OwnHammer V3 Mix Libraries Now Available!

Got my CabLab 3 goin today. Soooooo many options... wow. If you can't find the tones you want with Fractal + OH, you never will.

Great work, man.

So I just gave the new Mills V30-EN-16 and V30-EN16M IR's a try and boy..... these sound really really nice!
I thought it couldn't get any better than the Orange, but this one is a very serious contender!
Especially great for (modern) rock er metal but I bet this thing works amazingly well with every genre you throw at it!

Downrazor11, all things considered that is a HUGE compliment, thanks very much!!! :D

It has been asked many times in this thread, and a bazillion times in email, Facebook, etc recently as well as years past. Up now in the V3 Mix Libraries -> 412-GTR MAR-CB section is the "M-PR25-75", aka the 25-watt 75-Hz pre-Rola G12M "greenbacks". I don't think I've had more requests for anything than I have had this cab/speaker combo, and now I finally have them in my possession. Everyone wanting my take on factory cab #38 (this is how a lot of the emails have been worded), there you go. :)

"What does it sound like?" is always the second question... In limited play time/sources, kind of similar actually to the Lynchback in that same cab, but more raw sounding with a more vintage character.

The EDVH is also now up in that cab as well. Swass, oh swass, you listening? Can you smell it? :lol

This is funny... Went to record me playing Them Bones, just plugged into my favorite 2 gain stage dirty chain, was only gonna play one guitar part so didn't track to a metronome, just laid it down. Then I thought "hmmm, I'd like to double track that". Yeah, didn't align perfectly on every part in the 2 minutes I dedicated to this (gotta put the kids to bed), but, here ya go.

M-PR25-75:

LYN-BK:

Those pre-Rola 75-Hz G12M's are pretty cool. Never been a fan til now (no offense to anyone who has sampled them before, just wasn't for me I guess), but, glad I finally picked them up and can definitely see myself using the 20 and 25 watters a LOT. :)

Definitely getting the g12m25PR, sweet. any plans for a v3 black back g12H-55hz in the marsh cab?

Last edited:
Man...the M-PR25-75 in the Checkerboard Marshall is just awesome. I should be sleeping, but I can't stop playing this cab with the new Cameron and Atomica amps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man...the M-PR25-75 in the Checkerboard Marshall is just awesome. I should be sleeping, but I can't stop playing this cab with the new Cameron and Atomica amps.

Dude your wife is going to kick your ass if you never go to bed lol I speak from experience. So many great cab IRs in the OH v3 that plus this new firmware and I just can't stop playing.

Dude your wife is going to kick your ass if you never go to bed lol

Hahaha! Very true. I was working on patches for the upcoming tour, then down the Fractal rabbit hole I went. She doesn't mind if I come to bed late, as long as I'm working. Playing Failure and Jimmy Eat World riffs is considered work...right?

Hey if you can pass that off as work brother more power to you. I used the same excuse last night only it was the intro to alive by Pearl Jam and part of Everlong by the Foo Fighters. But that only bought me so much time before I got the stink eye lol I should have played some Live she loves those guys may bought myself a few more minutes.

can someone explain to me the difference between IR's that are 8ohm vs 16ohm? I see OH V3 offering includes V30's and T75's but the ohm thing is unclear to me

Typically, (and what I've found in the virtual and real world alike) is that the 8 Ohm versions are not as bright as the 16's.

Same thing happened to me. Up late with the EDHV and the M-25PR, slept in for work and woke up a bit of an ornery dick... thanks Kevin! :D

(edit): my serious compliments to the chef. Outstanding Kevin on both additions.:encouragement:

Last edited:
you guys that got the EDVH, which cab do you prefer, and for what style (classic or modern); the CB or the BOG?

Typically, (and what I've found in the virtual and real world alike) is that the 8 Ohm versions are not as bright as the 16's.

Same observation for me although the MB 8 Ohms are brighter than other 8 ohm variants. I prefer the EN-08 the best but I guess I lean a little darker because most if not all of my guitars lean on the brighter side given the pickups and pots that are in them. FWIW, when I'm looking for a more vintage rock tone with my Plexi amps, I run the gain around 4-5 and use the the Pre Rola M speakers because they smooth out the high end. These two speakers (the EN-08 and M-PRs) in just about any cab are my go tos for vintage and modern rock tones. I've also been digging the LYNCHB speakers to bridge the gap between those two tones. The cabs basically become character and bass content control.

This is crazy... I'm afraid I have officially become "Ownhammered". It became poignantly clear when I realized I already have over 1000 cab IR variations to play with. :shock That's from just grabbing a healthy handful of V3's, the Legacy Vintage package (tons in there, BTW). There's so many... I've settled on experimenting with the UltraRes MIX versions first and then briefly demoing the MIC variants (some great ones in there too).

AxeFX II + UltraRes IRs (mostly OH's) = the most fun I've had jammin' and experimenting with all these tones - ever.

probably will, they're both in the shopping cart. out of the 3, do you have a favorite?
Not yet. Haven't spent enough time with them all to pick a favorite (perhaps leaning toward the Bogner cab). I think the character of the speaker shines in everything I've tried thus far.

Back
Top Bottom