OwnHammer V3 Mix Libraries Now Available!

Shhhhhhh... **whispers** If you can live with the fact that it's 5 a.m. here and I need to call it a day, all I have left to do is take 11 pictures and upload them tomorrow (which has no effect on the libraries themselves), then put the links in the main menu and make the announcement via Facebook and email blast, the completed production libraries for the Orange cab are now active AT THIS LINK HERE. ;)

The EDVH speaker!!

excited.gif

Already have 3 1x12's, 2 2x12's, 1 2x10, and 4 4x10's already sitting here waiting for me. :) Almost 70 different kinds of 12 inch guitar speakers, and about ten 10" types, including original/vintage 60's P10R's (Bassman), 60's C10R's (Super Reverb), etc, etc, etc. You guys think you have too many choices, I have ten times as much of things staring me in the face I haven't sampled yet, haha. :D

Holy hell that's a lotta speakers!

I don't know whom my wife is going to hate more: you for selling me this crack, or me for smoking it.

Last edited:
Thank God I'm a limited player that only require a handful of tones... or I'd be in trouble with some major indecisiveness going down. :D

You guys think you have too many choices, I have ten times as much of things staring me in the face I haven't sampled yet, haha. :D
there's no such thing as too many choices, just catering for different tastes and needs. any one not knowing what to go for, I'd highly recommend to do some speaker listening and research on YT and even the speaker companies' websites. pretty much any speaker has been demoed in at least some shape or form (sometimes even in comparison to others) and that should give a rough idea what each speaker sounds like and if it suits the taste...

The EDVH speaker!!

excited.gif

Lol, I have not seen that gif before, been laughing at that all day. :lol

Holy hell that's a lotta speakers!

I don't know whom my wife is going to hate more: you for selling me this crack, or me for smoking it.

f8f72df0dc10f1b6914aebd12c80b5f5.jpg

there's no such thing as too many choices, just catering for different tastes and needs. any one not knowing what to go for, I'd highly recommend to do some speaker listening and research on YT and even the speaker companies' websites. pretty much any speaker has been demoed in at least some shape or form (sometimes even in comparison to others) and that should give a rough idea what each speaker sounds like and if it suits the taste...

Couldn't agree a million times more. With YouTube, TheGearPage, hell... Google, my inbox should be empty. Please, make it be empty? :lol

THIS excites me!

After I wheeled the Orange off the throne today, I put up a stained pine and flame maple 2x10 cab with vintage Jensen C10Q's (I am not an SRV expert, honestly I know little, but I think that in a Vibrolux was his thing?), and stuck an SM57 on it at position 5, shot an IR. Here is that (first half of clip), then the SM57 position 5 from the P12R in the Orange (second half of clip):

I hit some funky high pitch harmonic half way through, sorry if that breaks any glass. Looking forward to how that cab (and all my other small stuff) will sound with all the mics, including all the aux captures (ambient, floor, rear, room). Color me excited too. :)

After I wheeled the Orange off the throne today, I put up a stained pine and flame maple 2x10 cab with vintage Jensen C10Q's (I am not an SRV expert, honestly I know little, but I think that in a Vibrolux was his thing?), and stuck an SM57 on it at position 5, shot an IR. Here is that (first half of clip), then the SM57 position 5 from the P12R in the Orange (second half of clip):

I hit some funky high pitch harmonic half way through, sorry if that breaks any glass. Looking forward to how that cab (and all my other small stuff) will sound with all the mics, including all the aux captures (ambient, floor, rear, room). Color me excited too. :)

Woah! Great comparison clip!!

Terry.

Sigh... picked up ... 12 of the new V3 cab packs (including 4 of the new Orange based ones). :roll

Unfortunately, I'm stuck on converting the UltraRes IRs until Fractal sends me an iLok key for CabLab 3. :( :( :( Guess I can play with the normal hi res versions in the meantime.

Kevin,

Any chance you might have a sweet EV-L 12" that you might have on your list for the 1 x 12" coming up? That's what I have in my Mark IIC, and I've always enjoyed it's overall structure with the Boogie feeding it. Thanks in advance,

Lee

Terry - Thanks!

kewlpack - Thanks! I know of several people who still prefer using the Hi-Res files over Ultra-Res, so hopefully those can suffice in the interim. :)

is9582 - I have 3 different kinds of EV's I'll be getting into my 1x12 Thiele cab eventually (12L, 12S, SRO), not sure on time tables right now for anything, but won't be too terribly far off.

Terry - Thanks!

kewlpack - Thanks! I know of several people who still prefer using the Hi-Res files over Ultra-Res, so hopefully those can suffice in the interim. :)

is9582 - I have 3 different kinds of EV's I'll be getting into my 1x12 Thiele cab eventually (12L, 12S, SRO), not sure on time tables right now for anything, but won't be too terribly far off.

will you also be doing the 1x12 you used for the 1x12 vintage libraries?

Yep, all my cabs in time, and then some (some very generous friends have offered tons of speakers and cabs to borrow for this endeavor). I haven't put anything in it yet, but I have the 1x12 from the Studio Mix libraries in here on deck:

small-cabs-01.jpg

Don't know why, phone kind of did sort of a fish eye thing. The pic makes the 1x12 look bigger than it actually is in direct comparison to the 2x10...

I bought last night 2 speakers with the Orange box - the M-PR20-75 and the EDVH - here my thanks to Swass for recomendation of the EDVH speaker - both of them sound bloody great. I tried them today at bedroom level on tuesday I'm at the rehearsal studio and give it a loud bash...awesome Kevin...:eagerness:

Already have 3 1x12's, 2 2x12's, 1 2x10, and 4 4x10's already sitting here waiting for me. :) Almost 70 different kinds of 12 inch guitar speakers, and about ten 10" types, including original/vintage 60's P10R's (Bassman), 60's C10R's (Super Reverb), etc, etc, etc. You guys think you have too many choices, I have ten times as much of things staring me in the face I haven't sampled yet, haha. :D

Kevin my friend really looking forward to your non-4x12 libraries - I still use and love your studio mix 112 i many of my presets.
I really look forward to the 1x12, 2x10 and 4x10.

BTW had the same "I know RB is using the Real Komet" experience at another studio last week - your new stuff is killing them out here - love it

Lol, I have not seen that gif before, been laughing at that all day. :lol

It's the little, tiny hands flapping around that put that gif over the top for me. :lol

I bought last night 2 speakers with the Orange box - the M-PR20-75 and the EDVH - here my thanks to Swass for recomendation of the EDVH speaker - both of them sound bloody great. I tried them today at bedroom level on tuesday I'm at the rehearsal studio and give it a loud bash...awesome Kevin...:eagerness:

I don't want to be a "crack pusher" :roll:lol... but have you got the EDVH in the Bogner. That is the shit. Any greenback (or flavor/type thereof) in that cab or the Marshall Checkerboard... is nothing short of tonal bliss for me.

The cool thing about the EDVH... DO NOT sell this thing short! Amazing for ANY genre. Clean, dirty/gritty bluesier to classic rock right up to djent. However the Mesa cab character with the EDVH would probably find more favor for the really heavy stuff but the Bogner still delivers quite handily.

Some otherr very cool speakers that I tried and am becoming very fond of are the GC-12 in the Bogner and the M-PR20-75 in either of the cabs.

Now if we can only get Kevin to drop that EDVH in the Marshall CB for sampling... :lol

Last edited:
It's the little, tiny hands flapping around that put that gif over the top for me. :lol

I don't want to be a "crack pusher" :roll:lol... but have you got the EDVH in the Bogner. That is the shit. Any greenback (or flavor/type thereof) in that cab or the Marshall Checkerboard... is nothing short of tonal bliss for me.

The cool thing about the EDVH... DO NOT sell this thing short! Amazing for ANY genre. Clean, dirty/gritty bluesier to classic rock right up to djent. However the Mesa cab character with the EDVH would probably find more favor for the really heavy stuff but the Bogner still delivers quite handily.

Some otherr very cool speakers that I tried and am becoming very fond of are the GC-12 in the Bogner and the M-PR20-75 in either of the cabs.

Now if we can only get Kevin to drop that EDVH in the Marshall CB for sampling... :lol

Yeah swass, I've got over a week now the EDVH in the Bogner and Marshall TV cab...yes and I#ve got GC-12 and M-PR20-75 again Bogner and Marshall.....I've got lots of them and I have to be very carefull to get the right mix in my humble 100 user cab slots :eagerness:

Back
Top Bottom