OwnHammer V3 Mix Libraries Now Available!

probably will, they're both in the shopping cart. out of the 3, do you have a favorite?

I too think the EDVH shines the best both the Bogner and the Marshall CB. The new M-25PR-75 is something else too. Looking forward to that one going into the Bogner and experimenting with both of them. I'm not going to be forced which one to like better... rather keep both in my arsenal 'cause in either cab... they're killer.

This is crazy... I'm afraid I have officially become "Ownhammered".

:lol ... new coined term and if that's the case... I guess I got OwnHammered a few years ago from when I bought my first library. Tried/bought 90% (guesstimate) of what's available and always return to OH's stuff.

Kevin,
just curious , did the TV cab get dropped or are there plans to add more speakers ? I'm interested in the PR- 25 -75 in the TV

You guys are funny :) !
So many guys here like the EDVH, I like it too!
What amps do you like to use this one with?
Obviously the 5153 works very well with this speaker...

You guys are funny :) !
So many guys here like the EDVH, I like it too!
What amps do you like to use this one with?
Obviously the 5153 works very well with this speaker...

I've always been more of a Marshall-esque type of guy and my go to amp sims have always been the Cameron and the HBE. Since v.17.04 I've fallen head over heals with the "Brit Super" and since v.18.00 public beta I've rediscovered the BE again. I've listened to a couple clips of the redone JCM800 and will be revisiting that one and the other renditions of that amp as well... 18.01 does curb stomps all day long!

Any of these amps rock with the EDVH Jon!

As far as the Brit Super goes, I found dropping 250k-ish a bit, (to me) it transforms into more of a modern day, raging monster... if you like Marshall's, that is. :D

That does it - it's become my signature. :D

Looks good! Put a trade mark on it before Kevin sloganizes it! :lol

Last edited:
Question- if I am converting to ultra-res from the Ultra wave files using the batch converter on cab-lab 3, should I be checking the box to remove empty space before the sound? Sorry if this has been answered already, but 23 pages is a lot to sift through and I didn't see it anywhere.

haffner1 - I've converted countless OH UltraRes IRs with CabLab 3 already, and didn't need to use any of the extra options. Worked just fine.

Kevin my friend really looking forward to your non-4x12 libraries - I still use and love your studio mix 112 i many of my presets.
I really look forward to the 1x12, 2x10 and 4x10.

BTW had the same "I know RB is using the Real Komet" experience at another studio last week - your new stuff is killing them out here - love it

Honestly I am more excited than I have been in a long time for sampling the smaller cabs, I have some cool ideas that I think are gonna sound awesome. Really looking forward to really attacking these after the last couple of 4x12 libraries are done in the next few days and I set those back breakers aside for a while.

Loved the first time you told me about that studio experience, super awesome that it keeps repeating itself!!! :D

Definitely getting the g12m25PR, sweet. any plans for a v3 black back g12H-55hz in the marsh cab?

Yup, did that one and the M-BB-55 today. Both are on the site now. :)

can someone explain to me the difference between IR's that are 8ohm vs 16ohm? I see OH V3 offering includes V30's and T75's but the ohm thing is unclear to me

The 16 ohm speakers can sound like they have more going on in the upper mids/highs. Depending on the speaker and what one is putting through them, this can either work for or against you. To say all 16 ohm speakers are bright would be incorrect, but to say they are brighter than their 8 ohm counterpart would likely be accurate in most cases.

This is crazy... I'm afraid I have officially become "Ownhammered". It became poignantly clear when I realized I already have over 1000 cab IR variations to play with. :shock That's from just grabbing a healthy handful of V3's, the Legacy Vintage package (tons in there, BTW). There's so many... I've settled on experimenting with the UltraRes MIX versions first and then briefly demoing the MIC variants (some great ones in there too).

AxeFX II + UltraRes IRs (mostly OH's) = the most fun I've had jammin' and experimenting with all these tones - ever.

LOL, nice! :lol What is funny is somebody getting "OwnHammered" was actually the inception of the word OwnHammer that I used as my moniker for all the years that followed. Super glad I can help brighten some time in your day with these files, that's what it's all about! :)

Kevin,
just curious , did the TV cab get dropped or are there plans to add more speakers ? I'm interested in the PR- 25 -75 in the TV

So far everything I've sampled I own, so the TV cab is still here, I just have so much stuff it is hard to stay sitting on one cab for too long. Right now is scramble mode, where I am just going as fast as I can to work laterally as much as possible. Once a base is established, I can work on sitting one cab up and just pummeling it with speakers until I effectively "finish" it. I'm not there just yet though, but looking forward to when I am! :lol

just bought a BUNCH of cab's so Kevin I'm putting in my request for the H-BB-55 in the TV & CB cab's. Please?

The V30's and other "greenback" types are definitely on the top of the list when I pull the TV cab back up. I'll see if once I get in a rhythm with the smaller cabs if I can't pull that one up for intermittent speakers as out of all the cabs I think that one is missing a big chunk of content in what it would do great at.

Question- if I am converting to ultra-res from the Ultra wave files using the batch converter on cab-lab 3, should I be checking the box to remove empty space before the sound? Sorry if this has been answered already, but 23 pages is a lot to sift through and I didn't see it anywhere.

No, no no no no no no. :) Please don't do any cutting of information at the beginning of the OH V3 IR's, lest you want to go back to the stone age of V1. The silence at the beginning is as far as you can get without messing up the sound. It may not look like useful information in there, but it is. Don't chop the heads off these, just convert them, MPT'ing them is just fine, but don't do any file head trimming, you'll wish you hadn't. :)

Just in case it gets buried, I finally got around to recording something with my Axe-Fx tonight, even though I'm still on FW 17.00. Some of you guys may dig it:

Ballad of John Hammer

Just bought the 4.12 Org v3 Edvh and pr20
Can t recommand enought for blues to hard rock tones
Congrats kevin !

The Bogner ALN -SLV mix is my "go to" clean amp speaker

For ages now I've been searching for that perfect clean speaker. Not too bright but still articulate and punchy.
Sounds like an easy search but its been a long holy grail for me.
The other night I loaded up the 412-GTR_BOG-ST_ALN-SLV_V3-Mix and boom!!! love at first listen. It was so good - i didn't bother with any other of the options in the pack.
Sounds perfect with The Band Commander, Blackface and even the Vox amps in the fractal.
Im a big fan of the Kraut Rock band Neu! and recently found out their guitarist Michael Rother used alnico speakers.
Now if i could just get over my Ownhammer G12H addiction….

thanks Kevin

JJ

For ages now I've been searching for that perfect clean speaker. Not too bright but still articulate and punchy.
Sounds like an easy search but its been a long holy grail for me.
The other night I loaded up the 412-GTR_BOG-ST_ALN-SLV_V3-Mix and boom!!! love at first listen. It was so good - i didn't bother with any other of the options in the pack.
Sounds perfect with The Band Commander, Blackface and even the Vox amps in the fractal.
Im a big fan of the Kraut Rock band Neu! and recently found out their guitarist Michael Rother used alnico speakers.
Now if i could just get over my Ownhammer G12H addiction….

thanks Kevin

JJ

Alnico Silver in the Deluxe Mix 1x12 has been a clean tone staple for me.

Thanks guys, really happy to hear that these continue to be a source of enjoyment for so many folks! :)
are you kidding ? this is slowly turning into a new Pokemon collecting craze :) ! the addition of the BlackBacks to the Marshall Checkerboard was like X-mas in March. that's how exciting and enjoyable it is :) !

are you kidding ? this is slowly turning into a new Pokemon collecting craze :) ! the addition of the BlackBacks to the Marshall Checkerboard was like X-mas in March. that's how exciting and enjoyable it is :) !

If it's the one you purchased, did you have the opportunity to compare the V3 M-BB-55 with the same speaker in the MAR-CB MIX Vintage Speaker Collection ? (It looks like it's the same cab so I'm curious about the difference )
Thxs !

If it's the one you purchased, did you have the opportunity to compare the V3 M-BB-55 with the same speaker in the MAR-CB MIX Vintage Speaker Collection ? (It looks like it's the same cab so I'm curious about the difference )
Thxs !
yes, I've used that speaker before (in the Studio collection), liked it but prefer the new V3 one. the whole V3 concept sounds more open and lively, at least to my ears. eventhough it's the same speaker and cab, there is a noticeable difference to the positive. obviously Kevin refined his cab micing techniques since the Studio Mix Libraries and it shows. having more mic position options in V3 comes in very handy as well. you won't find yourself stuck in a situation where you say I like that speaker, I just wished it wasn't sampled so dark or bright...

Good to know thank you. I also like the 412 M BB 55 from the Studio mix version very much.
I bought the 4 studio mix libraries some time ago and a dozen of the new V3 mixes as well. The new ones are indeed awesome. I was just hesitant to buy "again" some cab/speaker combinaison I have but now I'm less.

A lot of folks, myself included, love that checkerboard Marshall cab to pieces. I typically refrain from posting full shots of gear with the logos visible in full on the website in the store for various reasons, but today I recorded a quick clip with that cab and my current personal favorite speaker for the more rock to modern rock side of things and took a picture to go with it for a Facebook post. Despite just being on a nothing special cell phone camera with no lighting rigged (just the lights in the room flipped on), the picture actually came out half way decent. For those who may be curious to see what that cab looks like in a more full form, here you go:

XPL_MAR-CB_LYN-BK.jpg

And here was the clip using the gear in the picture, fwiw:

Guitar is an '85 Gibson Explorer "Custom Shop XPL", but with the Kahler filled in and a stop bar tail piece instead, and the original Dirty Fingers swapped out for a 490R/498T.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom