I also use almost no scenes. Just something to think about.

What would be causing this on some and not others? Maybe it is happening to users who have memory intensive presets over 70 to 80%? I have not experienced any timeouts. But all my presets use 55 to 60%. I remove anything I do not need in the particular preset.
I also use almost no scenes. Just something to think about.

I have a simple chain in all of my presets. I don't play much lately but I had this timeout with this FW too.

A timeout error bug seems like something that needs addressing pretty quickly, especially if this many people are experiencing it. That kind of thing is the real fear when going digital over tube. Not that tube doesn't have its potential issues too, but this is the type of problem you fear in the digital realm.

A timeout error bug seems like something that needs addressing pretty quickly, especially if this many people are experiencing it. That kind of thing is the real fear when going digital over tube. Not that tube doesn't have its potential issues too, but this is the type of problem you fear in the digital realm.

"Issues" are typically blown out of proportion with regards to internet forums. I've personally never experienced it, and a number of friends who have also purchased Fractal units (I wish I got a sales commission lol) I've been playing with haven't reported any issues. Furthermore, there are easily a few hundred users actively posting on these forums which are also all happily running 8.02, and that don't seem to be having any issues.

I think "a lot of people" really means one or two people, and while I don't wish such issues on anyone, they represent a very small minority of users, and it certainly doesn't seem like 1 out of 4 Fractal users are having this fault, because if that were true, it would be thousands of users (think how many units Fractal has sold over the years) would all be having issues, and if there were thousands of people having issues, I think you couldn't turn anywhere on the internet without hearing about it.

For what is worth, I don't have 'time out error' with my XL and Axe edit, but i DO have it with Ax8 and Ax8 edit.

FW q8.02, axe edit 3.14.2, on a macbook pro OS X yosemite. I leave MFC connected to XL. Never get the timeout.

Yes, people tend to post more frequently when there are problems. From what I can see the vast majority are not having issues (myself included.) But I'm sure FAS will get to the bottom of it. (I've see quite a bit of chrome and Win$ things that might have to do with the driver... but will be sorted in time.)

I experienced it on my new AX8 (on 8.0.1) connected to my El Capitan-based MacPro. I haven't seen it since hooking the AX8 up to my Yosemite-based MacMini. I've since upgraded USB cables to the high-quality ones targeted specifically for Fractal products at Besttronics, so hopefully that will permanently avoid the issue (not sure if the MacOS system version made a difference). Updated the AX8 to 8.0.2 as well.

The timeout was annoying enough on the AX8 that I have held off updating my AxeFX from 7.0.2 to 8.x.x for fear of running into it.

You made the coffee come out my nose!

You ARE from Massachusetts, Fackin' A dude. We should go down da' cella' and have some beeahs!

Thanks for making me laugh so hard on a Monday morning; I miss home....

To poor Johnny, who had to take one to windshield for our amusement, I can only offer the following in hopes of understanding:

The Mayor of Dunkin' Donuts,
Manny

I can't get enough of this video, not only because it's spot on accurate....but because I'm pretty sure it's the Dunks in South Boston next to the World Trade. (based on what the surrounding area outside looks like).
I used to work in the Trade Center and went to that Dunks every day. Even if it's not that Dunks, I'm going to keep pretending it is, because it makes me happy. Proud Bostonian here.

Back
Top Bottom