Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.00 Public Beta

It sure would be nice to figure out what causes these occasional "corrupted installs".

One of these days Cliff should add a "diagnostics capture" function to FractalBot, in which it not only captures a full backup of all settings & presets for analysis, but also stashes a report of any system information it can, storing "before and after" reports containing information that might help isolate what went wrong (active connections, other running apps, etc.).

the crc check is supposed to do this.. it sounds like it's getting transferred ok, but the axe is having an issue with it once it's there. I don't think I've ever experienced a bad install, so it would be a nice thing to have "fixed" if it needs fixing.

Ok, fifth time to try Quantum and I think I got it. My main heavy preset is the Angle severe 1 and I can't get it to sound as good as 20b. I tried the 5153 red and the Herbie 4 and they are doing the job! I will just have to use them instead which is fine so I think I am finally good with the new firmware. Everything else is great so far. Thanks for the hard work, dedication and epiphanies Cliff!

You're probably confusing the transient dynamic behavior with latency. Latency is unchanged from previous firmware and transient dynamic behavior is extremely accurate now.

IMO the presets I am designing from scratch seem to need less, MUCH LESS, reverb for some reason, like they have a more realistic pleasing ambience due to this transient dynamic behavior. I got this with my boogie power amp. There was no need for reverb.

Also i believe Sag has a more noticeable and enjoyable quality, when appropriate, in relation to the general timbral behavior.
However, I will say that it is intimidating since getting a "compressed effect" (not sure what it actually is) to hide behind is different in this firmware. I'm sure it can be done, but I'm not experienced at the best way/s to dial such a thing in. Its a different firmware, with interesting new ideal zones in terms of taming and tapering. I generally play stereo, and use a single delay and reverb; I haven't had this sense of liking totally bare sounds, but I also feel like even with effects the sound is "clearer" which would make sense if the sound is more alive and dynamic and distinctive.

I've never been one to feel the need to jump in on these threads and proclaim my love for a new firmware, but I need to for this one! Held off on installing it for a bit, but finally took the plunge a few days before a gig I had last night. After installing it and testing it out a bit with my patches at home, I couldn't really tell much of a difference, honestly. Which is good in a way, as my patches all sounded good and the same without having to mess with them at all.

And then.... I played a show last night and WOW! It sounded so incredibly good in the PA, and felt great while playing with the band. I use in-ears for monitoring and it sounded so much better in my ears too, which is really saying something as guitar tones in headphones don't really sound great no matter how good your gear is (or at least in my opinion). It was pretty inspirational, and I haven't been able to say that about much gear other than a few guitars over the years.

For anyone still unsure who may be gigging regularly, you should go for this one! I can't tell you exactly why it's better, but it really is. It just feels really good to play.

Fantastic news indeed! Apparently it's going to sound more real than the last firmware too, which is more real than the one before it, so cool. Hehe can't wait
Also does this mean Axe Edit new release will take place? Etc

Fantastic news indeed! Apparently it's going to sound more real than the last firmware too, which is more real than the one before it, so cool. Hehe can't wait Also does this mean Axe Edit new release will take place? Etc

Yes! And it will sound even more real too! :-D

In an effort to keep it more real, the new Fractal Axe Fx 2 plus + will also have 3 pre amp tubes. Now thats keeping it real.

yeah i heard that axe edit final release is going to sound amazing on its own. Cant wait until you turn on the Axe FX 2 XL++++ at the same time, now that is going to be more real than either one:eagerness: by itself. Twice as real. Sweet!

Back
Top Bottom