Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 8.02 Firmware Release

This native is having a blast plunking on the latest firmware. I just come here when my fingers get sore. :)
This. I'm finally getting around to revisiting those presets that say: Q1, Q2, FW1802, FW17, FW12 etc on them. ;) Could definitely live without fort-nightly FW churn. My dream is to have my bank 1 with all presets that have Q<current one> at the end...
Amp and FX only update, next go round, please.

Yes, I don't want any new parameters or changes to existing amp tones and I know not everyone plays metal but I would love a new heavy amp even though we have quite a few, only a couple do it for me. The Engl is the best ever. If we never get another update I'll still be happy but the updates are so awesome that it keeps you drawn in and excited like no other piece of gear ever! I love this forum also, I'm not a forum guy and don't have an account on any other forum but this one, and I must say the majority of you guys are very cool.

You guys are amateurs. We're gonna need a good old fashioned dumpster fire Dumble tone discussion to coerce Cliff to post an update and get us back on track. Here are a few starters...

HRM/non-HRM switch location in Axe Edit?

Should I run the crystal lattice block in serial or parallel?

Oh, BTW I'm having the best time of my life with this box. The JCM 800 #34 is fantastic, and I've just started with the Tweed Deluxe for some swampier stuff. Something new to find and sometimes tweak to glory in here every day.
No no no you have to run it in CEREAL....because tone, yknow?

"A new revision of the firmware is on its way." Now that was a totally weird fortune in a fortune cookie today. My friendly Thai place who know me places them apparently - using a personal fortune generating app for iphone or android no doubt; usually they are specific to me, but not to the whole forum. So unless Cliff doesn't 100% believe in fortune cookies...

I just spent 3 solo hours with this FW, and I'm STILL simply blown away. Tonight that JTM45 barked, bit, purred, caressed, and chimed with a simple volume knob, pick attack, fingers, and attitude. Whew.

It was a reminder that there are SO many good models here, they each need a bit of love and attention to show just how fookin' good they are.

I had an older country music guitar player stop by today and I was showing him my setup and I don't normally play the fender type amps but I dialed one up for him and he was blown away. He asked me what music store in our area Carried the Fractal gear and I said they don't! So I told him all about it and wrote down the info for him and he said he had to get one. I'm shredding some METAL for him doing the Dimebag squeals and stuff and he was digging it! Funny stuff. He said he tried some of the older modeler stuff and hated it but this thing had him hooked!

So to Clarify, I use very few presets with Kirk, It is all about maximizing Scenes, We have so many "Hangs" into the next song that I can't interrupt the sustain with a preset change, We don't change the basic guitar tone much as this would affect the front of house sound on a song by song basis, We are LOUD and that means we have to provide "Big Mick " with a consistent sound he can manage. When M@ turned me onto the output compression available recently, I loved it for the lead sound but not so much for the Rhythm/Crunch sound. Tomorrow I should be able to "Scene Switch " this on and off, or maybe just different amounts, I have not seen it yet, but will experiment with it tomorrow in Foxborough Gillette Stadium, On the World Wired tour. Just so as we are all on the same page, We do pay attention to what goes on at Fractal and we listen to this board and we are part of this community, even if we are not always that vocal. Thanks M@ Cliff and all.

J

Release Notes:

Added (at Kirk Hammett’s request) modifier capability to the output compression parameter (“COMP”) in the Amp block (previously named “OUTPUT COMP”).
Hey dude Metallica has the best tone ever with the axe fx I want to know all the secrets of the layout and setup of the amp blocks
Good job ...I want to do a job like yours one day

Back
Top Bottom