OwnHammer V3 Mix Libraries Now Available!

Now that photo is nothing short of sexy. Good call on the stop tailpeice on the Gibson. I had a couple of the Mesa Studio's and a Mesa Quad as well before I got "Axed". Best sounding preamps I've ever owned. Killer preamps. Great sounding clip Kevin. :encouragement:

Last edited:
N/A. As such, signal chain after the guitar is listed in the picture description HERE. In Axe-Fx world, the circuit used is closest to the "USA IIC+ Bright".

The IR used was the Raw-Modern-05 from the 412-GTR MAR-CB LYN-BK V3 Mix library.

I'll have to give USA IIC+ Bright and Lynchback a whirl. I've been fixated on the Marshall side of the fence for a long time now and this combo looks like a nice contrast.

I do have an old Mesa Quad sitting on the shelf downstairs. Should pull it out again someday! :)

Terry.

I'll have to give USA IIC+ Bright and Lynchback a whirl. I've been fixated on the Marshall side of the fence for a long time now and this combo looks like a nice contrast.

I do have an old Mesa Quad sitting on the shelf downstairs. Should pull it out again someday! :)

Terry.

Gave this combo a quick whirl yesterday and I'm impressed. Looking forward to diggin in deep.

Just FYI, this is happening soon...

410-BASS_AMP-SV.jpg

I mentioned this in another thread, but I will be doing Vectors first, Mix later. Not sure on the what, when; just gonna wing it. Lots and lots and lots of stuff going on right now over here. The next couple months should be really cool, and very fresh compared to the last couple, to those who are following this stuff. :)

That Orange M-PR20-75 sounds great, might be my new favorite IR. Which Mills IR would you recommend for a Muse sound? Apparently they were using that cab live and in the studio before they went digital.

That Orange M-PR20-75 sounds great, might be my new favorite IR. Which Mills IR would you recommend for a Muse sound? Apparently they were using that cab live and in the studio before they went digital.

I'd say the V30-EN-08 or V30-EN-8M as I don't see Muse's guitar sound as being death metal bright. That speaker is fantastically versatile, and a massive customer and personal favorite. :)

Side note. My friend Justin York just shot me a sound clip using IR's in beta now that about took my face clean off. Make sure you turn the little volume controller up on the embedded forum mp3 player there on the left, because this straight up KILLS!!!

This is using a single IR (nope, not a mix, just a single M88 file) from the "410-BASS AMP-SV" cab (upcoming very soon) for the bass, and a mix IR from the upcoming "214-GTR" series for the guitars. No, that is not a typo, its something new and extremely cool, if I am allowed to say so.

Bass amp and guitar amps were Axe-Fx II, firmware 18.xx.

Thanks a million to Justin for this killer clippage!!! :)

WOW! Massive! Very, very nice clip Justin... Kevin you've gotten enough compliments on your IR's so I don't need to say anything here. Justin said it all. :lol ... but thanks for posting it Kevin! :D

Yeah, Justin really knocked it out of the park with that clip, very talented lad there. :)

Honestly super excited about the bass stuff as well the combo sized cab stuff I've been working on this week. Both are actually exceeding expectations, and with the V3 "stuff" going on under the hood I wasn't expecting them to sound bad. :eagerness:

Side note. My friend Justin York just shot me a sound clip using IR's in beta now that about took my face clean off. Make sure you turn the little volume controller up on the embedded forum mp3 player there on the left, because this straight up KILLS!!!

This is using a single IR (nope, not a mix, just a single M88 file) from the "410-BASS AMP-SV" cab (upcoming very soon) for the bass, and a mix IR from the upcoming "214-GTR" series for the guitars. No, that is not a typo, its something new and extremely cool, if I am allowed to say so.

Very nice guys!!

Yeah, Justin really knocked it out of the park with that clip, very talented lad there. :)

Honestly super excited about the bass stuff as well the combo sized cab stuff I've been working on this week. Both are actually exceeding expectations, and with the V3 "stuff" going on under the hood I wasn't expecting them to sound bad. :eagerness:

Hey Kevin, I have a quick question about your capturing, volume wise. I live in an apartment and I am going to start capturing some IR's of my own, curious if doing it at low volumes is going to work against me, or not. I'm guessing I can always increase the input to the AXE Fx, but wondering if a lot of the IR capture has to do with speaker breakup at high volumes or anything. Just curious of your input, or anyone else's, on this. Thanks!

Justin rocked it. I am so looking forward to these ir's. This is very inspiring.

As you know Kevin, I really loved the stuff you did with the Sunn ir's too... which is extremely great for bass. I will have to record a clip soon.

Hey Kevin, I have a quick question about your capturing, volume wise. I live in an apartment and I am going to start capturing some IR's of my own, curious if doing it at low volumes is going to work against me, or not. I'm guessing I can always increase the input to the AXE Fx, but wondering if a lot of the IR capture has to do with speaker breakup at high volumes or anything. Just curious of your input, or anyone else's, on this. Thanks!

I've gone through and found a volume level where I like the way everything falls into place. If in the room with the cab running those sweeps, I have to wear firearm hearing protection to make sure I am not damaging my ears. It is not, however, 'bring the walls down' loud, as if you reach the point of mechanical failure of the speakers (farting, hissing/whining), they sound like crap and so do the captures. To this end, underneath physically damaging volume levels, contrary to popular belief speakers do not "distort", at least not running frequency stimulus material through them. Those elements are attributable to the power amp (tubes and transformers), microphone transducer element, and mic amplifier (preamp). To anyone wanting to debate this, just putting it out there now - respectfully, I won't participate. :) I've done the tests, and IIRC there is a market famous physicist who is also of the same conviction. To this end, getting your speakers/cab to sound good at lower volumes is perfectly doable, you just won't be driving your amp, mic, or mic preamp, which is also just fine as well, and could actually be of benefit depending on the gear you are using. At that, the differences are pretty subtle at the most. One thing of note though, bass travels and your room is a resonance chamber, it may not seem loud to you in the room with the cab, but in an adjacent room it's going to be noticeable, so make sure if you do this that it is done within the hours permissible by your local noise ordinance.

Justin rocked it. I am so looking forward to these ir's. This is very inspiring.

As you know Kevin, I really loved the stuff you did with the Sunn ir's too... which is extremely great for bass. I will have to record a clip soon.

I still need to try this Sunn cab for bass. Maybe will do that tonight! :)

What's this little "EWH" speaker you've sneaked in under our noses Kevin? :p

A library inspired and heavily influenced by my friend Eric of The Blue Room Recording Studio, you would know him here by his handle of "erockomania". He convinced me that picking up a vintage MD441 was a good idea, and so I did, and it was!

10403645_848299098542215_3048099581191948143_n.jpg

Here is an early rough mix he put together using it:

Announced it on FB on March 24th. You should like the page if you haven't and hopefully FB will let the posts into your feed! I'm gonna be taking a break from forum stuff soon and for a while, so, it would be a good way to keep up to date. The same stuff is replicated on the News page via the FB widget as well. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom