Axe-Fx II Quantum Rev 3.00 Public Beta 2

completely deactivated (one is subdued in axe-edit), running parallel, muted bypass.

I turn one off, save it, go back to the scene in which it was turned off, it's on again...?

completely deactivated (one is subdued in axe-edit), running parallel, muted bypass.

I turn one off, save it, go back to the scene in which it was turned off, it's on again...?
I had a similar issue with a pitch setup. I ended up remembering what amp and setting I had, removed the amp blocks, saved the settings, then re-inserted the amp blocks. I don't know why the pitch came on every time I reloaded, after saving it, but removing and re-inserting it solved the issue.

I had a similar issue with a pitch setup. I ended up remembering what amp and setting I had, removed the amp blocks, saved the settings, then re-inserted the amp blocks. I don't know why the pitch came on every time I reloaded, after saving it, but removing and re-inserting it solved the issue.

Did you copy/delete/paste in the block to make it work? I ask because I've tweeked a lot of parameters.

So tomorrow I'm going to be testing Q3.0 beta against some tube amp guys, and I'm feeling... I'm feeling like with the new dynamic presence modeling and the tube/transformer/speaker interaction I'm getting a lot more cut and grind, so I'm very curious to see how it sounds against these tube-lovin' metal heads playing 6505+ amps. Should be interesting!

I hear tube amps all the time in the shop where I work, and I long to get home to play on the Axe FX.

Is my mind playing tricks on me, or do the Plexis grind particularly well since 3b2? At first I didn't notice any difference from 2,4 with the Carol Ann OD I was mainly using, but when checking out the Marshalls I'm sold on them again.

PS Without "having" to buy a new amp every year, I could buy another guitar this week. And I did :D I keep repeating myself, but the Axe is for me the best investment in guitar amplification I ever did.

PS Without "having" to buy a new amp every year, I could buy another guitar this week. And I did :D I keep repeating myself, but the Axe is for me the best investment in guitar amplification I ever did.

Oh sure, GAS is not something that can get cured. Your investments change from amps and cabs to guitars and monitors. And that's just fine. Feels good to own some more guitars :) Save some money? We never did that, why should that work now?

Excuse me if this is a dumb question but I went too V3 B2 fine ... the presets are the same as they were in V2.04 I don't see and preset bank download. I am new to Fractal and I am unsure what has changed.... are the presets not working correctly in some areas. I want to build my own sounds but looking at starting form the presets ... but if they are out of whack with the Beta maybe this isn't a good idea?

Excuse me if this is a dumb question but I went too V3 B2 fine ... the presets are the same as they were in V2.04 I don't see and preset bank download. I am new to Fractal and I am unsure what has changed.... are the presets not working correctly in some areas. I want to build my own sounds but looking at starting form the presets ... but if they are out of whack with the Beta maybe this isn't a good idea?
As @musicman0001 said, there are no new models. What I specifically noticed is every preset has a more dynamic, compressed feel with especially good pick attack. There may be some more bass feel. But if that is an issue, EQ some out. Coming from a lot of Mesa gear, you soon realize how important EQ is. The way they set their amps up, treble affects mid and bass and bass affects mid and treble. I always say EQ is my friend.

I just upgraded from FW 14 to this. I gotta say it sounds a lot better overall. It seems though that there is a lot less gain in almost every amp model. Maybe that is more realistic for most models? I noticed the Herbie 3 particularly has a lot less gain.

Going from FW 14 to Q3B2 is indeed quite a leap.

Lot's of things have changed, already in Q1 and Q2. And you are right amp moddeling has changed and this has definitely some effect on your presets. It's maybe even better to reset your system and presets and BUILD all your presets from "scratch" or at least reset the amp block and tweak till your ears are in love with the amp(s). There are some new things to tweak with so it's best to check previous release notes and forum. I started from scratch with only amp and cab (and then the rest again).

Good luck! and have fun!

Back
Top Bottom