Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.00 Public Beta #4 (Beta 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it’s just the ability to place it in the same place in the circuit as the original amp that I’m wondering about. Maybe it’s not that big a difference in the end, but I would imagine the placement would matter. There’s generally a huge difference with other EQs based on where they’re placed. Just a thought.
7 band eq at the output eq section, dip 400 hz to taste, location Pre P.A. ?

Just a thought...

I have a Crate BV300H which I believe weighs 80lbs (36.28kgs). I have the V30 4x12 cab which I am sure isn't funny either (haven't moved them in years). If someone ever makes a guitar amp Top Trumps card set, please include the Crate. Also 6 - 6550s, 2 - 12AU7s, and 8 - 12AX7 vacuum tubes. Thats gotta be a high score.

Attachments

• WIN-003142-2.jpg
    WIN-003142-2.jpg
    414.1 KB · Views: 19
My worst memory was the blackstar Gus g signature 200w head : 27,2 kg (approx 60 lb)! We ordered 3 of them and cabs … and all the amps were downstairs , how many amps I have lifted 🤦. I understand why my back is not very happy now. But it was fun playing through it . Now it’s over, axe fx ! 🤣
Where did you worked? It looks like somewhere I know but I can’t remember.

My worst memory was the blackstar Gus g signature 200w head : 27,2 kg (approx 60 lb)! We ordered 3 of them and cabs … and all the amps were downstairs , how many amps I have lifted 🤦. I understand why my back is not very happy now. But it was fun playing through it . Now it’s over, axe fx ! 🤣
One of my touring rigs were two ENGL Fireball with two ENGL 4x12 Cabs…. I definitely don’t want to carry all that again. And when I remembering right, it wasn’t that fun to play on stage. It was loud yes but I‘m much more successful and I have much much more fun with In Ears.

7 band eq at the output eq section, dip 400 hz to taste, location Pre P.A. ?

Just a thought...
It’s slightly higher I think it 437 or 432 some random number Bruce Egnater had said

I know a guy who has built a few DZL type amps from schematics
And he says they are a pain because none of the cap values are normal they are all off by 2 or 3

It might be that the newer Diezel VH4 amps sounds like this, and that the model is based on a newer amp. It just really stood out when I loaded it up.
I can confirm the 2022 VH4 Ch3 does not sound like the Dizzy VH4 Silver Ch 3.

I think we should just let Cliff finish up the release for Cygnus 2.0 before saying this model is off and this one is too bright etc etc
Just my opinion
I agree, but I was confused because the release notes already mention all of the amp models have been updated:
All amp models have been updated as a result of the aforementioned improvements.

That amp has not been updated/verified yet. It is among the handful left.

The handful left are all very heavy amps (as in heavy weight). I still have to do that amp and the Uberschall. I think the Herbert was done before the last beta.

Ah cool, no worries. If it isn't a bug or anything, then don't mind me.
I don't know what it is with German amp builders. They seem to be in a contest as who can build an amp that is sure to cause a hernia or ruptured disc.
:tearsofjoy:

Will it be possible to have an on/off switch on the "Tweaks" page?
So that those who do not use these advanced parameters can put the page in the "off" state and save some CPU....
As has been alluded to, all of the parameters in the current Ideal page represent a component or section already in the amps circuit. It's just adding a control to adjust or tweak the component or section. Adjusting them doesn't really have any more impact on CPU than changing a parameter in the Authentic page.

Notwithstanding that it hasn't been verified etc yet according to Cliff, what's with the AFD hate in the Axe FX? :sweatsmile: I have (at time of writing) 16 different presets that are all identical, save for a different amp block, for when I feel like using something other than the IIC+ Deep/Bright, and the AFD, specifically AFD 2, is one of my favourite amps in the box! I haven't tried any of the beta firmwares this time around and I'm looking forward to experiencing it, see you on the final release FW21 version!

Ninja edit: a 'tweaks' page sounds like a pretty good idea. As long as we can access all the same things as now e.g. adding/removing a bright cap, depth controls, fat switch, all that stuff, whether it's presented as an ideal page or a tweaks page doesn't particularly matter to me.

P.s. how does the fat switch work with the USA models e.g. IIC+, Mark IV? I remember reading that Cliff had suggested they need it switching on, but it's not on the ideal page and I'm unclear whether they are on the real amp or not as well. If anyone knows for certain I'd be grateful for clarification.

The mesa 2x90 broke my back many times, and i was young...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom