Show Us Your AX8 Rig! (post your pics)

Just finished this rig for my son

EYJ5OZi.jpg

0HLmws1.jpg

WdMY5oK.jpg

Thanks! Yes, it's from here:

http://www.nycpedalboards.com/

Everything is attached via velcro. There are no holes in the board, mainly because there isn't enough room underneath. There is a small pull strap in the back that can be used to lift the back of the board up to tilt it. When it's tilted, it works better for sitting down in front of it. Standing, my son likes it flat because the EV-1's have such a long throw. I used 2-inch wide double-sided velcro to cover all the wires. From standing position it blends in clean, so it looks like the wires are going under the board.

I don't play guitar, but I recently started taking bass and drum lessons. I have a long road ahead of me. I just want to play on stage with my son one day. I regret not starting this sooner in my life (I'm 47).

Thanks! Yes, it's from here:

http://www.nycpedalboards.com/

Everything is attached via velcro. There are no holes in the board, mainly because there isn't enough room underneath. There is a small pull strap in the back that can be used to lift the back of the board up to tilt it. When it's tilted, it works better for sitting down in front of it. Standing, my son likes it flat because the EV-1's have such a long throw. I used 2-inch wide double-sided velcro to cover all the wires. From standing position it blends in clean, so it looks like the wires are going under the board.

I don't play guitar, but I recently started taking bass and drum lessons. I have a long road ahead of me. I just want to play on stage with my son one day. I regret not starting this sooner in my life (I'm 47).

You must love your kid like crazy!!! That's great. I wish my kids had taken up guitar. They did for a semester at high school, then realized how much work it was to get good. They see me play and they say that looks easy, how hard can it be.

My almost finished setup. Still got to tidy up the cables and throw down some velcro. I am thinking about just leaving the natural wood look, but I just can't decide. On one hand, I think it looks good with the contrasting of the light wood and the black pedals..... but on the other hand, laying velcro over the entire thing would certainly make those cables blend in better(which seems to work well with my OCD).

20160223_005455_zpsnkyzf6wi.jpg

From Friday's gig... it was packed! Looking forward to the next two weekends, pretty good rooms but cramped quarters. Bringing one guitar and the AX8 in my dual guitar gigbag (someone else mentioned doing that and my stuff just fits). I also bring the PA / lights so my guitar rig has to be quick and easy. I may eventually get an expression pedal but I'm OK for now. We use IEMS and any monitor I have is dedicated to support for substitutes that may not have an IEM rig, still sounds great in ears, through my PA (Yamaha DXR10's) and an Alto TS110a.
I'm also going to be using this for all acoustic duo shows and hope to be using a LOT of looping once I get comfortable. The whole idea to move to the AX8 was a single device for all gigs (and recording) and it has delivered so far, 5 gigs already!

AX8-TF_zpssnp1pcto.jpg

Hi Sruli :) Very nice setup! Where did you get the right angle cables from? Thank you in advance.
The ones for the expression pedals were from monoprice. I don't remember where I got the instrument ones from but I have a couple of them. Really works out great because I don't have to disconnect any of the cables when packing up.

I use the Boss GP-10 using the 13 pin cable for alternate tunings and guitar modeling.
The B9 is for a nice distorted B3 organ sound.
The rest is all AX8!

The Easy button speaks for itself :)

ax8-jeff-jpg.29465

AX-8 + GP-10 is what I am considering using! Just need to figure out how exactly and which guitar.

Do you find the AX-8 responds well with guitar models as opposed to real magnetic pickups?

Hey buddy - looks great! What's that big power block thingy on the right? Trying to work out how to neatly power my board at the moment, and that's the last piece of my own puzzle :)

Thanks! The black box has a power brick inside for the the GLXD Wireless unit. I was a big fan of having a Vafam Panel with my AXE2 because it made sure I didn't break or wear-out any of the plugs on the AXE2. So, I rigged all the jacks we use for the AX8 in similar fashion to this little black box.

bb7qPFH.jpg

MozuDIj.jpg

Thanks! The black box has a power brick inside for the the GLXD Wireless unit. I was a big fan of having a Vafam Panel with my AXE2 because it made sure I didn't break or wear-out any of the plugs on the AXE2. So, I rigged all the jacks we use for the AX8 in similar fashion to this little black box.

bb7qPFH.jpg

AC power, DC Power and signal in the same box, all leads next to one another....... I would always prevent that.

My almost finished setup. Still got to tidy up the cables and throw down some velcro. I am thinking about just leaving the natural wood look, but I just can't decide. On one hand, I think it looks good with the contrasting of the light wood and the black pedals..... but on the other hand, laying velcro over the entire thing would certainly make those cables blend in better(which seems to work well with my OCD).

20160223_005455_zpsnkyzf6wi.jpg

Hey nice set up!

Whats the three button black box to the right of the AX8 - some sort of MIDI switch I assume?... and more importantly - what you using it for?

Back
Top Bottom