Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.00 Public Beta #4 (Beta 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a whole new experience to me getting able to just change to a different amp model and play it without any tweaking. But yes, I can jump between similar amps now. And even if I change to different kinds and I need to tweak it's not that much anymore. It's never been that way. It's such a hughe step foward.
Calling it Cygnus X2 is kind of an understatement?

I have a lot of my own presets, and I just ran through them, and they sound fine for the most part. I think that's the kind of question only you can answer for yourself.
With the big Cygnus update, it also became necessary to completely adjust all of your own and the factory presets. I got it wrong, but isn't version 21.0 also a major update affecting the amp section?

Will there also be an update for the factory presets?

With the big Cygnus update, it also became necessary to completely adjust all of your own and the factory presets. I got it wrong, but isn't version 21.0 also a major update affecting the amp section?

Will there also be an update for the factory presets?
I am sure they will tweak the factory presets but I don’t think we need new presets every release
I think there have been 2 or 3 revamped presets in the last year

I don't know what to tell you. There were no changes to the algorithms or the Fender or Vox models. I have the files right here and doing a diff shows no changes.

[EDIT] I should mention that I reduced the speaker drive by 50%. So to get the same amount of speaker drive as before you will need to double the value, i.e., if you had speaker drive set to 2.00 you will need to set it to 4.00 to get the same amount of speaker breakup.
Cliff, I notice turning up NF doesn't switch High Cut to Presence anymore (on unit)? If I go to Presence (or Depth) in the Adv tab are they inactive now if NF>0?

I know there was some confusion about that behavior by some, but I loved being able to "turn on" Presence for non-NF amps, like the Voxes.

Can you clarify or is this functionality now gone?

Cliff, I notice turning up NF doesn't switch High Cut to Presence anymore (on unit)? If I go to Presence (or Depth) in the Adv tab are they inactive now if NF>0?

I know there was some confusion about that behavior by some, but I loved being able to "turn on" Presence for non-NF amps, like the Voxes.

Can you clarify or is this functionality now gone?
Front panel or Axe-Edit? What do you mean by "inactive"?

You can still turn Negative Feedback up. Amps with no negative feedback don't have a presence network so Presence/Depth typically won't do anything when NF is turned up.

Front panel or Axe-Edit? What do you mean by "inactive"?

You can still turn Negative Feedback up. Amps with no negative feedback don't have a presence network so Presence/Depth typically won't do anything when NF is turned up.
Front panel. I think I missed this change (from the wiki):

Screen Shot 2022-11-04 at 10.53.46 AM.png

Previously I thought there was an ability to insert a generic presence/depth circuit to amps that didn't have it.

It's Friday ....
Smash Video Games GIF by HyperX

Front panel. I think I missed this change (from the wiki):

View attachment 110703

Previously I thought there was an ability to insert a generic presence/depth circuit to amps that didn't have it.
Yes, it did. But that already changed some time ago, maybe a year or even longer. Too bad.
However you could choose a different model with neg FB and change it's tonestack to the amp you initially wanted.

Really digging the Dlux Verb model also with this new firmware. Like the Plexi6CA7 Jumped (and non-jumped), it's just a lot clearer, fuller in the bottom (without being tubby, somehow), glassier/tube-ier, and for lack of a better description, physically present. It's stopped feeling/sounding like a really good model of an amp and really crossed over into feeling/sounding like a real amp.
That's one of my mainstay models and was the first I tested when the beta was released. I was stunned by how real it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom