Now available: The cabir.eu OR-4X12 IR-Library (based on a Orange 4x12 from 1971)

Yes Markus I will try to get 500ms IR's in Reaper - I'm not very good in computer things, but there are some tutorials in YouTube which might help....

I've just listend to your clip - there is quiet a difference in Sound...

I did another try on ACDC sound and used this time The 100W Plexi`59 Treble with less gain and two different IR's. One with SSL-Amp-Voicing and one with Tubeamp-Voicing. To avoid phasing I used them in MPT. Sounds better then my first try and its funny how the guitar tone changes as the bass comes into the mix - its more smooth.....

Yeah, I'll never get used to the way seemingly harsh and trebley guitars get so smooth in the mix with bass and drums. Main reason i totally suck in the art of mixing...

Me too - I'm a noobie in recording at home - usually people in studio do that for me - but I want to do it at home now as well, so I keep on learning and trying...

Question on these IRs. They have 3 positions now (whereas the Marshall 4x12 just had one). Are the positions based on brighter to darker or is it random positioning and each is unique?

Question on these IRs. They have 3 positions now (whereas the Marshall 4x12 just had one). Are the positions based on brighter to darker or is it random positioning and each is unique?

The positions are not selected for "brighter to darker" systematic or something. That said, there IS in fact a positioning system behind the shots 1,2 and 3 to make sure, they will in fact sound (very) unique to eachother, but priority 2. was to take care our " objective sweet spot" method. IOW: If you try 1,2 3 ... from one mic., you actually CAN explore this (a bit) to the other mics ... ! Because we do not trust in measurement tapes...;) No tricks, no Eq, no post processing, so priority 1 was: Capture the thruthness as true, as possible! And keep it true! Mission accomplished ...

Last edited:
I did another try on ACDC sound and used this time The 100W Plexi`59 Treble with less gain and two different IR's. One with SSL-Amp-Voicing and one with Tubeamp-Voicing. To avoid phasing I used them in MPT. Sounds better then my first try and its funny how the guitar tone changes as the bass comes into the mix - its more smooth.....

Sounds great to me! i like :)

Yeah, I have tried the Rockerverb with those IR's already last week, but haven't had a chance to record a snippet - will do those days - You have an very original style of playing barhrecords ;)

@unix-guy JB is big influence on my style for sure. The older I get the less flailing around I do and the more I concentrate on the note decays and phrasing and such.

The FAS reverb block is so stunning. Its the perfect canvas to let notes hang out there and decay. Really something special.

@unix-guy JB is big influence on my style for sure. The older I get the less flailing around I do and the more I concentrate on the note decays and phrasing and such.

The FAS reverb block is so stunning. Its the perfect canvas to let notes hang out there and decay. Really something special.

I was expecting a backing track to come in at first... But then i just started enjoying the note choices and phrasing. Kept my interest!

Back
Top Bottom