What are you listening to right now?

Ry Cooder...still absolutely underrated, god knows why. I really don`t like the CD Version, but this one is like magic to me when I´m overworked...

Ry Cooder has always been one of my hero's- Under rated by the public at large for sure, but more importantly-Other musicians knew\know how good he is- from the Beatles to Clapton to Duane Allman and so many more.
One of the best slide players ever imho-Besides the Crossroads movie slide stuff, he did the sound track for a movie called Johnny Handsome. Killer guitar on the soundtrack.

John Hiatt. When I first heard this song in the radio 30 years ago ( didnt know him,, never heard of him before ), I was sitting, smoking a cigarette and I was instandly shocked, when he began to sing.... it was, like I discovered a long lost brother. I cried through the song. This voice, the songwriting...it was the beginning of a lifelong connection. I was so fearful that the radio host perhaps wouldnt say what song it was...weird.
Saw him in cologne in a small club with Sonny Landreth ( umpfffff, what a slide player ), his voice is so unique, so much soul.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom