What are you listening to right now?

Just saw that Shoegaze is making a comeback. I find that very interesting indeed.

Here's a great band from the genre, The Jesus and Mary Chain with "Head On". BTW-I have their debut album and while the songs are quite good, the use of feedback is to the point of distraction. I'm glad they learned to tone it down.

My hero-Gone at 59 yrs old iirc. Went blind in 2011, died 2015. I have all his cds with Avenue Blue's and other great jazz\blues artist.
sadly, imho, most folks outside of musicians, only know him from Rod Stewart, when he toured with him.
Jeff comes in around 4:11 but the whole jam is great.....................Asked in an interview what he used as an amp, he said whatever they had at the gig. Twin reverb was his amp of choice when possible. He could play ANYTHING.........Just like other great guitarists!

I can't believe I'm just discovering this release.
It's two hours long and there are no time stamps for the songs, but true Alvin Lee fans will love his incredible playing on this.

Big Alvin Lee fan got to see him live back in the day up in Detroit. Haven’t seen this before really glad you posted it love it. I know what I’ll be doing for a while just in from having a little skin cancer removed chilling. Thanks Jeff for posting this I’m loving it! I probably won’t finish it right now but I will man this is frigin awesome.

Big Alvin Lee fan got to see him live back in the day up in Detroit. Haven’t seen this before really glad you posted it love it. I know what I’ll be doing for a while just in from having a little skin cancer removed chilling. Thanks Jeff for posting this I’m loving it! I probably won’t finish it right now but I will man this is frigin awesome.
You're welcome, Fred! I saw him in 1980 in a fairly small place and loved him.
Good luck with the (is it Moh's Surgery?) removal. I've had two of them myself....

Fred, that link I posted isn't Alvin Lee! It's TYA but with another guitar [very impressive] player named Joe Gooch.
Still a nice look/listen. Here's the live link:

You're welcome, Fred! I saw him in 1980 in a fairly small place and loved him.
Good luck with the (is it Moh's Surgery?) removal. I've had two of them myself....
Thanks Jeff yes it was Moh’s Doc says it looked pretty good necks a little sore and stings a little. Doc said they might have me put some of that cream that removes any other cells just to be safe after it heals a little. The joys of getting older and living in the sun…

When I saw him it was Alvin Lee and Ten Years After. I hadn’t even looked at the guitar player I just assumed it was AL…. Still sounds awesome.
Thanks Jeff…
I’ll check out the other video also Thanks for keeping me straight :)

My 8 y.o. little girl, just yesterday and before bed time, asked me to play her "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For". I asked her (twice) to repeat the title of the song to make sure I wasn't mistaken and got a confirmation both times. I was completely blown away. I can only suppose she happened to hear it on the radio sometime and it left an impression.

Anyway, I played it for her and that was indeed what she wanted. That was such a great album.

My 8 y.o. little girl, just yesterday and before bed time, asked me to play her "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For". I asked her (twice) to repeat the title of the song to make sure I wasn't mistaken and got a confirmation both times. I was completely blown away. I can only suppose she happened to hear it on the radio sometime and it left an impression.

Anyway, I played it for her and that was indeed what she wanted. That was such a great album.
That’s really cool! I know when I saw the video and listen to the song it kinda made the hair stand up on my arms. And I started watching more of the videos. It made me think Wow these guys are so great and there songs real do make you appreciate there music much more. It’s funny how some things can touch your heart like that.
Hope you’re having a great Tuesday! :)

Back
Top Bottom