Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.00 Public Beta

I could be imagining things, because the power of suggestion has fooled me before, but i may have been finding a little more sticky sharpness in the attack with Q1, and a juicier note decay picking notes - both of those are things that happen in a few milliseconds, but i'm also thinking the long decay might be a little more interesting in Q1 as well. I also noticed a bit less over all dynamic range, in general and in pick attacks. It would be interesting to re-amp something and check that out... :geek

I am not usualy active in these type of forum, but I installed this new firmware and want to thanks Fractal for creating it, the touch, feel, the sound of that new firmware is really good. Better than ever, I always like the axefx but now with the quantum FW....wow...it is better than ever !!! Thank you Cliff and Fractal.

I forgot I had a gig last night, I had loaded Quantum the night earlier but only played for about 10 mins before I had to go out. Anyways, I didn't have time to get the CLRs from the studio so I just grabbed a power amp and my old marshall 1960 cab, I had to quickly change my patches and put a FXL in each one. Man what an awesome gig, Quantum didn't skip a beat and I wasn't even concerned it was a beta version. I actually think im going to go back to playing through a quad box, it was just like the old days, don't worry about amp in the room, it was amp in the chest, just amazing. Front of house also sounded great I am told

Ok so I had a show cancelled tonight due to inclement weather and decided to take the Quantum Leap....
It's Incredible... I noticed a real difference in Touch and Feel.. Like other people have said, it's like it responds quicker to your Touch and Picking Attack.. The Highs and Lows are Perfect...
A lot of my Presets Sound better without touching a thing, some I'll have to tweak..
Can't wait to use it at our Show tomorrow evening!!!!!
Thank you Cliff !!!!

Last edited:
Ok so I had a show cancelled tonight due to inclement weather and decided to take the Quantum Leap....
It's Incredible... I noticed a real difference in Touch and Feel.. Like other people have said, it's like it responds quicker to your Touch and Picking Attack.. The Highs and Lows are Perfect...
A lot of my Presets Sound better without touching a thing, some I'll have to tweak..
Can't wait to use it at our Show tomorrow evening!!!!!
Thank you Cliff !!!!

Where and when( I'm in NYC too)?

I have def. noticed the huge increase in CPU usage since putting Quantum on - presets that would normally sit around 85-90% are now at 94% and if i change ANYTHING it removes blocks because "cpu usage exceeded" or something like that.

pretty annoying

I have def. noticed the huge increase in CPU usage since putting Quantum on - presets that would normally sit around 85-90% are now at 94% and if i change ANYTHING it removes blocks because "cpu usage exceeded" or something like that.

My presets uses the same amount of CPU as far as I know. My jump was from FW 19 to Quantum.
What FW you had before the update to Quantum?

pretty annoying

I have not noticed that on any of my presets .. ??
maybe something is wrong ??

seems the general idea is that it doesn't bump the cpu up ..
I could of course be wrong , but it didn't affect my presets ..

Did preamp comp reset when it changed name from CF comp recently? I am just reviewing my patches and I can't remember if I changed settings at some point or the FW did.

I´ve played two gigs this Weekend with Quantum - everything has worked fine, no bugs, no Problems.

And it has sounded absolut great - no matter if there are less sweet highs than before.

Savage 1 is now a real Killeramp with OH V3 Mesa EN 16 Cabs.

The Diezels are my favourite Lead sounds - sounds clear, fat and a lot of sustain. But the Default Diezel Amps are much louder now again?

I love the fast Response on all strings with this Firmware.

I don´t what Cliff has changed for Quantum - but please, don´t touch the programming of the amps any more........:mrgreen

Back
Top Bottom