Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.00 Public Beta #4 (Beta 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is just 430hz freq, cut it by 3db or so, then adjust the output volume and there you have it, midcut feature from herbert.

Yeah, it’s just the ability to place it in the same place in the circuit as the original amp that I’m wondering about. Maybe it’s not that big a difference in the end, but I would imagine the placement would matter. There’s generally a huge difference with other EQs based on where they’re placed. Just a thought.

Yeah, it’s just the ability to place it in the same place in the circuit as the original amp that I’m wondering about. Maybe it’s not that big a difference in the end, but I would imagine the placement would matter. There’s generally a huge difference with other EQs based on where they’re placed. Just a thought.
I think it’s also if the goal is going for all authentic controls from the amp , but I don’t know how much a pain it is to add or have it added in Axe edit

Exactly. There should be a Tone page and then a "Tweaks" page. The Tweaks page would contain things that the amp doesn't have but could be modified to have, like a Depth control or a Bright Cap, etc.
Will it be possible to have an on/off switch on the "Tweaks" page?
So that those who do not use these advanced parameters can put the page in the "off" state and save some CPU....

So that those who do not use these advanced parameters can put the page in the "off" state and save some CPU....
I think all units have reserved CPU (core) for the amp(s)...? In that case it wouldn't matter — You will likely not gain that 1.2% for your effects.
Also, several tweaks may still need a working value, even if you don't tweak it.

I don't see how it would save CPU, these aren't extra blocks - just changing the values which form part of the model of the amp

My worst memory was the blackstar Gus g signature 200w head : 27,2 kg (approx 60 lb)! We ordered 3 of them and cabs … and all the amps were downstairs , how many amps I have lifted 🤦. I understand why my back is not very happy now. But it was fun playing through it . Now it’s over, axe fx ! 🤣

Attachments

• 863A4171-AF87-42FB-8408-BA86C8A4DAF0.jpeg
    863A4171-AF87-42FB-8408-BA86C8A4DAF0.jpeg
    899.6 KB · Views: 101
I think those advanced controls would still operate at their default values so no CPU savings likely available. Think of it as matter of whether that amp functionality is revealed to, or hidden from (ie on a separate page (ideal) or not accessable at all), the user.

Yes the lonestar 🤦. Also an ac30 and a twin it’s funny too 🤣.
Please Mud, stop hurting my back from memories! I sell all of my heavy amps, the only one I kept is the Masotti Monster, too versatile and well sounding. But it is fixed in the basement, no one could lift it other than the chosen one... :grin:

That’s a joke @Brewce, a joke 😅

Yes nevermore … I listen to them a lot for a short period, my favorite song was “ennemies of reality” . Now strangely I cannot listen to it again. I don’t really like the vocals. But the music is cool yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom