New Amp Model Preview

yeah, that sounds pretty fat - i bet it sounds absolutely massive when double tracked! props to cliff for his great playing on that clip too!

im EXCITED FOR IT

I don't know why these guys are upset at the addition of more amp models??? I've always owned a POD and they never give you additional amp models. The fact that you axefx owners get free updates like this is truly amazing. Maybe Im missing something. They don;t force you to use the new ones do they?

I don't know why these guys are upset at the addition of more amp models??? I've always owned a POD and they never give you additional amp models. The fact that you axefx owners get free updates like this is truly amazing. Maybe Im missing something. They don;t force you to use the new ones do they?

Their human beings! Give them an inch..... they want a mile.
Give them a free Mercedes.... they'll complain about the gas mileage.

Beautiful thing.........aint it?
th_AnimatedRollingEyesSmiley.gif

Paul, how are you dialing in the Orange and Fryette. Tips, cabs?

The Orange is pretty stock - though I changed the prescence Freq to 1471. The bright is on and trebble at 6.1 and prescence are at 2.99

The fryette is the H version and has had a lot of tweeks, but Ive settled with bright on, master around 6.2. the bright cap Ive reduced to 0.261, the tonestack to 951hz, the tube bias to 0.449, the prescence freq to 1539. the HF resonance is at 3.07 and the LF at 4.17. I have a touch of warmth (1.10) and thump (0.39), Low cut at 68.3 and H cut at 11196.

i dont use cab sims in general as Im an Amp/Cab guy. but for recording the Fryette gets two cabs in parallel - A 4x12 brit with R121 mic and a 4x12 30W with a 421 Dyn mic - blend to taste. the orange has a single 4x12 brit cab with the R121 mic.

Thx guys.

The 4x12 30w seems to be the cab sim that sounds great with everything.

This is awesome! I'm so glad that Cliff's the way he is. Not many people appreciate those CLASSIC Marshall sounds ENOUGH... I'm sure Cliff was listening to Treetopper's / Todd Duane's youtube clips as he figured the axe needs some Jose modded Marshall :D

Thank you so much, Cliff!

*squeak*!

Sounds awesome! I'm currently in a hair metal cover band, so I have a feeling I'm going to be playing with this amp a LOT. Can't wait! thanks Cliff and crew!!

The Orange is pretty stock - though I changed the prescence Freq to 1471. The bright is on and trebble at 6.1 and prescence are at 2.99

The fryette is the H version and has had a lot of tweeks, but Ive settled with bright on, master around 6.2. the bright cap Ive reduced to 0.261, the tonestack to 951hz, the tube bias to 0.449, the prescence freq to 1539. the HF resonance is at 3.07 and the LF at 4.17. I have a touch of warmth (1.10) and thump (0.39), Low cut at 68.3 and H cut at 11196.

i dont use cab sims in general as Im an Amp/Cab guy. but for recording the Fryette gets two cabs in parallel - A 4x12 brit with R121 mic and a 4x12 30W with a 421 Dyn mic - blend to taste. the orange has a single 4x12 brit cab with the R121 mic.
Hey Paul, for the record, I honestly was not directing my post entirely towards you. It is something that seems to come up whenever there is any kind of leak or announcement - I guess I just felt like speaking up yesterday. Like I said, I did not want to offend or target anyone, and hopefully you did not take anything I said personally.

I would like to contribute to your (above) post. My current favorite amp model is the Orange (although I seem to change my mind on a quarterly basis!). I would absolutely love to see a VHT/Fryette Ultralead, Engl Savage, and Engl Ritchie Blackmore in a future update. While I prefer modern heavy tones (and yes, the Orange model dialed in properly does this easily), I am 34 years old and generally get into playing/listening to 90's grunge-rock like Alice in Chains, classic stuff like AC/DC, and only a select few heavy bands like Opeth (Opeth is probably my all-time favorite band). I am going to share (type) my settings for my Orange amp model. I just bought a new laptop, so unfortunately I am not connected to my Axe Fx - otherwise, I would just post the patch and save everyone time! I will list everything in the order it appears in my signal chain... Hopefully some of you find my settings helpful or at least interesting! Please keep in mind that I play through studio monitors/subwoofer, and my primary focus is recording. I'm not sure how well this patch will translate to an Amp/Cab, full FRFR set up, or high volumes. With that said, I think it sounds great recorded and at reasonable levels through studio monitors! Please feel free to ask questions or share your thoughts on my settings. I am always open to suggestions!

Orange RV50 - Boosted
------------------------------------
Drive/Boost: T808: Drive = 0, Tone = 6.02 Level = 10. (Everything Else Default)
------------------------------------
Amp: Citrus RV50
Drive: 4.61
Bass: 3.19
Mid: 5.91
Treble: 5.91 (Bright ON)
Pres: 3.23
Depth: 4.33
Damp: 6.34
Sag: 2.64
Master: 6.06
Level: -5.75
Warmth: 0
Thump: 0
Low Cut Freq: 10
High Cut Freq: 20K
Bright Cap: 1.313
ToneStack: Passive
ToneStack Freq: 718
Tone Location: Post
Pres Freq: 995.8
Pwr Tube Bias: 0.642 (not a typo!!)
B+ Capacitance: 4.92
Transf LF: 10
Transf HF: 20K
LF Res: 5.00
HF Res: 5.00
Speaker Res Freq: 95hz
Stabilizer: Off
Pres/Depth Type: Passive
------------------------------
PEQ 1:
F1 Freq=120.4
Q=0.707
Gain=6.14
Shelving
F2,F3,F4: Default Settings/Shelving
F5 Freq= 3445
Q=0.707
Gain= 3.40
Shelving
---------------------------
Cab 1: 4x12 Metal
No Mic, Drive, 0.00, Level -4.00, balanced to center (12:00)
Air: 100% Air Freq: 4003
-------------------------
Cab 2: 4x12 V30
Mic: R121 Cond, Drive: 0.00, Level -4.00, balanced to center (12:00)
Air: 0% (off), Air Freq: 1000

Note: the cabs are parallel - stacked directly on top of each other in the signal chain
---------------------------
GEQ: 63hz = 3.7
125hz= 1.9
250hz= 0.0
500hz= -0.6
1Khz= 0.8
2Khz= 0.5
4Khz= 1.8
8Khz= 2.3
Level: -0.75
------------------------
PEQ 2:
F1: Default Settings/Shelving
F2: Freq= 143.7
Q= 1.1414
Gain= -2.55
Shelving
F3: Default Settings/Shelving
F4: Freq= 1632
Q= 1.1414
Gain: 4.16
Shelving
F5: Default Settings/Shelving
Level: -0.75
F5 Freq= 3445
Q=0.707
Gain= 3.40
Shelving

Last edited:
Saw this on the main page and nearly messed my pants. Love these Marshall tones, super excited to see the release date.

Hey Paul, for the record, I honestly was not directing my post entirely towards you. It is something that seems to come up whenever there is any kind of leak or announcement - I guess I just felt like speaking up yesterday. Like I said, I did not want to offend or target anyone, and hopefully you did not take anything I said personally.

I am 34 years old and generally get into playing/listening to 90's grunge-rock like Alice in Chains, classic stuff like AC/DC, and only a select few heavy bands like Opeth (Opeth is probably my all-time favorite band).

No offence taken. im 44 and listen to no modern heavy stuff - I still like the VHT tone though. i used VHT stuff almost exclusively for 10 years prior to getting the Axe, though the Pitbull 45 2x12 (el 84 based) and 50ST head rather than the Ultralead/CLX. Maybe thats just what I like. ive said I dont like traditional makes like Marshall or Fender, but VHT is often described as a HiWatt on steroids much like Bogner is a Marshall on Steroids and a Mesa is a Fender on Sterioids. Maybe thats just what I like (in fact before the Fryette sims appeared on the Axe, I used the HiWatt sim to emulate my 50ST and got very close). Maybe i should ask for some modded HiWatt sims :) (though I dont actually know of any bar the possible VHT link).

Well, regardless of our impressions of adding a new Marshall type amp in the pen or not, we can't deny that Cliff is one forward looking dude to have left that much margin in his baby to be able to do the updates he does. That, right there, is pretty impressive in itself.

Sup? :)
Awesome sound,,,,,PLEASE tell me that this PRESET will also be included,,,,Please please please:mrgreen

MOSHON
DAVE

Ok I,ve listened to the clip about a hundred times,Tried to make the patch,Have got close ,but so my variables on the axe.I want that tone ,must have,can't sleep ,hurry with the patch .I'm starting to lose my mind (Well not really but thought it may help getting it quicker

...hurry with the patch .I'm starting to lose my mind (Well not really but thought it may help getting it quicker
The patch won't do you much good without the amp sim, and that won't be available until the next firmware is released.

Back
Top Bottom