Now available: The cabir.eu OR-4X12 IR-Library (based on a Orange 4x12 from 1971)

NEVER .......I already have way TOOOOOOOOOOOOO many options with default settings with all these great Amps...and my preference changes often depending on the firmware / IR.....but it is a very simple correction to be made...just go to another Amp and adjust the volume and ready to go .
So, I never worry about having to program all my presets because even my EFFECTS are often default :)

What can I say ....I am a Default Guy :p

Well, hey, it seems to be working for you, so go for it!

Having caught a bad cold which prevented me from spending Christmas the usual way, i spent the last days sifting through all my numerous irs in order to reorganize my axe unit. What i found was that compared to other packages (which i truly like) this one has far greater differences between the cabs speakers and provides a lot more of different usable sounds -even in the high-gain-area. From this point of view the cabir.eu Orange offers a lot value for the money!!!

I´ll see to do some recordings the next days, but leave for today to have a big glass of JD while thinking of Lemmy!

Ok, so I re-recorded the guitar lines of one of my songs. Originally I used quite a lot of EQ on the guitar tracks, but on this one I left it untouched. There's only a bit of multiband compression in the master bus, which doesn't change the character of the guitars too much.

I used the Angle Severe 1 and the Plexi 100W High on this track with OR-4X12_A_57-M1_I and OR-4X12_A_57-M2_I.mp3 from this cab pack.

Why I didn't create custom mixes? Well to be honest, I was very surprised when I checked out the single mic IRs, that I really like the SM57 here! Usually I hate single mic IRs with this mic, but here my initial thought was, that I have to try those in a recording.

ENJOY

In the beginning of the track I faded between the whole mix and only the guitars, so you get an idea about how the guitar sound in the mix sounds by itself.

And please beware, I'm no pro, this is my first and only recording I've ever done ;)

Last edited:
Ok, so I re-recorded the guitar lines of one of my songs. Originally I used quite a lot of EQ on the guitar tracks, but on this one I left it untouched. There's only a bit of multiband compression in the master bus, which doesn't change the character of the guitars too much.

I used the Angle Severe 1 and the Plexi 100W High on this track with OR-4X12_A_57-M1_I and OR-4X12_A_57-M2_I.mp3 from this cab pack.

Why I didn't create custom mixes? Well to be honest, I was very surprised when I checked out the single mic IRs, that I really like the SM57 here! Usually I hate single mic IRs with this mic, but here my initial thought was, that I have to try those in a recording.

ENJOY

In the beginning of the track I faded between the whole mix and only the guitars, so you get an idea about how the guitar sound in the mix sounds by itself.

And please beware, I'm no pro, this is my first and only recording I've ever done ;)

Sounds really awesome, could be a great Song with vocals!!

The team from cabir.eu proudly presents:

The OR-4X12 IR-Library is based on a 1971' Orange™ 4x12, loaded with Celestion™
G12H30 speakers with the legendary „pulsonic cones“ (Pre-Rola) (also from 1971)

OR-4X12_Header.png

We discovered this cab in a hidden corner of one of the private rehearsal room from Sigi, the owner of the awesome www.marshall-forever.de Museum. So, … this should tell you something ... :)

This awesome cab, with it's massive and heavy construction, sounds fantastic beyond imagination.
Lot's of bottom end, mids that cut through and a brilliant top-end are the main features of this big lady.
And, to be honest, we haven't found a musical style yet, where this cab doesn't shine. From Rock
to Metal, from Country to Jazz, this well balanced cab is a monster!

This first cab-Pack from our “pro IR series” - Library was captured with our „objective sweet spot method“. It offers extremely clean IR's, that can compete with ANY high-quality IR's available.

Here are the main features of the OR-4X12 „pro IR series“ Cab-Pack:
  • 9 different microphones
  • MPT and RAW single-mic IR`s from each of the four speakers of the Cab
  • phase aligned mixes (MPT) and real phase mixes (RAW) of each speaker
  • cabinet mixes
  • multi-mic-mixes
  • ambient mixes
  • „room“ and „back cabinet“ mic-positions
  • signature mixes from Anand Mahangoe and Thibault de Robilard (Fremen)
  • 3 different voicings: Idealized-Null-Amp (known as Mic+DI), Push-Resonanc-Amp and Tube-Amp
The OR-4X12 IR-Library contains 644 unique IR's.

For further informations please take a look into the USER GUIDE.pdf :)

Note: The „pro IR series“ Libraries are available in 10 different wave-formats exclusively. To convert with Cab-Lab into Axe-Fx II format, we recommend the170ms, 48 khz/24 bit IR's, which perfectly addresses the Ultra-Res specifications. More Info`s about the different .wav-Formats you`ll find here in the IR-formats.pdf

This awesome IR-Library (yeah … we believe strongly in! For reasons!) .. you`ll find at:
www.cabir.eu

I guess it would have been smart of me to read the details that I need CabLab... ugh! Now I have this very nice cab pack which I can't use :(

Back
Top Bottom