Now available: The cabir.eu OR-4X12 IR-Library (based on a Orange 4x12 from 1971)

Guys! you don`t know, how cool it is, listen to your clips, knowing to be a little part of it! Thanks so much!!!!

I really need to make presets with that cab, I will asap :) I didn't play guitar a lot these last weeks, save for a few rehearsals/gigs, and really want to get back to it
Don`t stress yourself Mr. preset-routing god :) But, well ... i`m curious, what you will bring on the table ... that`s for sure :)

This is what I have used for my Orange Mixes :
View attachment 29234

:D well ... now, i understand :D ... seems, these have enough vitamin "S", like SOUND in it ... haha ... ;)

Here's a preset, it uses this mix in Cab-Lab 3 : my "T" mix at 0, my "I" mix at -4 (I don't have the exact names, as I didn't download the final version yet)

http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=3949

I inquest it: 04 must be your I mix, 05 your T Mix ;)

signature-mixes.png

Last edited:
I inquest it: 04 must be your I mix, 05 your T Mix ;)

Markus are you shure about this? I would have thoiught it's the other way round, as 04 is sounding louder more fat and I did mixed two versions - one as you said and one as Iwould think it is and I prefer with this preset the second version and this one also sounds to me more what Fremen creates on cab mixes.

Edit: sorry after a few test playing at bedroom level, the first mix, as you said sounds now better to me. Both sound great, the second mix seems a little bit darker

Well, hey, it seems to be working for you, so go for it!

NOOB ALERT!!!

Ok i purchased the : cabIR.eu_OR-4x12_Speaker_Cab_Impulse-Responses, yet i'm not sure what i'm missing, as none of the manuals have the info i need to convert or use the cabs. I don't know how to make / convert them into IR files to use with the Axe FX 2 XL+ unit. lol All the files are WAV files. Can someone enlighten me on how to set these up for usage

thanks a lot

NOOB ALERT!!!

Ok i purchased the : cabIR.eu_OR-4x12_Speaker_Cab_Impulse-Responses, yet i'm not sure what i'm missing, as none of the manuals have the info i need to convert or use the cabs. I don't know how to make / convert them into IR files to use with the Axe FX 2 XL+ unit. lol All the files are WAV files. Can someone enlighten me on how to set these up for usage

thanks a lot

Hi nznat,

well, the product site say it?!:
Offered in 5 digital resolutions, exclusive in .wav-Format with 2 different sample-length each - for maximum platform compatibility:

Offered IR-Formats
500 ms | 44.1 kHz-16 bit | wav 170 ms | 44.1kHz-16bit | wav
500 ms | 44.1 kHz-24 bit | wav 170 ms | 44.1kHz-24bit | wav
500 ms | 48 kHz-16 bit | wav 170 ms | 48kHz-16bit | wav
500 ms | 48 kHz-24 bit | wav 170 ms | 48kHz-24bit | wav
500 ms | 96 kHz-24 bit | wav 170 ms | 96kHz-24bit | wav
Usually IRs have to be converted into a specific proprietary format suitable for the used hardware modeling device. In most cases the producers of the modeling devices usually provide the proper conversion tools. For further informations, please have a look HERE.

Did you read the http://www.cabir.eu/_docs/cabIR.eu_pro-ir-series_IR-formats_READ-ME-FIRST-BEFORE-DOWNLOAD_en.pdf ?

For the Axe-Fx II:
- Take the 48kHz / 24bit ZIP file, unpack it (170ms is prepared for Ultra-Res)
- In Cab-Lab lite, you can convert: 1) Choose the tool WAV2SYX. 2) Select Ultra-Res (i recommend minimal phase and auto-trim to leave unchecked!) 3) Choose the "root" folder / main folder of the Cab-Pack. 4) Click "CONVERT". DONE.

Hope this helps :) Thanks for supporting the Pack! Hoepfully, you like it, as we do :)

Here is an sample of just the guitar, amp and cab on its own. No fx used and with the 2 Ambient IR's left + right it gives this nice short room sound. I used my MAR 1959'SLP Jump for that and it's sound reminded me on ACDC (I know i should use less gain) and did some fiddling with ACDC's "Highway To Hell"

Here is an sample of just the guitar, amp and cab on its own. No fx used and with the 2 Ambient IR's left + right it gives this nice short room sound. I used my MAR 1959'SLP Jump for that and it's sound reminded me on ACDC (I know i should use less gain) and did some fiddling with ACDC's "Highway To Hell"

Tony, is this a "live" recording, miced in you room? Or did you record DI direct into the DAW an set two convolution hosts as insert in the (stereo) chain and used the 500ms versions?

No Markus, I just used Reaper as an taperecorder and used the left and right 170ms converted to UltraRes in a hard panned stereo cab - it was just some fun playing around...

No Markus, I just used Reaper as an taperecorder and used the left and right 170ms converted to UltraRes in a hard panned stereo cab - it was just some fun playing around...
Yeah, but waht did you record exactly? Your Matrix Q12s in your room?! It is not possible to get this amount of room-reverb out of the AMBIENT.-IRs, if used in the Axe-Fx direct to tape!

As example:
This is a Mix, similiar to the AMBIENT IRs (just another, not released Cab): rear mic / two room mics panned left/right and a close mic IR.
1) 500ms hard cut/truncated at 170ms (Ultra-Res length)
2) 170ms reverb tail fade out at 170ms (Ultra-Res lenght)
3) 500ms full .wav played in a comvolution host in the DAW

The same, but without the close mic, just rear and room mics:

Sorry Markus, checked it and there was an Reverb block activ in the grid - I only recorded with Reaper and used both IR's with 170ms as UltraRes. But I tried without Ambient IR and it has not the same Room/Reverb effect.

ahhh, ok Tony ... this makes sense to me ;) But as said: when using the 500ms directly in the DAW with a proper convolution host ... you`ll get the tail, like in my soundcloud examples above (last / third example with 500ms .wav full length).

Back
Top Bottom