Introduction thread

Hello all,

Fellow ultra user here, had it for nearly a year and love it. I am a classical & electric player and have been playing from an early age. Currently have a basic home studio which consists of;

Axe Fx Ultra
Macbook pro 15"
32" external display
Logic Pro 9 + various plugins etc
SD 2.0
Ibanez S5470 TKS
Ibanez S7230
Agile Septor baritone
Ibanez RGD
Joan Cashimira 6 string spruse top classical guitar
Spector Classic Bass
M-Audio Bx8a Studio monitors
M-Audio Keyrig mini keyboard
Presonus Firebox
Other random crap and a pair of good old fashion ears & half a brain!

I have 2 videos on YT at the moment so have a look if you can be bothered!

Hopefully speak to you all more and more over time!

Cheers

Wow, I don't think I ever seen this thread!

Anyways it's your neighborhood Gorilla in da' Hizzy! Started with a Ultra last year, and now have a Axe Fx II with MFC-101 and Mission Engineering pedals. Sold some really decent tube amps and guitars to complete my setup. But I'm quite happy and my back likes me more too!:lol

hello! just purchased an axefx 2 today (been on the australian waitlist since july), so it should be here in a few days i hope! i've only ever really used software emulators (and a crappy old boss multi fx pedal) so this should be a monumental step up in quality for me. you can hear my music in the link in my sig if you like :)

Hi All!

Brand new to the forum, been looking into a Standard or Ultra for a bit now and decided I should jump on here officially and continue my research. Gathering funds for a purchase hopefully very soon! The more I dig, the more questions I'll have I'm sure! Back to reading!

Hello, I'm a newbie on Fractalaudio forum and really like how the things are here. I've been playing guitar since 2008 and my main instrument is ESP ltd Deluxe EC-1000 Vintage Black. I'm a self-trained guitarist btw and thinking of getting a professional teacher.
Nice to meet you all and have a nice day!

Hello AxeFX users! New AxeFXII user from Rotterdam, The Netherlands. I love this forum, so much information, and so much to learn yet... (haven't used a Stnd/Ultra before... sold my main tube amp to buy a AxeFXII and i love it).

To Sebastian: What German Doors band you are playing in? I used to play in 'The Hitchhikers' before the went on as 'The Doors in concert'.

To Sebastian: What German Doors band you are playing in? I used to play in 'The Hitchhikers' before the went on as 'The Doors in concert'.

Hello! :) It's a small world when it comes to Doors bands, it seems ;)

I co-founded and still play with "The Changeling". I think we met each other some years ago at "Feast of Friends" festival in Magdeburg, didn't we?
Also, I filled in as a sub and later joined "The Bootleg Doors" from Amsterdam, from late 2006 until a year ago.
Finally, I was asked to fill in for some gigs by another german Doors band "Light my fire" last december and quickly got asked to join full time, which I did.

So, as we're talking entre nous: your gonna use the Axe II for your Doors gigs, too? ;)

edit: just noticed that my introduction post is quite outdated... gonna rewrite it some time soon

Last edited:
New guy here! Some of you may know me from Sevenstring.org under the same name, and ibz_rg from the Ibanez Forums. Decided to join up here as I am about to purchase my first Standard and thought I should join the ranks of ye fellow axe-men. I'm 20 years old, from Cincinnati, OH, and I've been a musician for as long as I can remember. My current setup consists of:
-Ibanez RG7321
-Ibanez S540FMTT (incoming today)
-Ibanez S470DXQM
-Gibson Les Paul Custom
-Charvel Model 4A
-Kramer 700ST
-Harmony P-Bass
-Line 6 Pod X3 (for sale)

Hopefully I can contribute some useful information and make some good friends. :mrgreen

Hello, My name is Terrence and I am looking for someone Near San Francisco that has an Axe FX, I would like to start a Users Group or find someone to help me with programming.
I have an Ax fx Ultra, Mesa 2-90 and a JCM800 Stereo Slant cab with 65 Rolas in it. I play a Les Paul Ultra. Been playing since 1968.
I live in Santa Clara and can be reached at terrence.healy@att.net

Hey guys, my name's Ricky, I'm 17, and I just bought my Ultra a couple weeks ago. This is easily one of the most (if not THE most) helpful forums, and I'm happy to be joining its ranks. :)
You might recognize me from sevenstring.org, as I post there often as well.
My current (and growing) set-up consists of:
- MIJ Jackson DXMG
- Ibanez RG7321
- Axe-Fx Ultra
- Orange PPC410
Poweramp incoming. ;)

Welcome Peaches/Ricky. Apparently we're not at all friendly, I actually have it on good authority that we're all assholes. (At least I think that was what the gentleman was saying, somehow I don't think he left the forum to go and teach English).

So you were born in um... 1994/5? Shouldn't you still be in daycare?

:D

Hi chaps,

Guitarist from the UK here. I just got the AFXII a week ago, haven't stopped playing it since. I plan to use it to tone match my amps and then sell them on (and use the money to buy more amps, tone match those, sell them on, etc.). I've been making guitar and amp videos for the last year, this kind of thing:

If anyone wants any dry guitar stems from my videos, happy to supply them. My current amps are Framus Cobra with E34Ls, stock Peavey 6505+ and Powerball v1 with JJ powertubes.

Hi There, long time lurker from UK and now finally signed up to the forum.

I remember first hearing about the Axe years ago and downloading the manual. It wasn't available in the UK at all back then so I had to make do with my imagination :D

I had been hoping that someone would really take on the challenge to make a modeller that was built to a standard and not a (low) price. One where quality was the priority. And I loved Cliff's intro where he talked about the design philosophy. This wasn't a guy saying digital processing was second best but look at how flexible it is, here was a guy saying digital processing/modelling could be as good as the real thing and it wasn't down to magic or mojo, it was down to design and science. He clearly understood his subject and I wanted one.

I remember emailing Cliff saying that he should really make more of the Axe of Hugeracks (www.hugeracksinc.com) where I hung out a bit. It seemed like just the high-quality tool that guys there might like. I seem to recall Cliff replying saying he didn't like to tout his product or something like that. Respect was due but it seemed a shame, guys needed to know. Then it all took off!

I was on the waiting list for a ultra for forever but personal circumstances meant I had to leave at the last minute (not a good day) and I ended up consoling myself with cheaper a Digitech GSP 1101 which was not a bad unit by any stretch but not an Axe! When the II came out, I wasn't going to repeat that experience and a happy owner I now am!

Growing up in the 80s made a big impression on me and I've never shook off my love of 80s music be it rock, pop or metal. I'm not ashamed to say I love the 80s albums by the likes of Def Leppard and Bon Jovi but also bands like Queensryche, Rush, Yes and of course many more (and more obscure e.g. Shadow King, Giant).

Guitarwise, I'm rather keen on Strats and Superstrats which probably comes as no surprise!

Anyway, thanks for allowing me in!

Cheers

Hysteria

howdy doody,
started visiting these pages while waiting for my unit to arrive.
nice to have a place to come to for all things fractal..
my current setup:
Setup_July2012.jpg

oh yeah, am still on the "plastic on screen" brigade..

Hello guys
New forum member but a long time lurker. Placed my order on the axe fx II yesterday and now I'm waiting to recieve it in couple of weeks from U.S :)
Been playing electric guitar for around 15 years and my current rig consists of tube amps (Mesa/Boogies) and Modelers for low volume practice (Currently Boss GT-10)
I was a Boss GT Series guy for past couple of years and can't wait to try the Axe and hear the magic myself.
Off to read the user manual :)

Hello All......Also a long time lurker. I live in Newberg Oregon about 45minutes from the coast. I haven't been playing guitar for very long and caught the bug about a year ago. I sold all my remote control airplanes, helicopters and cars to buy amps and guitars. Since finding about the axe fx 2 I sold all my amps and guitar pedals and just own the Axe Fx 2 and MFC. I would like to someday play in my church but I find myself more interested in reading and watching videos about the technical stuff that I don't practice as much as I should. I like all kinds of music though and style's of playing which is part of my problem because I can't commit to one song. I want to learn them all. Thanks for the great resource!

Hello, I'm Mike from Nebraska. I've been playing guitar since 1970. I'm old! I've seen guitar technology go from sticks and stones to NASA. It's pretty cool to own this history in one box. I'm retired from the guitar god scene, but I still love to play and love my FXII.

Back
Top Bottom