Axe-Fx II Firmware 17.04 Released

I wouldn't have noticed the volume drop had it not been for a. Reading this thread, and b. Looking at the VUs. Anyway I raised my volumes by about 3dB give or take on most presets. Thanks to the VUs it took about 5 minutes. Sounding good!

I had a noticeable drop in volume between my two main presets and they were both the same volume before the update. One is the Mark IIc+ Bright which still sounds the same volume, but the other, the Mark IV Lead Bright +, was noticeably quieter.

Quick tick up on the amp level and they're the same volume now though. Still sound great.

Anyone planning to be gigging soon ought to go through all their patches and just make sure the apparent volumes all sound right.

Thank you again FAS for the frequent improvements. As many others have stated: it's a unique to have such great service after initial purchase.

Is there any need to reset amps to get the new amp modelling?

I had a noticeable drop in volume between my two main presets...
Two presets…….that was a long time ago, on a tube amp far, far away.

1018439.png

Well…it's in New Mexico now, so not that far away.

I prefer to switch between two presets, I just like to have a good clean preset and a good dist preset and switch back and forth.

I wish other musical manufactures offered the continued support FAS does. Thanks for this firmware update!

So I tried to shoot an IR using my amp (Voodoo Amps V-Rock) and my Weber Mass attenuator. The hum was very bad. Per Yek's suggestion, I plan on getting some humbuster cables and try again in the future. I'm not blaming the Axe Fx, rather I obviously don't have all the proper tools I need.

Sorry for my stupid question... but where can I find it? : Improved power amp modeling. This results in better touch sensitivity, more explosive dynamics and improved low note clarity when the virtual power amp is driven hard. Improved power amp cathode squish accuracy by accounting for dependency on bias point. Thx :eagerness:

solo-act. Are you in New Mexico? I tried sending you a pm, but your inbox was full.
Sorry for the OT everyone!

I just updated to 17.04 and played for an hour and a half. This is one awesome update!!! The amps are really alive and punch you in the nuts "exactly" like a great tube amp (and it feels so good!). Just amazing!!! Thanks Cliff

Sorry for my stupid question... but where can I find it? : Improved power amp modeling. This results in better touch sensitivity, more explosive dynamics and improved low note clarity when the virtual power amp is driven hard. Improved power amp cathode squish accuracy by accounting for dependency on bias point. Thx :eagerness:

It's not an added feature in the sense of something you can adjust.

The modelling in the backend has been improved, so all amp models benefit from the improved power amp section.

I show this as my 55th firmware upgrade (and I mean upgrade not update) since I got my Mark I in November of 2011 (and I am sure I missed an update or two along the line). Amazing dedication to the product and the customer!

Back
Top Bottom