Axe-Fx II Quantum Rev 3.00 Public Beta 2

Q3.2beta is fantastic. I mostly use non-MV amps, and they sound gorgeous.
Thanks a lot to Cliff!!

One thing I would like to suggest:
Is it possible to retain the Graphic EQ settings of the amp block when switching the amp? Background is, I have found that often after a FW update, I need to reset the amp by selecting another amp type, switch back, and reset controls.
While Vol/B/M/T is preserved the GEQ settings are not... And since they are on a different tab, it's quite difficult to memorize them together with the main amp settings.
Additionally, I would greatly appreciate a bypass switch on the GEQ page... Don't know how difficult that is, but that would be great as well.
Thanks again.

So we can't use Axe-Edit with V3 Beta 2?

yes you can use latest axe edit with Q3beta 1& 2, but wont be able to do things that are new and not implemented yet.

i.e. when going with Q3beta and change all amp with different values then latest its anyway better to stay on 2.04 (you will only miss 1 amp). its a beta version and things can still go wrong and bugs can be found, if worried stay on previous versions. I myself like to play around with betas as im not live gigging lately, in middle of changing full gear to axe fx and busy making my sound.

Thanks a lot to Cliff!!

Is it possible to retain the Graphic EQ settings of the amp block when switching the amp? Background is, I have found that often after a FW update, I need to reset the amp by selecting another amp type, switch back, and reset controls.
While Vol/B/M/T is preserved the GEQ settings are not... And since they are on a different tab, it's quite difficult to memorize them together with the main amp settings.
Additionally, I would greatly appreciate a bypass switch on the GEQ page... Don't know how difficult that is, but that would be great as well.
Thanks again.
Pitta! I agree with the bypass button on the Amp Block EQ, so you can compare it with or without, as well as a double click on each frequency slider for it to return to value 0.00 would be nice!

Hi Friends,

If a install Quantum 3 can I change Modeling amps version to Quantum 2 in Preamp?

Thanks

The Wrecker Liverpool amp with some dynamic presence dialed in, paired with a Marshall V30 cab and played with a Telecaster, sounds amazing! Used it in a project that I'm currently working on and it was perfect. Liking this beta version so far.

Haven't had time to get to the Recto, yet.

Thanks a lot to Cliff!!

Thanks again.
+1 (Is it possible to retain the Graphic EQ settings of the amp block when switching the amp)?

This is similar to another request.

Yes, I'd would be in favor of certain controls having their default position (the default for the specific amp type) "marked" in some way.

Primary candidates would be: Master, Presence/HiCut and Depth, Bright switch.
Yes, marking would be cool, and also it may be desirable is that this info is not ALWAYS applied when the amp block is reset - maybe a little lock switch on the main amp model screen so you can lock whatever few basic parameters are agreed upon by the mass community.
If that makes sense.

Anyone who wishes to update the entirety (aside from the basic tone stack) to the new default settings can simply not engage the little lock icon.

Still, NO ONE would probably be NOT in favor of seeing the defaults marked in a silver vector hash mark, or with a pyramid eye, or Facemelt Face, or.

Gosh, I sometimes feel sorry for all the busy programmers at Fractal (and clones). I realize the resolution is not going to allow anything like that. I was never good at graphics type decisions on LCDs with only a few levels of grayscale. (Axe Edit would be much easier I guess). Anyway, what we have is so good, I'm embarrassed to nitpick;

I never did try the snapshots feature - will do so.

Played 3.0 beta 2 at practice tonight with my Strat. Used the BE V2 and just used the volume knob and pickup selector to get every tone I needed from bright clean to a nice throaty neck pickup grind to rock crunch. I did kick in the zen master and some delay for a couple of solos, but most of the time the chain was just guitar->amp->cab->reverb. (Rec studio C) It sounded brilliant in the mix at all times.

Big thumb up!

I've just been listening to tonight's rehearsal recording and am loving what I'm hearing with Q3b2; my mid-gain Marshall preset simply sounds amazing on the recordings, as do my hi-gain and lead presets...all my amps do...wow.

Playing thru the current beta tonight for the first time was immensely satisfying as far as feel and 'connection' go...Q3 manages to up the ante once again. What an amazing platform...I just had the greatest time playing tonight thru the AFX and later listening to absolutely killer guitar tones for the first time mixed with the new band/Q3b2 capped of a great day of rocking out...thanks again Cliff and FAS for all you do...

Quantum beta 3.2 sounds fantastic! Thank you Cliff and FAS team for your time and efforts. :)

I'm liking what I've heard so far, but admittedly, I've spent most of my time playing with Dweezil's Bassman. I've done a quick run-through of most of my gig presets and didn't find any anomalies, but everything sounds nice and big. (I'm using a variety of clean Fender and Vox tones, as well as several crunchier Plexi and Recto presets.) Thanks as always, FAS. You guys continue to blow me away.

Back
Top Bottom