Now available: The cabir.eu OR-4X12 IR-Library (based on a Orange 4x12 from 1971)

Yeah it sounds great - I've not tried it yet -. musst do it now after hearing this. Tomorrow a friend is switching my Alnico pu's to Suhr Doug Aldrich pu's to pimp my Black Bitch Les Paul. Maybe we have time for a short clip :D

Just bought these. Where is the best place to start? Where do I find Yeks mixes etc? Just to verify I should use the 48/24bit 170ms files for axe fx?
What Tony said :) ... additionally i can only recommend to read the Manual and IR-format PDFs ... ;) For Axe-Fx: Yes: 48/24 170ms are recommended... the 500ms versions will bring you a tad more "room", but will be truncated hard, when longer than Ultra-Res (170ms), but this would only be mostly audible for the back cabinet and room positions, which will be not that important, as the close mics for sure are...

Cool - which color: black or zebra?

Black. It's wound special to match the single coil Suhr's and wired with the Suhr "super switch" wiring. The 5-way switch splits the humbucker in position 2. And everything is wound RWRP so positions 2 and 4 are hum cancelling.

It has a problem right now. My tech wired in his own treble bleed vs. following the Suhr schematic. I really don't care for it. I need to remove it from the circuit. But the HSS has the same sharkfin maple board Charvel neck that is in my #1. So I still want to invest in it.

@Morphosis I was thinking about the ambient / room IR's.

Have you tried to truncate the beginning of the IR's?

My thoughts were it would be nice to have "tail" of the room in the 170ms window.

Then I could delay that IR by about 3-5ms and blend it with the direct IR's. To get more "room", the tail, of the IR into the shorter time window of the Fractal.

@Morphosis I was thinking about the ambient / room IR's.

Have you tried to truncate the beginning of the IR's?

My thoughts were it would be nice to have "tail" of the room in the 170ms window.

Then I could delay that IR by about 3-5ms and blend it with the direct IR's. To get more "room", the tail, of the IR into the shorter time window of the Fractal.
I know what you mean, but this would not work that way. Did you tried the 500ms versions in your Axe? If not, i recommend it. When you compare both, you will note a difference, also the truncation - audible at least for the room and the back-cabinet positions, but also the close mics will get a touch more "room". Try it!
For more room in the Axe-Fx, you have to use the reverb block or the "early reflections room" from the cab-blocks built in reverb. A combination of the 500ms versions AND a bit additional (pre-delay) algorithm reverb from the Axe-Fx will do the trick better, i am sure...

Straight away on the first clip I thought, Wishbone Ash, and interestingly the first time I saw them in 1971 they were using Orange stacks. I think each guitar used three amps and four 4x12 cabinets, although my mind was a little fuzzy at the time.

That seems like a hint hint Marrafat :D:D:D:D:D

Just to inform customers of the OR-4X12 Cab-Pack:

OR-4X12 Cab-Pack update:
All new "P_ush-resonance-Amp"-voicing! I decided to "soften" the "Thump" factor of the resonance curve of the "P_ush-resonance-Amp"-voicing a bit. So: The "P_ush-resonance-Amp" folders content is all reworked, the rest stays same. If you need, want or just try out the new P-version, please re-download the Cab-Pack from your User-account at http://www.cabIR.eu

-> http://www.cabir.eu/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=11

Thanks for notice :)
Markus

Schecter with S. Duncan Blackouts -> 6160 LD (gain at 7, master at 5, bass, treble, depth at 6, mid and presence at 4) -> mix #3: effortless, fun to play tone! No unwanted abundance of lows or low mids or whatsoever (I'm not so good at separating the frequency regions by ear). So far so good!
I bought these a few days ago, but could try them today. Only the mix #3 ir is worth the money! I'll definitely dig them more and more.
Now I'll buy the triple collection!

Schecter with S. Duncan Blackouts -> 6160 LD (gain at 7, master at 5, bass, treble, depth at 6, mid and presence at 4) -> mix #3: effortless, fun to play tone! No unwanted abundance of lows or low mids or whatsoever (I'm not so good at separating the frequency regions by ear). So far so good!
I bought these a few days ago, but could try them today. Only the mix #3 ir is worth the money! I'll definitely dig them more and more.
Now I'll buy the triple collection!

:) Glad, you like them! But Mix #3? there are some of "Mix #3" . ... Do you mean Anands SIG-3 Mix? Or one of the Speaker or Cab Mixes?

And ... did anybody have some love for the one or other MULTI Mix? From a Speaker or whole Cab? I mean the CAB_M01_MULTI or Speaker A/B/C/D_M01_MULTI -mixes ... ;)

PS.: Man, it`s time for a new Avatar, we are far away from 14.02 ;) hihi ...

Last edited:
:) Glad, you like them! But Mix #3? there are some of "Mix #3" . ... Do you mean Anands SIG-3 Mix? Or one of the Speaker or Cab Mixes?

And ... did anybody have some love for the one or other MULTI Mix? From a Speaker or whole Cab? I mean the CAB_M01_MULTI or Speaker A/B/C/D_M01_MULTI -mixes ... ;)

PS.: Man, it`s time for a new Avatar, we are far away from 14.02 ;) hihi ...

I only could try the signature mixes yet, I meant Anands SIG-3 Mix. It is really nice. I will also try the speaker/cab mixes when possible.

Yes, that is true, I should change the avatar. Waiting for 1.07 for that! :)

I have to agree, Anands Mixes 2 and 3 are really good in my ears. I didn't try them until a few days ago, because I thought I rather create my own mixes and better start with single mics. I don't want to say that this was a mistake, but this short collection of custom mixes done by those two guys shows, what's possible with this pack!

Are there any informations out there how the guys created those mixes? What's the recipe? ;) I'm quite sure at least Anand used IRs with P- or T-voicings. Those are just SO great to have in CabLab!!!

I have to agree, Anands Mixes 2 and 3 are really good in my ears. I didn't try them until a few days ago, because I thought I rather create my own mixes and better start with single mics. I don't want to say that this was a mistake, but this short collection of custom mixes done by those two guys shows, what's possible with this pack!

Are there any informations out there how the guys created those mixes? What's the recipe? ;) I'm quite sure at least Anand used IRs with P- or T-voicings. Those are just SO great to have in CabLab!!!

Fremen (Thibault`s) Mixes are often mixes with up to all three virtual power-amp-voicings. Anand prefered the Idealized-Null-Amp voicing, but mixed, if i remember right, likely all 4 speakers (similiar like the CAB_mixes in the I/P/T folders)... for more details, those two guys hopefully chime in...

It`s really cool, that so many dig the signature mixes from the guys, but don`t miss the Mix-stuff in the other folders too ;)

As Markus said : I used only the 'I' voice :)
To me they sounded most balanced and that was my main goal to have the full sound of all the speakers in the Cabinet....that is how I ended with the 3 mixes and yes : Mix 3 is my Favourite .....very characteristic and balanced from low ends till the highs.

Back
Top Bottom