Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.00 Firmware Release

Re: Plexi 50W dimed...

I'm getting a very bright sound from this, and i see the bright switch is on - by default perhaps? Do you have the bright switch on?

yes, everything default , drive 6.2 everything else on 10 . it's fairly bright with the 3 band eq settings , adjust to taste!

I knew we should've charged for this one... ;)

Yes, you should have. Quantum is saving me money on strings. Even my current beat-up set sounds very lively under the new FW. I use what many would consider "too much gain", but I can hit all six strings at once and they all ring out clear as a bell. Not sure how that's possible. Maybe it's just a fanboy placebo effect, but it's what I'm hearing.

I love the Dephase control so much I want to have sex with it. I'm completely serious.

LOL!

THAT is what is scaring the girls away from here.

Yes, you should have. Quantum is saving me money on strings. Even my current beat-up set sounds very lively under the new FW. I use what many would consider "too much gain", but I can hit all six strings at once and they all ring out clear as a bell. Not sure how that's possible. Maybe it's just a fanboy placebo effect, but it's what I'm hearing.

I love the Dephase control so much I want to have sex with it. I'm completely serious.

I still play with a VHT 2/50/2 into a variety of cabs because I have not been able to get my sound when going direct.

I installed this firmware and, while I'll need to reprogram my patches as they no longer sound correct, I was able to finally get a good completely in the box sound in a little under two hours. So there's some work ahead but I feel like my dream of playing completely in the box (everyone else who has ever lived in NYC knows how important this is) is now within reach.

Tangentially, anyone in the NYC area wanna buy some speaker cabs? :)

heres a dumb question,of which I have no shortage. Does changing from 19-quantum change presets? Like if I have made some and have them stored do i need
to back anything up?

heres a dumb question,of which I have no shortage. Does changing from 19-quantum change presets? Like if I have made some and have them stored do i need
to back anything up?
You should always have a backup of your presets.

So back up your presets, then update to Quantum. You'll like the results. :)

You gotta try this:
Amp: Plexi 50W High
Drive: 6.2
Bass: 10
Mid: 10
Treble: 10
Presence: 10
EQ: 3-band passive. Boost low and high by 4 dB, cut mid by 3 dB.
Everything else at default. Adjust Speaker page as desired.

I was just messin' around and remembered that video (Aerosmith?) where he runs his hands along the tone controls and dimes everything.

I replaced Poltergeist Pig with it. Sorry Cliff. (No love for Poltergeist Pig indeed..)

Last edited:
Man, I hope you are joking. Poltergeist Pig sounds like Aerosmith's "Sweet Emotion" if Joe Perry was choking to death on the Talk Box tube....

As someone who loves to experiment with crazy stuff, I actually do like that preset.

I emptied my banks, a long time ago, but I did take a good look at several of the weird stuff patches just to see what was going on. It's been a while, so I don't remember what P-pig had going on, but I played with it for at least an hour or so when I first booted up my Axe.

My first week was just fiddling with presets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quantum Collateral Effects. Can't stop playing!!!! :eek:
20150920_160816.jpg

Back
Top Bottom