What are you listening to right now?

Joe Bonamassa is crazy good and his shows never disappoint he is truly a Monster Player. His acoustic sets are ridiculously awesome and when goes to his Les Paul just blows me away. What a cool Dude!
I watch and listen to Joe B daily. I seem to have the Greek Theatre videos on a repeat playlist that is there whenever I switch YT on. I just wish that I could achieve a tone something like his!

Years and years ago (2010 or around that time) I was driving home listening to a BBC Radio blues show when some fantastic guitar playing came on. I arrived home and must have sat in the car for 30 minutes listening to the rest of the show and then trying to remember his name so I could "Google" him. I have been a fan ever since.

This song is great, but if you can't be bothered to listen to it all just jump to about 1.20 in for the guitar solo. If you can do a solo any better than this you deserve to be a Fractal Artist.

These guys are so badass to me. Awesome modern thrash from Serbia. The album is Novo Oružje Protiv Bola by Quasarborn. Modern bands never hit me, but these guys did. I love the riffs and the vocal melody / delivery. I feel a passion from the dude's voice that is refreshing, and the riffs make me think of an almost Middle Eastern sound at times, which I love. That makes sense, since Chuck Schuldiner is my favorite songwriter, and that guy so often just lived in harmonic minor, in the best way. The production is unfortunately modern, claustrophobic, compressed to hell, but to me the music still shines through.

After listening to badass modern Serbian thrash, it just reminded me of another non-English language album that blew me away, the Russian thrash band Aspid, with their album Extravasation, from I believe 1993. The production will make you contemplate not living anymore, but the guitar performance will make you want to live forever. It's so raw and unapologetically frenetic. I've never given a f**k about moshing or stage diving, but Towards One Goal makes me want to enter a violent moshpit and lose my mind. If the riff at around 1:00 doesn't fill your soul, you may not possess one.

I added this to my music playlist and immediately ran it through a stem separation program to create an instrumental. Listening to it without vocals I genuinely thought that it was Joe B and his band.

Back
Top Bottom