Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 8.02 Firmware Release

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Mark I/II:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/Quantum/8.0/AxeFx2_Quantum_8p02.zip

XL:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/Quantum/8.0/AxeFx2_XL_Quantum_8p02.zip

XL+:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/Quantum/8.0/AxeFx2_XLplus_Quantum_8p02.zip

Release Notes:

Added (at Kirk Hammett’s request) modifier capability to the output compression parameter (“COMP”) in the Amp block (previously named “OUTPUT COMP”).

Added five new factory cabs (XL and XL+ only). These custom mixes represent a small sample of the world-class IRs now available from Celestion. The full IR packages can be purchased at their new website: www.celestionplus.com

Fixed bug where presets that use a User Cab(s) and were saved under earlier firmware versions might have the incorrect User Cab(s) assigned when recalled on later firmware.

Thanks!

I'm guessing because the new IRs are third-party, they can't be offered with the other IRs in the firmware zip for those of us Mark I/II users?

Thanks once again to Cliff and his team!

Can you elaborate which Celestion Plus IR's have been added? I use a Mark I but I own a few of those IR's and would be interested to know which ones you chose.

Great to see FAS giving Celestion their due props...I've found them very usable and purchased a bunch, they translate very well across all modeler platforms.

Thanks Cliff. After trying the free Celestion IRs I ended up buying most of them as I found them perfect for my sound/ tone, especially live, so not surprised to see them making it into the factory roster.

CHEERS and have a safe May Long

Haha! I literally told my wife yesterday at dinner I was at a "happy" place with my AFX and wouldn't need to update it anymore. I remember this all to well as I sit here updating to 8.02 and wondering what was in that wine when I was chatting to her....!

Thanks Cliff!! You made my lie to my wife!!! :D:D

Haha! I literally told my wife yesterday at dinner I was at a "happy" place with my AFX and wouldn't need to update it anymore. I remember this all to well as I sit here updating to 8.02 and wondering what was in that wine when I was chatting to her....!

Thanks Cliff!! You made my lie to my wife!!! :D:D
Your Axe is now up to date and you gained a new and valuable skill. Double win.

Back
Top Bottom