Show Us Your AX8 Rig! (post your pics)

Clever use of the guitar case! Though I admit I get nervous when there's that much heavy gear separated from the guitar by just a layer of foam.

I agree, and I would not recommend this on a daily basis. The guitar and Ax8 was only carried to and from the car like this

Hi guys - new user here. Here's my board I built today, with my brand spanking new amazing Ax8. I already love it, and I cant wait to play this weekends gig. :D

ax8-1.jpg

ax8-2.jpg

(Edit: pics fixed)

Last edited:
Victory. I somehow managed to connect those with 4cm.. Currently there are no pops and clicks when changing channels by MIDI, no spillover issues, no hum. But each time I mess with the scenes / XY states - some new issue appears :)

So I guess this is never ending story, but at least I can upload a photo and say the AX8 is not going anywhere ;-)

MGalleryItem.php

Here is my AX8 rig. It all fits nicely in a Diago Showman case. I made a custom power box that has an on/off button, 9v output for the Shure GLX unit, mains out for the AX8, and one extra mains out for my monitor. So with a single 5m power cable, I power my entire board and my monitor (QSC K10). Setup is probably 2 minutes or something, will have to try it out at rehearsal tomorrow! :)

ax8-1.png

ax8-2.jpg

My "reply time" is 10/13 at 8:20, so I probably have 4-5 weeks to go before I get my AX8. Soooo, I mocked up what I think my board will look like. It measures 16 x 32. I will have two Expression Pedals, one for volume the other of Wah, etc. Two - Boss FS-5U, one for Volume Boost, the second is undetermined. The A/B splitter up top is so I can keep my Lap Steel plugged in at all times. I play in a duo, so I switch between guitar, Bass, and Mando. I just got the Lap, and I'd like to keep it plugged in at all times, for convenience. And now, I wait... and wait... and wait...

Attachments

• ax8.JPG
    ax8.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 144
Here is my AX8 rig. It all fits nicely in a Diago Showman case. I made a custom power box that has an on/off button, 9v output for the Shure GLX unit, mains out for the AX8, and one extra mains out for my monitor. So with a single 5m power cable, I power my entire board and my monitor (QSC K10). Setup is probably 2 minutes or something, will have to try it out at rehearsal tomorrow! :)

ax8-1.png

ax8-2.jpg
That is really slick. But mark my words: the day will come when you regret having a foot-accessible power switch. :)

Hi Sruli,

I'm just curious, what do you use the expression knob to control? I'm thinking of adding a knob or extra switch or two and just thinking about possiblities.

Hi Sruli,

I'm just curious, what do you use the expression knob to control? I'm thinking of adding a knob or extra switch or two and just thinking about possiblities.
I tie it to my volume boost (filter block) so I always have control of the volume of my leads.

Back
Top Bottom