Axe-Fx II Quantum Rev 3.00 Public Beta 2

I have been a high tech rock guitarist since the late 60's early 70's and the things we had to do to create a tone producing system was sometimes crazy. Fractal Audio has empowered todays creative guitar players by a quantum leap, If I may say so. I submit that Cliff Chase's birthday would become a holiday that every guitarist or sound engineer take note of. Axe-Fx,, a truly significant accomplishment, that stands alone in quality. Thanks

Since 3.00 the DYN PRES basically does nothing. I used to run it on a lot of amps the perfectly brighten things up at about 1. Now I can turn it full blast and it makes no difference it all. Any suggestions or info on how to get that function back in another tweak?

mine works fine.. try reloading ..... Dynamic presence sounds great ..you can find some really nice sweet spots on different Amp and cab configurations

Since 3.00 the DYN PRES basically does nothing. I used to run it on a lot of amps the perfectly brighten things up at about 1. Now I can turn it full blast and it makes no difference it all. Any suggestions or info on how to get that function back in another tweak?
wasn't that control specifically changed? are you trying to use it on EDIT or on the front panel?

It depends on power amp distortion, so it may not work with your specific amp models.

Use Character instead.

It depends on power amp distortion, so it may not work with your specific amp models.

Use Character instead.
I'll give it a try. I uses the 5153 50W Blue and play trough a cab and at 1 it was perfect. Now from 0-10 it has absolutely no effect on tone. Tried it on 5 different amps at least and it does nothing for any of them.

I'll give it a try. I uses the 5153 50W Blue and play trough a cab and at 1 it was perfect. Now from 0-10 it has absolutely no effect on tone. Tried it on 5 different amps at least and it does nothing for any of them.

You´ll only notice dynamic presence effect if you turn master volume on the amp block way high (7 or more).

Last edited:

Make sure power amp modeling is turned on and sag is set to a value greater then zero.

Using Firefox, when I click on the download link for the mark II on the first page of this thread, I don't get a download option on my Mac. It displays a page of code.

-Chris

PS
It does work in Safari...

Last edited:
Make sure power amp modeling is turned on and sag is set to a value greater then zero.
I realize that. I've had the axefx since the month it was released. New 3.00 the DYN Presence does absolutely nothing. I'll just roll back to 2.04 till it gets worked out.

Using Firefox, when I click on the download link for the mark II on the first page of this thread, I don't get a download option on my Mac. It displays a page of code.

-Chris

PS
It does work in Safari...
Try ... right click.>> Download Linked File from the drop-down menu

A lot are talking about how DYN Presence does nothing. I hear a difference personally, Its just not as much as it used to be. To me its actually a reasonable amount of presences when you dig in and keeps the amp really smooth still. Before 3.0 I did not use it much because it made things sound so harsh. Im not sure if its minimal change is intended or not but i personally like whats its doing even if it isn't able to over kill. To me i find big positives in the Diezel vh4 model so far and heard an immediate difference in tone.

A lot are talking about how DYN Presence does nothing. I hear a difference personally, Its just not as much as it used to be. To me its actually a reasonable amount of presences when you dig in and keeps the amp really smooth still. Before 3.0 I did not use it much because it made things sound so harsh. Im not sure if its minimal change is intended or not but i personally like whats its doing even if it isn't able to over kill. To me i find big positives in the Diezel vh4 model so far and heard an immediate difference in tone.
which cab are you running with the VH4 ? I´m also used to play the Diezels, but only the 4. Channel is really good enough to me.....
I use them with OH Diezel V30 V3

which cab are you running with the VH4 ? I´m also used to play the Diezels, but only the 4. Channel is really good enough to me.....
I use them with OH Diezel V30 V3
Well sorry to be off topic BUT
The bulb cab pack with the orange and engl cab.
Try Doing the citrus 412 stereo cab with dephase on 5.5 mixed with a DYN 57 And R121.

wasn't that control specifically changed? are you trying to use it on EDIT or on the front panel?
+1 ^ This.

schlagdog, if you aren't already doing so, try making the adjustments using the front panel instead of in Axe Edit. Axe Edit may not have any affect at all when tweaking parameters/features that have been added or modified. Axe Edit isn't updated to take full advantage of new/modified features until after the FW emerges out of beta.

Sounding Killer!

Love this AXE FX ... tuned up the 50W Marshall Treble and did ZZ Top for far too long ... my neighbors love me.

FAS Moddern 1 is baaaaaaaaaccckkkkkkkk ... seemed different and "thin" in 3.01b

I'm away on bidness and not able to update to beta 2. I'm reading the rave reviews. With past history as my guide, there have been times when Cliff smoothed things out. They weren't maybe as realistic, but they were Idealized versions of reality. In fact, we still have IDEAL for saturation, which I would die without. Cliff's version of Saturation is better than the real thing.

I'm wondering if he "smoothed some stuff out", and that's what everyone is feeling excited about?

Maybe just a stab in the dark, but Mr. Chase?

You obviously didn't read the release notes(Pg1, Post1). That control is no longer just a general tweaking control, it's tied to the transformer/speaker interaction. It can no longer be used the way you used to use it. There are a million other ways to add high end.

Back
Top Bottom