Axe-Fest II

the schedule as it stands sounds AWESOME!!!!
Thank you Lords of Fractal for this bounty we are planned to receive, from thy bounty.
AWWWWW YEA!!
As you were....

Here's the schedule as it stands!

SATURDAY OCT 5

10:00 AM Mark Day Performance
10:30 AM FAS Software Team, Presentation
11:45 AM AM Break
12:00 PM Building a Preset A to Z, Scott Peterson
1:00 PM LUNCH (1 hr. Bring/Get your own)
2:00 PM Andy Wood Performance
2:45 PM Total Control with MFC-101 & Mission Pedals
3:45 PM Felix Martin Performance
4:30 PM Break to Visit Amp Show
5:30 PM AAL/Tosin Abasi & Javier Reyes Performance
6:30 PM WRAP UP

SUNDAY OCT 6
10:00 AM Cooper Carter Performance
11:00 AM Tricks of the Trade, Cliff Chase
12:00 PM AM Break
12:15 PM FAS Panel
1:15 PM LUNCH (1 hr. Bring/Get your own)
2:15 PM Sean Ashe Performance
2:30 PM Matrix Amps Presentation
3:15 PM Break to Visit Amp Show
4:15 PM James Santiago & Friends, Performance
6:00 PM WRAP UP

I'm glad they are making time to go and see the Amp show, I missed it all last time.

That was a twofold decision. We definitely wanted to allow some time this year for you to cruise the amp show. The other was we will need more time to set up for the final performance because James is bringing quite a few friends!

That was a twofold decision. We definitely wanted to allow some time this year for you to cruise the amp show. The other was we will need more time to set up for the final performance because James is bringing quite a few friends!

The mind reels. I'm sure James has a lot of amazing musician friends.

I have always wanted to go there. Looked at the schedule, are there any good bands going on. I wasn't familiar with any of them.

FAS picked a great week for Axe Fest II - the Friday-Monday shows at the Baked Potato are all loaded with stellar players and all the shows are worth attending. You may recognize these guys from their session work and or projects:

E.g., Steve Weingart plays keys for Simon Phillips, Steve Lukather and Dave Weckl. Steve is playing Friday with drummer Joey Heredia.

Session great Mitch Forman plays keys for fusion superband Metro (with Chuck Loeb, the guitarist he met while playing for Stan Getz). Mitch is playing Saturday and Sunday and frequents the Monday Night Jammz.

Doug Webb is absolutely fantastic, highly accessibile and down to earth and the guys in his band are all killer musicians. Doug is playing Sunday and frequents the Monday Night Jammz.

Guitarist John Zeigler of the Volto band is just phenomenal and spearhead's the Monday Night Jammz expertly covering jazz standards of Miles, Shorter, Hancock, Jaco, etc., at heavy and very loud fusion-metal levels (bring ear plugs but do not miss the Jammmz if you are hanging around through Monday night). John is playing Sunday and Monday.

FAS picked a great week for Axe Fest II - the Friday-Monday shows at the Baked Potato are all loaded with stellar players and all the shows are worth attending. You may recognize these guys from their session work and or projects:

E.g., Steve Weingart plays keys for Simon Phillips, Steve Lukather and Dave Weckl. Steve is playing Friday with drummer Joey Heredia.

Session great Mitch Forman plays keys for fusion superband Metro (with Chuck Loeb, the guitarist he met while playing for Stan Getz). Mitch is playing Saturday and Sunday and frequents the Monday Night Jammz.

Doug Webb is absolutely fantastic, highly accessibile and down to earth and the guys in his band are all killer musicians. Doug is playing Sunday and frequents the Monday Night Jammz.

Guitarist John Zeigler of the Volto band is just phenomenal and spearhead's the Monday Night Jammz expertly covering jazz standards of Miles, Shorter, Hancock, Jaco, etc., at heavy and very loud fusion-metal levels (bring ear plugs but do not miss the Jammmz if you are hanging around through Monday night). John is playing Sunday and Monday.

Awesome!!! tells you how ignorant I am of great musicians. If I have the time I would sure love to check some of that out.

I'm giving a presentation on Sunday. If you have specific requests on topics you would like to see covered please list them and I'll give them consideration.

I'm thinking it will be mostly a question-and-answer session.

I'm giving a presentation on Sunday. If you have specific requests on topics you would like to see covered please list them and I'll give them consideration.

I'm thinking it will be mostly a question-and-answer session.

Industry outlook for the next 5 and 10 years from your perspective would be interesting. And for completely selfish reasons related to my field of work, I'd love to hear what you think DSP and FPGA vendors could be doing better to make your life easier, advances in your field easier.

I just hope everything ends up on YouTube. :)

It all depends. I am putting my camera on a tripod in the back of the room where it will take in the whole stage and leaving it on fairly unattended. We are NOT going the multi camera route this year and I am not going to have any guests spend all their event time basically "working" it. If the video comes out decent enough where FAS and whoever is presenting and/or performing approve then I will release them. No promises.

Check out that lineup on Wednesday too! The Baked Potato rocks!

;) And the line up for Tuesday October 1st isn't to shabby either:

Scott Kinsey's Hard Ensemble:

Scott Kinsey ... Keyboards (Tribal Tech's outstanding keyboardist for decades)

Steve Tavaglione ... Sax and EWI (Dave Weckl, Sly & The Family Stone, Roger Waters, Steve Winwood, David Garfield, Karizma, Caldera, etc.)

Jimmy Earl ... Bass (Chick Corea Elektric Band, bassist for Truth In Shredding CD feat. Holdsworth and Gambale)

Gary Novak ... Drums (Chick Corea Elektric Band, Chick Corea's Quartet and Trio)

:encouragement:

Last edited:
It all depends. I am putting my camera on a tripod in the back of the room where it will take in the whole stage and leaving it on fairly unattended. We are NOT going the multi camera route this year and I am not going to have any guests spend all their event time basically "working" it. If the video comes out decent enough where FAS and whoever is presenting and/or performing approve then I will release them. No promises.

Well... I don't mean to tell people what to do but hiring a semi-pro film company to do that wouldn't cost too much. ;)

Back
Top Bottom