Axe-Fx II Firmware 17.04 Released

Improved power amp modeling. This results in better touch sensitivity, more explosive dynamics and improved low note clarity when the virtual power amp is driven hard.

O-M-G!!! Thanks Cliff!!! :D

I cannot wait to crank it up, roll back my guitar volume and dig in! :D :D :D

Has anyone else had an issue where the output levels have changed on 17.04 vs 17.03?

Not a big deal but presets need to be turned up a little.
Not an issue, really. Levels dropped about 4 dB. Just bump your presets by the same amount. Or just turn up the volume knob and be done with it. :)

Not an issue, really. Levels dropped about 4 dB. Just bump your presets by the same amount. Or just turn up the volume knob and be done with it. :)

Thx for confirming - I just didn't want to think I had imagined it.

I had the same issue. It didn't affect any non mv amps like the Fenders but did amps like the Shiva clean that have a default mv value of 5. I had to fix it preset by preset.

With my presets, it was a pretty uniform drop, but I didn't check all the amp models.

Nor did I as I had little time.

I'll be taking for a spin tonight that is if I don't get lost playing a preset I made with the CAE + that seems to make hours disappear :)

I had the same issue. It didn't affect any non mv amps like the Fenders but did amps like the Shiva clean that have a default mv value of 5. I had to fix it preset by preset.

So, the volume drop is known, unavoidable, and not consistent? That means rebalancing output levels across patches all over again? Or am I misreading this?

New user here, and this is likely a stupid question, I apologize in advance. However, I see that there is a folder in the FW update that has UltraRes IR's in it. Should I adding those in as well via the Fractal Bot utility following the update of the firmware sysex file?

New user here, and this is likely a stupid question, I apologize in advance. However, I see that there is a folder in the FW update that has UltraRes IR's in it. Should I adding those in as well via the Fractal Bot utility following the update of the firmware sysex file?

If you have an XL then I believe they are already part of the factory presets.
For MKII users, you can either add them in via Fractal Bot or Axe Edit. I prefer to work with Axe Edit as you can move them around and drop and drag the whole lot in to audition.

So, the volume drop is known, unavoidable, and not consistent? That means rebalancing output levels across patches all over again? Or am I misreading this?

I had to rebalance some that were lower volume in 17.04. Some amps were the same, others were lower so just turning up the output knob on the Axe wouldn't work for me.

Um I just realized that u can capture irs? Is that right ? If it is then that maybe the reason why I sharted . If not then it was that meal I just ate

Back
Top Bottom