Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.00 Firmware Release

he makes fractal pull ups, maybe you need some of those. The problem with the fractal condoms, is that they need new "FIRM"ware to fit right. :p

yup, its a significant improvement over FW 19. I A/B them and the sound is more 3D (whatever that means) to my ears, the bass is better, and the high gain tones esp sound clearer, less compressed and more 'dynamic' (whatever that means) somehow. Just thought I would throw my hat in the ring here.

It is hard for me to fathom how far this unit has come in the 8 years since I got my first one. The fact that all these upgrades are not just amazing in their scope and quality but free as well is astonishing and much appreciated. I think it is the best piece of musical gear ever created and I want to thank Cliff and the team for all they do. Cheers, D

I only knew FW18 and so on and now that I played with already good presets like "petrucci pull me under", quantum just made it 10 times more powerful, thanks FAS !!!!!!!!!!!

I knew we should've charged for this one... ;)

I found a stock preset, tweaked some knobs, and suddenly Paul Gilbert jumped out of my headset, it was sick! I'll post clips tomorrow. It's all in the master volume! There's a lot of different characters just between 2 and 3 on the master volume. I almost nailed the "Scarified" tone in seconds. I can't wait to post clips tomorrow! dada dada dada dada dada dadadaDA da, da dadadadadadaDADADADAAAAA.

I found a stock preset, tweaked some knobs, and suddenly Paul Gilbert jumped out of my headset, it was sick! I'll post clips tomorrow. It's all in the master volume! There's a lot of different characters just between 2 and 3 on the master volume. I almost nailed the "Scarified" tone in seconds. I can't wait to post clips tomorrow! dada dada dada dada dada dadadaDA da, da dadadadadadaDADADADAAAAA.

Which preset was the start of it?

It's not that different than the beta but I think it sounds a little better.

Well I must have had a bad beta or something because the sound difference is immediately apparent to me.
I'm completely knocked out by the difference. It all just sounds...bigger.
Thank you all for your hard work.

Either I'm having a total brain fart or I may have found a bug in the standard #39 Preset "The Brown Sound" or the Wah controller. I've got an expression pedal set up to control the Wah and moving the pedal causes the Wah to engage, even when the effect is turned off (in Axe Edit). I haven't tried the Wah in other presets yet.

Well, it looks like it was mostly my brain fart combined with the updates to Axe Edit. For some reason, on my previous installation, the Wah's Control Parameter and Auto Engage worked slightly differently than they do now. Most likely, I had a corrupted install and/or preset. Since I did a complete, "from scratch" re-install for Quantum everything is now working "as designed" :encouragement:

Glad you didn't, but yes! Definitely a HUGE step. Those threads about "are firmware updates more of a burden...." etc are total history now, within Quantum its so easy to dial and re-dial basic good sounding presets it can be done in diapers.

You know, I was watching today's Fretted Americana video on youtube and at the beginning Phil is playing this 65 Strat on a 'clean' amp and there is this slight hair to the sound when he digs in. I was thinking "This is the exact video people need to be pointed to when they say they hear 'fizz'." Because it's a recording of a real tube amp close miced.

Then, later on in the video he goes on about how you need a lot of tube amps as a session musician. And I realized as it went on that I could get those same tones out of my Axe FX 2. Easily.

You don't need a room of tube amps if you have one Axe FX 2. If you can afford the luxury of having a bunch and a place to have them set up, all the power to ya. I'm happy with my Axe FX 2.

I keep finding that with every new firmware release I need to pull back the input trim or overall gain, and this is no exception. Every patch I've pulled up is so hot now I've backed off the input and/or gain by at least 2 or 3... those levels simply aren't needed anymore. Soo much more clarity in this release! You really need to take the plunge if you haven't already!!!

Ok... now don't pay attention to my words, 'coz I'm totally Axe biased!

My fingers are hurting... from 5pm. to 12pm. I was playing thrugh the 100+ first presets, trying also the De-phase.
I can't imagine where this box can go now from THIS point!
The key-word of my feeling about the tone of the final Q1 (over the p.b. and over fw 19 and 20) is: FOCUSED!
All the frequencies ranges are more "solid" and tight and proportionally balanced. The tone - in the stereo field - is more precisely positioned ... even using tons of multidelay or doubledelay and verbs and choruses... whatever!
Now you can use - if you really need it - eq for "musical" purpose and tone shaping, not for narrowing the tone... coz it is just there where you want.
Now you have your amp (a real amp) and your cab... just there... roaring in front of you and you feel all that beauty feedback frequencies ready to go under your finger-tips.
Absolutely AMAZING! :hororr: :eek: :eek-new: 8)

Back
Top Bottom