Well you got one less person getting the axe fx II

to the OP

I feel your pain brother. I too own an axe ultra and no matter how much tweaking I did
I never got the pick to string response close to replacing a real amp,nice but sorry, just nice!
I also own a egnater M4 with a SL,SL2,TD,VX ,Rectal(friedman recto mod........is he gay?)
This is some serious kit..........
My advice is put your name back on the AXE II list and be prepared to have your tube and gear aquisition world rocked for a long hiatus.It really is that much of a step up from the ultra sort of like taking off the condom! Sorry........
I use the axe II with FRFR PA and also a fryette 2502 and a RT2/50 w/ atomic passives or 2x12 scumnicos and avatar 2x12 hellatones
I really wanted to hate this thing because of all the kool aid drinkers here........... BUT!
All I can say is Cliff frigg'n hit it out of the park with the AXE II
I can't put my guitar down!!!!
I'm doing a festival this coming weekend and will be bringing the AXE II.The AXE II presets are dialed in at gig volume and are consistent without much level change (unlike the ultra presets)
I guess I'll take my Kool-aid lemon flavor

For the record, I like my Kool aid cherry flavor :mrgreen
I know you're being sarcastic, but I do have to say that Cliff can be a bit harsh, and I've always thought he should have a middle man, between himself, and the forums.

The Axe-FX is a great tool, and I have found that most anyone that has something negative to say about it either is just trying to make trouble, or has missed the point all together.

I have found that most anyone that has something negative to say about it either is just trying to make trouble, or has missed the point all together.

Nonsense..if that was the case the AxII would never have been developed, the only time people get pulled up is when they make statement that they cannot back up, offer opinions as facts, and come on here with the whole purpose of being a troll.

People have offered constructive criticism on many occasions, Fractal has listened to what customers want and hence the AxII in now in existence.

People have offered constructive criticism on many occasions, Fractal has listened to what customers want and hence the AxII in now in existence.
Thank you for making my point. "Constructive criticism" is not negative. (should not be...)

If there is a legitimate problem, (bug, some cool idea, whatever...) then sure, people are going to say something, but that's not a negative thing.

So...

I stick with my original sentiment.

what mod to be exact? Can't blame it on Jay anymore if you've been paying attention.

Well if I have immunity to speak on which staff member still needed to go, please let me know, if not i'll re-frame, I need not any warnings for attacking someone personally now would I. Nope haven't been paying attention, yet i'm able to point out issues with Cliff's staff that you have seemed to miss, or maybe just ignore, either way the issues are still there.

Ps. I thought Jay left because he didn't agree with Cliff, with regards to the Axe 2 vs the Ultra's tonal qualities. Even if that wasen't the full reason, I could see the tension between them in the thread where they went back and forth.

Last edited:
Ps. I thought Jay left because he didn't agree with Cliff, with regards to the Axe 2 vs the Ultra's tonal qualities. Even if that wasen't the full reason, I could see the tension between them in the thread where they went back and forth.

I personally think that is there business and nothing to do with us...

The vast majority have no problems with Cliff or anyone on the staff. Certainly there are going to be disagreements and they will sometimes get heated as with any hot topics on any forum. A select few do and ironically they come here and get their 2 to 10 posts in and disappear.

Gotta love all the "I have no horse in the race but"... "I havent been paying attention but"... "I've been lurking for years but now feel the need to speak" etc etc...

And even more cute are the assumptions thrown out and the subsequent edits...

:)

Que?

Points to ponder kikatch:

The one thing I'll point out is that I would never imagine to dismiss a box that I had not tried first or deemed another 'better' without at least trying it first. I'd just go use my tools and not try to lead some sort of online campaign on my choice on the company fan forum for the choice I didn't make... and didn't try.

Of course nobody ever dismissed the POD HD lines without trying them first;-) I don't have to play a zoom to feel confident my II or Ultra or HD are better. I don't have to buy a dumble to know for a fact that it will do a better job at getting a dumble tone than the Axe does. I also don't need to buy a Dumble to know that it will not do as good a job at AC30, Matchless, SLO, JC120, HBE etc etc etc.

I had been a long time Line 6 guy and still have a ton of their. Two things kept me from getting an Axe sooner:

I use variax a ton and the PODS work much better with Vax

I didn't want to be an Axe "snob".

I own 2 Axes and the fact that the OP decided the II wasn't for him and wanted to go the tube route had about as much effect as when Guitar Tiz made a big thing about Line 6 tech being old so he was going to bail and get an Axe. . . .. . . . . ;-)

I own 2 Axes and the fact that the OP decided the II wasn't for him and wanted to go the tube route had about as much effect as when Guitar Tiz made a big thing about Line 6 tech being old so he was going to bail and get an Axe. . . .. . . . . ;-)
That is quite incorrect.

My beef, even to this day, with Line 6 has been their almost non-existant support for the Vetta II, which is one of a few things that drew me to the Axe-FX in the first place. Cliff supports the holy living crap out his products, If it's broke, he does his best to fix it, and is almost always successful.

The Vetta II had broken software, and still does to this day, and in the end they totally abandon and left a whole batch of customers with half assed firmware never to improve.

To be honest, I didn't "bail" on Line 6, they bailed on me, and anyone else that bought a Vetta. I would have kept my Vetta for a backup if they would have, AT THE LEAST, fixed the bugs.

The only other reason I don't still own my Vetta is that I simply wasn't getting what I needed out of it. I could never get the tone I wanted, it lacked in effects, for my taste, and I found I was tweaking it more than I was playing it. I originally figured I'd used the Vetta, and the Axe-FX together, using the Axe-FX as a supplemental effects device, but when they announced they where going to stop supporting it, it went on Craigslist.

Back
Top Bottom