Axe-Fx II Firmware 16.03 Released

Update done, Just went through all my presets wanting to update the cab block to UR, and update the Reverb to HQ, but alas, not enough CPU. Not to worry, they all sounded awesome anyway. BUT... one preset I landed on crashed the Axe...then it kept rebooting over & over, without powering up completely. the screen and lights were going crazy!. Panic on my part, so I kept turning the value wheel and managed to get the unit to power up on a different preset. I quickly erased the corrupt preset. Seems OK now. I haven't damaged the unit have I? Hope it's Okay....

I got the same "rebooting over and over again" thing and used the method above (turning value wheel) to get it to boot successfully. Then to test it I went back to the original preset (which I can share and attach here if it would help - it says it utilizes 90%), powered down and back up successfully.

Strange, eh ?

Wooooow! Just noodling two hours with 16.03 and checked the new reverb algorithms. This is tha shiznit! Falling in love with the new concert hall, ambience and as i heard the rec studio c, i first thought i hear a convolution reverb! It`s that real!

WOW! :encouragement:

Switching to "High resolution" is audible, but subtle. For sure to prefer on studio sessions, mixing and recording, but for live i keep up with "normal res", because of huge CPU increasement in "High Res". For live situations and rehearsal sessions this will not make a big difference, IMHO.

But the new algorithms are AXECELLENT! I love it! Great work Cliff! Thank you!!!

Also .... damn! .... the new reverb Hold function is superb!!! Right now we get, what the hold function on the delay would`nt have done ever:

Super easy, perfect sound-on-sound pads ... Electro Harmonix Infinite Reverb: GO HOME :)

The coolest update since UltraRes IRs!!!!

Now the reverb Block is twice good as before. Really! THUMPS UP!
encouragement.png

Last edited:
I got the same "rebooting over and over again" thing and used the method above (turning value wheel) to get it to boot successfully. Then to test it I went back to the original preset (which I can share and attach here if it would help - it says it utilizes 90%), powered down and back up successfully.

Strange, eh ?

Please send me the preset.

If you press and hold Recall during power on it will skip the initial preset load.

Please send me the preset.

If you press and hold Recall during power on it will skip the initial preset load.

I deleted the offending preset. It was Yek's 'ViolinsSlow Ped' preset. I may have tweaked it a little though, I cant remember. I will have it in a bank backup, but I don't fancy sending it back to my Axe-Fx.

Holy crap this sucks! Now I have to redo ALL of my patches...

I just finished updating my Fender Twin patch w/Stereo HiRes Cabs and a delay of .060 on each. Then added the new Reverb. I had to drop a couple of effects in the patch that I rarely use because of the increase CPU. But, this is the best experience I've ever had playing guitar through a rig in 45 years!

Thanks FAS.

The hold is 1000% awesomeness! I've tried to get similar things with normal expression pedals, setting ridiculously long reverb times, but this is perfect for those ambient thingies. It's way past midnight and everyone is sleeping, I'm so glad I have some DI tracks saved on my computer...! Silent reverb testing with headphones.

I also found a bug in there, will post to bug section: setting the reverb quality to high, any echo density other than 8 causes squeal.

Last edited:
Have to say, I've been away from the electric for a bit.
I did it, I drooled as I was playing.
Chamber Rev in high
Beetles stereo hi res
OD clean
Come on man, who's gonna clean the mess up!

New verbs are killer, even make the models sound better... last night i was tweaking a BE preset, and wasn't thrilled, swapped out the new verb and it's killer.

Gotta get this freeze thing setup next.

Where do u select the High Quality option on the Reverb?? I see the new reverb types like London Plate...reinstalled axe edit, refreshed the blocks manually and still dont see it in Axe Edit. I can of course see it in front panel...but not in axe edit

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom