Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.00 Public Beta #4 (Beta 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone noticed anything off with the Dizzy V4 Silver 3 amp???? It seems to sound quite hissy in comparison to the Blue variation. I swear it never used to be like that before?? Can someone check??

I notice on the silver 3 amp the triode 1 plate frequency is 40000hz, whereas on the blue 3 it is 1900hz. Is that right???
@FractalAudio
I have one of the newer VH4's that was made this year (2022), and while I can't confirm the hiss you're describing, the real amp sounds better to me than the Dizzy V4 models. It sounds like there some treble peaking going on on Dizzy V4 Silver Channel 3 that doesn't exist on the real amp. There's also a bright switch available on that channel that doesn't exist on the real amp; maybe they're related. Silver Channel 2 sounds more like Channel 3 on the real amp. All of the channels are also dark in comparison to the real 2022 version of the amp. I've heard they made it brighter over the years.

I have one of the newer VH4's that was made this year (2022), and while I can't confirm the hiss you're describing, the real amp sounds better to me than the Dizzy V4 models. It sounds like there some treble peaking going on on Dizzy V4 Silver Channel 3 that doesn't exist on the real amp. There's also a bright switch available on that channel that doesn't exist on the real amp; maybe they're related. Silver Channel 2 sounds more like Channel 3 on the real amp. All of the channels are also dark in comparison to the real 2022 version of the amp. I've heard they made it brighter over the years.
Don't mean to nit, but there's treble peaking AND it sounds dark? That's a strange combination of observations!

Don't mean to nit, but there's treble peaking AND it sounds dark? That's a strange combination of observations!
Treble peaking in that it feels/sounds like a large amount of treble is being added to the signal prior to gain stages which results in a sharper attack overall. Compare Dizzy V4 Silver Ch 2 vs Ch 3 to see what I mean. Channel 2's attack is duller overall (less treble).

The Dizzy models sound darker compared to the real amp based on the range of the Treble/Presence knobs in the model vs the amp. The real amp has more treble/presence in the signal when the pots are at the same value as the model, and can go higher. But this matches with the difference in VH4 versions over the years. The older models were darker.

The AFD100 models have not been verified/updated yet. They are among the handful left to do. It's possible they will change.
I don't think that the model is the problem...
Because you actually verified that amp almost three times.

Something just sound wrong in that amp.

I noticed this as well. There’s a really piercing top end on the Dizzy V4 silver ch 3 model now.

Fine, but I'm confused about what would happen with the current "ideal" amp tone controls. Are you saying no controls would be duplicated between "authentic" and "tweaks"? For example, on a Deluxe would I find Bass and Treble on the authentic page and Middle and High Treble on the "tweaks" page?

I always use the ideal page, and the extended tone controls, even for amps like tweeds. It's going to be tedious if you have to bounce between two pages to do everything that can be done on the ideal page today.
The smarter solution: one page, with a filter: none/auth/tweaks. None show all the parameters, auth only the authentics one, tweaks the non authentic.

Well that a thing of revisions...
If they made a newer model and updated it. Cliff couldn't update it because he doesn't have it on hand...
It’s the Axe Fx model that has this piercing top end (which I don’t remember it had in older firmwares).

It might be that the newer Diezel VH4 amps sounds like this, and that the model is based on a newer amp. It just really stood out when I loaded it up.

Has anyone noticed anything off with the Dizzy V4 Silver 3 amp???? It seems to sound quite hissy in comparison to the Blue variation. I swear it never used to be like that before?? Can someone check??

I notice on the silver 3 amp the triode 1 plate frequency is 40000hz, whereas on the blue 3 it is 1900hz. Is that right???
@FractalAudio
That amp has not been updated/verified yet. It is among the handful left.

The handful left are all very heavy amps (as in heavy weight). I still have to do that amp and the Uberschall. I think the Herbert was done before the last beta.

I don't know what it is with German amp builders. They seem to be in a contest as who can build an amp that is sure to cause a hernia or ruptured disc.

That amp has not been updated/verified yet. It is among the handful left.

The handful left are all very heavy amps (as in heavy weight). I still have to do that amp and the Uberschall. I think the Herbert was done before the last beta.

I don't know what it is with German amp builders. They seem to be in a contest as who can build an amp that is sure to cause a hernia or ruptured disc.
ever tried to haul engl xxl 4x12 cab ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom