Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 3.00 Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got in 3 hours on version 3 and what a huge difference on some of the amps I've been using. The euro red never sounded 100% to me I never liked the way the lower strings sounded now it is perfect to my ears. Sounds just like my ecstasy classic. The whole feel of the amps has greatly improved. Thanks Cliff for making my Axe feel like a new piece of gear every few months!

Hi guys,

Sorry if this is a stupid question...only got my box yesterday so it's all new to me.

Have upgraded the firmware to 3.00.....that was the easy part.

With the new preset bank i'm not sure if i'm doing it correctly.

I've put the new bankA from the zip file into the banks folder and sent to axe with a right click.

It sends something then everything looks the same.

Does it just write over the old bank A presets and look the same as before?

Are the presets just all the same names,just as before or should i be seeing something different ?

Sorry to be pain

Ian

An easy way to see what is going on is simply go to AxeManage and set up two views docked side by side. Window 1 with Axe-BankA and Window 2 with your folder containing the downloaded bank file. Right click on the new downloaded file and "send to Axe > this bank" etc. and you can watch window 1 as the presets get overwritten one by one.

Last edited:
Release notes? I am traveling abroad and would like to read them without downloading the whole enchilada to my phone. Thanks.

I got the Axe-II a few weeks ago but did not have time to try it. Tried the 3.0 yesterday and WOW!!! I can definitely hear the clarity especially in the high gain amps. I found myself turning off the drive block. The roar from the amp block was enough!

Thank you Cliff! It maid paying my credit card bill a little easier ;)

Wow! That's all I got.....friggin' WOW!

Okay......I got a Holy Sh*t as well.

I am stunned at the return on investment with this machine.

Wow! That's all I got.....friggin' WOW!

Okay......I got a Holy Sh*t as well.

I am stunned at the return on investment with this machine.

Like you bought a new unit is it not? That is the beauty of this box... FREE firmware upgades that just make you wonder "how could they do that" along with an owner and staff who listen and produce!

I feel like I got a whole new toy this weekend!! :mrgreen

I got the Axe-II a few weeks ago but did not have time to try it. Tried the 3.0 yesterday and WOW!!! I can definitely hear the clarity especially in the high gain amps. I found myself turning off the drive block. The roar from the amp block was enough!

Thank you Cliff! It maid paying my credit card bill a little easier ;)

Here here, I agree the drive blocks up front aren't needed to tighten the response on many of the amps now.

I've only had a couple of hours on 3.0, but I'm practically speechless. I've been playing through some of the updated bank A basic amp presets and every one of them sounds stellar. Looking forward to the new USB audio driver. Amazing job, Cliff! Thanks!!!

I just downloaded firmware 3 a few hours ago and I am blown away! I jumped from firmware 1.2 to 3 because of shows and not wanting to spend much time tweaking but damn all I did after the update is go through the amp models using my favorite presets and crap I am blown away I didnt even fiddle with another parameter but I looked alot of new settings but I didnt even touch them because it already sounds like sonic bliss. Much tighter sounding holey crap I thought the little lack of tightness was because I run though an art sla 2 but Firmware 3 brings the punch. Firmware 3 is like a shot of steroids for the Axe! Thank you. Cliff and the rest of the Fractal team. Simply awesome!

I reworked my patches for 3.00 tonight and all I can say is the crack has entered the building. Actually, I have a lot more to say about Ver. 3 but it's late lol.

There is a wallop in the power amp that I'm seriously happy with and there's a great dynamic feel to it...something I've never felt in a modeller before, especially in a FRFR setup. I use a lot of NMV amps with the master generally high so I'm all over this release like ugly on a moose heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom