Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.00 Public Beta

Did preamp comp reset when it changed name from CF comp recently? I am just reviewing my patches and I can't remember if I changed settings at some point or the FW did.

Well I can answer my question with FW 20b notes - preamp comp got reset there. I dialled in my patches adding it to some amps that default to 0 otherwise and I'm getting expected performance again. Sounds good!

I am enjoying Quantum FW. I really like the Recto Orange & Red. Was never really a fan of them. The Savage is great as well.

I played 2 major events this past week with Quantum and recieved compliments on the tone. My overdriven tones feel more squishier while retaining clarity.

I played a gig this weekend and I found that the switching between Patches got a little slower. Not scenes. They were good. But going from one Patch to another Patch the Name of it in the mfc took a second longer to change . The sound switched quickly as normal. But the Display Name didnt.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One M9 mit Tapatalk

I played a gig this weekend and I found that the switching between Patches got a little slower. Not scenes. They were good. But going from one Patch to another Patch the Name of it in the mfc took a second longer to change . The sound switched quickly as normal. But the Display Name didnt.

This is answer from another thread :)

That's normal if the CPU usage is high. A bunch of stuff goes on in the background during a patch change. Priority was placed on doing the audio switch. After the audio switch the rest of the stuff runs when the processor is free. Finally the display is updated.

I almost thought it's due to the fast that Sound has priority over everything else. I think cliff himself said that somewhere. But I had some of my Patches at about 80% usage before Quantum and they were a little quicker then (fw19), so another hint that Quantum got more complex instead of easier coded

I'm starting to get somewhat excited, since the final Quantum hasn't dropped yet ! Like maybe more incredible new stuff has developed !!

Back
Top Bottom