Axe-Fest II

I would love to go, but it falls right on my birthday.

Surely that's more of a reason to go than an excuse not to..?
shrug.gif

;)

I'd like to drift along, but being half the world away kinda snags that one

Surely that's more of a reason to go than an excuse not to..?
shrug.gif

;)

I'd like to drift along, but being half the world away kinda snags that one

Null and void excuse. :)

Yek is coming! We have people coming from Brazil and Japan also!

Damnit, you're right... but I am also gigging all that weekend too :?

If Cliff is anywhere near finishing that 'Wireless-hologram-remote-band-member' firmware update, I could maybe swing it...

Really??! Damn. I didn't think it would be limited.

It's a small room with limited seating space. Also, we are giving out a free Axe Fest T-Shirt to anyone who purchases before the 16th. In other words, tomorrow is the last day to purchase and receive the shirt. We may be able to add a few extra seats but no promises there. It's all about the fire marshal!

It's a small room with limited seating space. Also, we are giving out a free Axe Fest T-Shirt to anyone who purchases before the 16th. In other words, tomorrow is the last day to purchase and receive the shirt. We may be able to add a few extra seats but no promises there. It's all about the fire marshal!

aww i feel bad for the 5 people who wont get a shirt....

aww i feel bad for the 5 people who wont get a shirt....

They still have through tomorrow! :) We had to draw the line somewhere and the 15th was the day given to us by the shirt makers. We have lots of other goodies that will be in the swag bags not to mention some sweet products that we will draw numbers for. :eagerness:

Work has been a total stress-fest ass-kicking hell lately. This weekend is like the light at the end of the tunnel for me. Just keep swimming and Oct 5 will be upon me soon enough and all will be right again.

Admin M@, Cobbler et al
Since I live nearby (north San Diego), open offer to assist in set-up, etc any way extra hands might help. Have two Atomic CLR powered wedges if needed. Originally planned on driving up SAT, but willing to come in earlier if I can help out in any way. Let me know.

Admin M@, Cobbler et al
Since I live nearby (north San Diego), open offer to assist in set-up, etc any way extra hands might help. Have two Atomic CLR powered wedges if needed. Originally planned on driving up SAT, but willing to come in earlier if I can help out in any way. Let me know.

Matrix is supplying the PA and monitoring solutions so no wedges will be needed. We have quite a few guys arriving Friday so we should have no problems with setup. Thanks for the offer though. Very kind of you.

To all forum members who will be attending Axe Fest 2 on Sunday.

Do any of you have a Drum Kit mic set you would be willing to bring and let us use from 2:00pmto 6:00pm on Sunday? We have some stellar players performing this year with basically a full band in that timeframe. Drums, Bass, Keys, Sax, Mandolin etc! It is going to be sweeeeeeeet!

I am sure we all have access to SM57's etc and I have no doubt I could come up with those for overheads. I don't gig so I have to plead ignorance here with respect to micing drum kits. At a minimum I would think we would have a couple 57's for overhead and a dedicated ? for the kick.

I have seen those kits that have all the mics with clip on attachments so you don't need mic stands and was thinking that would be cool if anyone has something along those lines and would be willing to contribute.

I am all ears! Let me know what you think or can come up with!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom