OwnHammer V3 Mix Libraries Now Available!

ownhammer

Power User
Vendor
Hello Everyone,

I am ELATED to introduce the new V3 Mix Libraries! My initial offering I have put together in the last few weeks is a jaw breaker - 53 commercial libraries and 1 freebie:

Commercial:
OwnHammer V3 Mix Libraries

Free:
412-GTR MAR-RI V30-EN-16 V3 MIX

The freebie will help give an idea of the presentation and features, of which there are some new ones this time around! This project is the culmination of everything built by the Studio Mix, Essentials, Player Packs (an unreleased project I started in January of 2014 but never worked out a good way to productize), and Vectors. Individual mics are provided, as are mix files with varying sonic objectives. Among the new features are the "Raw" mix files, where the files are mixed with the natural and imperfect time and phase relationship of the mics on the cabinet rather than after being time and phase aligned perfectly. Those perfectly coherent mixes are there as well, in the form of the "Precise" mixes. In addition to these, a singular file dubbed "MIX" (clever, huh?) is there as a way to simplify things further if the recipe works for your tonal aesthetic.

When creating these libraries, this is the first time that I used my Axe-Fx II exclusively for play testing and voicing the files. In the past I always used my tube rig, but, I am finding that after FW 17 I am rarely if ever firing that up. In this way, these files have a body and resonance that was not possible before when assembling brighter configurations to counter darker sources. A couple of the beta tester guys have already posted clips in the recording section, here they are if you missed them:

The voicing is serving of all gain structures and tones, these are not just high gain, mid gain, low gain, etc. Some very cool new techniques have been employed here, and will be immediately evident in touch, feel, and resonance.

At the current time I own approximately 60 different kinds of speakers and 20 cabinets. Multiply those together, and you will see that over the next couple of years the permutations will equate the OwnHammer V3 Mix Libraries project to the cataloging of a varitable, massive, and definitive guitar tone encyclopedia. I would not charge myself with such a monolithic undertaking if I were not confident that this were my best work to date, and as I do gladly accept this task I feel that it speaks of the quality standard these libraries set. While this initial offering may seem verbose, it truly is just the tip of the iceburg!

Hope you guys dig 'em! :)

Last edited:
I can really vouch for these IR's.
I had some time yesterday to play around with them and you simply can't go wrong.
Every IR I tried sounds really good so it's really easy to use.
I want to find some time this week to make a comparison clip for all the V30's that are available!

I have to admit I'm a little overwhelmed at the Mesa choices ... Are any of the V30 IRs going to be the same as ones I've already got or will I have to start again?

I have to admit I'm a little overwhelmed at the Mesa choices ... Are any of the V30 IRs going to be the same as ones I've already got or will I have to start again?

They will sound different but I think a LOT better!!
Every single V30 has it's own flavour but the EN-OG is a good one to start with.
For now I've been using the RMDR files, they seem to have a bit more 'roar' than the PMDR ones.
I usually pick one somwhere between 02 and 05 but they all sound great.
Don't worry man, choosing some great IR's won't be hard and the choices aren't overwhelming in the packs.

awesome to see these being released !
the new Raw Mixes should really please a lot of people looking for a quick tone solution. like I said in another post, these V3 IRs just simply work !

Can anyone characterize the difference between the G12M-65 and G12H-75 Creambacks?
they do sound different. can't recall exactly which one, but one was brighter than the other. I really dig Creambacks and ended up liking them both for different amps and applications...

It seems to me that each subsequent release of 3rd party IRs that I have sampled from Andy, CK, and Kevin, represents sonic evolution matching Cliff's constant epiphanies....but Kevin, these are REALLY beautiful....and NOT just for high gain fans to be sure.

I had a opportunity to mess around with the Mesa V30's (different models) and the T75 8 Ohm before release and was super easy to find a favorable IR to drop-n-go. I didn't mind the Vectors to appease my impulse to tweak but this library still affords me to do at good extents if I choose to do so. Stellar job once again Kevin.

Whats the difference in sound between Mesa 412 EN 08 and 412 EN 16?
If I have Mesa cab loaded with two V30 16 ohm speakers in parallel (cab is 8 ohm) is than 412 EN 16 equivalent?

Which cab/speaker combo will your recomend for a 5150 higain sounds, schecter 7 string guitar, G# drop (metal progressive/djent)?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom