Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.00 Public Beta #4 (Beta 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was running Beta 1 of this software and then yesterday I downloaded Beta 4 and noticed a pretty significant volume drop and reduction in gain on the Splawn OD gear 2 in my original preset. I then tried to engage the SAT switch to make up for the reduced gain and then noticed the volume drop another significant amount with the SAT switch on. This was not like any other amps when the SAT switch is turned on and the volume drops a little bit but in this case the volume dropped quite a bit.

I had this preset set up for headphones and with the new Beta 4 volume droppage caused preset overall volume to go from -25 to -19 to make up difference and when SAT switch was engaged to compensate for the volume drop the overall volume went from -19 to -7. Normally these only go up or down a few points, not this much.

Just seeing if anyone else noticed this with BETA 4 and current presets that were established in previous BETA's?

I was running Beta 1 of this software and then yesterday I downloaded Beta 4 and noticed a pretty significant volume drop and reduction in gain on the Splawn OD gear 2 in my original preset. I then tried to engage the SAT switch to make up for the reduced gain and then noticed the volume drop another significant amount with the SAT switch on. This was not like any other amps when the SAT switch is turned on and the volume drops a little bit but in this case the volume dropped quite a bit.

I had this preset set up for headphones and with the new Beta 4 volume droppage caused preset overall volume to go from -25 to -19 to make up difference and when SAT switch was engaged to compensate for the volume drop the overall volume went from -19 to -7. Normally these only go up or down a few points, not this much.

Just seeing if anyone else noticed this with BETA 4 and current presets that were established in previous BETA's?
I noticed this as well. My presets didn't sound the same and had less gain. I went back to Beta 1 and like it better.

I noticed this as well. My presets didn't sound the same and had less gain. I went back to Beta 1 and like it better.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. LIke others have mentioned these amps may be on the list of amps that haven't yet been converted by Cliff? Again, maybe the latest upgrades made these amps more realistic, and we were used to the last software version which were a little more processed? Not a game changer but definitely noticable.

I just tried that and it’s still pretty saggy compared to the real amp with the SS rectifier. It’s not bad… it’s just not as percussive. It would be cool to model the Silicon Diodes since it seems like it would be easier to make a tight amp sag more than to get a saggy amp to tighten up. The model still sounds good though.
A silicon/tube rectifier switch in the new (for the future) tweaks page maybe :p

Those Series One amps man... I loved mine as it was the 1st good amp I ever owned, but boy are they heavy (and lopsided).

I still have a Series One 200. The immense weight of that Transformers definitely makes it lopsided.
It was my primary gigging amp for a few years. One of the best sounding lives amps I had the pleasure
of playing. Built in attenuator made it a lot more versatile and usable than you would imagine a
200 watt tube amp could be. :)

I still have a Series One 200. The immense weight of that Transformers definitely makes it lopsided.
It was my primary gigging amp for a few years. One of the best sounding lives amps I had the pleasure
of playing. Built in attenuator made it a lot more versatile and usable than you would imagine a
200 watt tube amp could be. :)
Same thing I had Canadian builder
Peters Amplification was lopsided and Heavy as hell also oversized and did not fit onto a smaller 4x12 or 212
His answer I kid you not ,,, bring a table

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom