Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.00 Firmware Release

Quantum Collateral Effects. Can't stop playing!!!! :eek:
20150920_160816.jpg

Well, you should take off the plastik foiles on your finger tips, lol....

I played yesterday my gig with Quantum and it soundet outstanding - people kept telling that the sound was "sagenhaft" which means something like f..... great. :encouragement::eagerness:

Quantum is an honest jump forward in capability and performance related to modeling amps and cabs by Fractal or any other company. The subtleties and nuance in everything from the cleanest cleans to the highest gains is pronounced. All the elements of electric guitar tone - attack, compression, gain. EQ - are clearly delineated and defined. It's obvious from the first note you play; the details are clear and in 'focus' without any need to hype or dive into hyperbole. It is.

Agreed.

Thank you yet again Cliff for an outstanding firmware update! Your time and effort is most appreciation. :)

Last edited:
For me, my main preset with the Concert 6G, didn't change that much from FW19 to FW Q1.

But I tried the Plexi 50W High dimed, that really is a spot on and fun sound to play.

Updated from 16.4, and it doesn´t sound good at all. I don´t know if I should reinstall it or redo all my presets. :(

That's a huge jump. You went through a lot of changes with that one. First, you'll need to reset your amp blocks because of the G3 matching changes that came with 18 (17? I forget now...someone here will surely correct me...). Just change to a new AMP model and back and again. And, yes, you'll likely have to revisit you AMP settings. The good news is it's generally got much easier to dial things in from scratch. I know I'm headed less and less to the advanced pages and just playing with the TMB and Gain now and getting stellar results, quickly.

...but reinstall first. It's quick, and if that's the problem, you'll save youself some tweaking.

Last edited:
Updated from 16.4, and it doesn´t sound good at all. I don´t know if I should reinstall it or redo all my presets. :(
There was also a nasty cab block bug that chopped all the bass off the bottom of your tones. So if you boosted bass to compensate, once you get above firmware 17, those presets will sound ultra bassy now.

So many things - all of them good - have happened, you should reset all amps or start over completely.

Everything 18 and higher, blows away firmware 16.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I have made the update to Quantum a few days ago. Have not had that much yet with it and can not say much yet.
One thing I would like to do here is to post a patch I was asked for in the thread for FW19. I mentioned my favourite dual amp clean sound and was asked if I could post the patch. So here is the quantum version of it; it is actually unchanged from the FW19 version. I have also quickly made a very short sound clip and uploaded it to Soundcloud. Guitar was my PRS Mike Mushok Baritone, bridge pickup used (Bareknuckle Painkiller). So here it is:

View attachment 006_USA Rhythm Shiver Cln.syx

There was also a nasty cab block bug that chopped all the bass off the bottom of your tones. So if you boosted bass to compensate, once you get above firmware 17, those presets will sound ultra bassy now.

So many things - all of them good - have happened, you should reset all amps or start over completely.

Everything 18 and higher, blows away firmware 16.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I thought the bug was just that the ultra res IRs were played in hi res and only one guy noticed the difference

I've been clinging to FW6 forever now, very happy with my sounds. Tried newer FWs but always decided it wasn't worth the effort to redial things. Until now. Installed Quantum yesterday, very impressive sounding right away. Spent a few hours refining things, and took it to practice today without telling my bandmates. Everyone was telling me how my sound was particularly good today. I concur :). Fantastic job, Cliff and team Fractal. You guys rock... many thanks!!

I don't really even have to tweak too much presets anymore. I just pick an amp i like, maby check the tubes, then roll the "perfect" cab ir adjust the cab block and im go. I find my self less and less doing anything in the amp block nowadays. I remember when i was calculating how the galaxies are lined up to find the "sweet spots" in ultra, and i was thinking that this is really a work to get THAT sound i want. Thanks so much Fractal for making this possible :)

I thought the Q1beta sounded outstanding at a gig a few weeks back. But, the Quantum Official - from amps to drives - is simply unbelievable! Thanks Cliff, Matt & FAS! :D

I slapped on the Quantum 1.0 FW this afternoon. Just by happenstance the preset I was on turned out to be the Two Stone J35. Which I always considered to be an OK preset, but today it was something wonderful. I played for at least an hour without even thinking of trying something else! Then I tried out the Plexi 50 "you gotta try this" setting, and that was so good, I made a preset out of it (based on the #009 Plexi Treble factory preset) and lost another hour! This firmware is pure gold! :encouragement:

I'm in! From 16.04.01 to Quantum! All seems good! (I haven't dared connect the MFC101, i'm buying a 5 pin midi cable today to update it, wish me luck)

Back
Top Bottom