Interesting review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Code:
Model                                    Package             Pins     Temp.Range     Packing,Qty     Price*(100-499)     Price*1000 pcs

ADSP-TS201SABPZ060 Status: Production     576 ball SBGA     576     Ind             Tray, 44         $308.43             $277.47   (each)
Cliff ... my half a penny advice ... don't go further, the guy (Mckenzie) is alreaddy disavowed in FAS forum and on internet too...

"Do you really want a JTM-45 with a Dual Rectifier front end? I think you don't. Because I'll tell you why I think you don't, because if it sounded so great Marshall would've made it. It's that simple. It's that simple."

This review is neither interesting nor honest.

Dude's a humorless curmudgeon who demonstrates nothing more clearly in this review than his own ignorance.

That said, I'm gonna go throw a Dual Rectifier front end onto a JTM-45, and enjoy the unique tones. :D

It's still on his site all 3 painful episodes .

Guys a fool who thinks a lot of himself .Can't stand his personality
he is like an obnoxious infomercial

Looks like he pulled it which to be honest I remember this guy's name from some other review a few years ago that I somehow managed to survive through. The best part to me is that he's got a ton of nice amps everywhere and while I'm not a great guitarist and thus don't dog on anyone's talent....well this guy is an absolute hack.

There are people who play guitar well and people who are really good at buying stuff. This guy is apparently very good at one of those and not the other. And while I do find humor in the weirdest things I remember just being offended all to hell after watching his other video. Not because he disliked whatever it was he was reviewing or something, but because he was so arrogant and so blatantly wrong. I'm not a guitarist by trade, I'm an engineer/technician and the utter stupidity that streamed from his mouth as if it was factual just made me beyond angry. If you don't know what you are talking about then ask a question or keep your mouth shut, but don't infect others with your ignorance.

Bottom line is that he attempted to come off as a legitimate reviewer, but his purpose is clearly to try present himself as some cool tone guru because he owns a lot of amps. It's almost like tube snob street cred. And if you listen to any of this other videos and see him play it's horrible and actually borders on just sad.

The only real surprise that could have come from anything this guy says is if there was something factual and/or useful.

Is he one of those guys that funds his gear by doing reviews or does he get freebies in exchange? I don't know, but if I was a manufacturer of anything other than fake dogturds I'd refuse to sell anything to him or provide demo products to him. He's an idiot and even worse he's an idiot who spreads misinformation.

Other than all that he's cool with me. :)

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Cliff bitched him out and or threatened him with legal action. I know I would if someone was putting out bogus information about my product that could potentially hurt sales. I don't know if Cliff would get into it that deep (or at all with the guy), but if it was me, I'd be totally pissed. Getting a bad review is one thing. Getting a bad review based on lack of knowledge of what's being reviewed and bogus information is a whole other thing.

I've gotten respect back for my own thread now. Good answers folks.
Yeah Sasha "other than this bible of why nots" he's cool with me too, hehe.
This thread has been like a lit fuse or something, from this morning until now like 1600 views and 70 replies, I'm so happy!
Well it's not like it's on me. It's on all of us, I'm just happy I started it because obviously there were some opinions about it.
Even if I make my points like one per thousand words :D I'm glad you got trough all of it, I guess most of you have just watched the video and
commented it here, all the long reading of my posts are just extra juice for the ones who feel bad for ignoring them.
All in all thank you for sharing this with all of us. Mckenzie, we could not have done this without you. Ha! :D

People are entitled to their opinions. However, once you enter the realm of journalist you are required to confirm and authenticate your "facts".

A random individual can look at the Axe-Fx and give his opinion that the build cost is a couple hundred dollars.

A journalist, however, cannot state "I'm an expert and just by looking I can safely say that the build cost is a couple hundred dollars". As a journalist you are held to legal and ethical standards of integrity, facts that Mr. McKenzie doesn't seem to realize. If he is going to portray himself as a journalist then he has to do the due-diligence and establish the veracity of his claims. Had he done such, he would know that his claims are patently false.

This was journalism in decades past. Unfortunately, in today's world the so called journalists print and publish with minimal authentication or confirmation. Today's media is all about sensationalism and getting a hit regardless of accuracy. Write or wrong, the money comes from views and the more controversial the more people will look. Sadly, integrity and ethicality are rapidly disappearing in many fields but none more so than the media. Just my humble opinion of course.

You have to laugh at that N,English sense you humor..he is just having a laugh now guys!! :D

Hey Mark! Have to say I lived in the north for years, worked there and still have many friends there and this dude is the most unrepresentative person in terms of northern sense of humour I've ever seen.. It was actually cringe-worthy to watch, but it's like driving past an accident - its hard to divert your gaze!

Like I said, I'm sure he's a nice chap and all that, but his condescending 'watchdog' attitude, questionable sense of humour, and name calling (by his definition, i think I am categorised as an arsehole/asshole) doesn't do him any favours.

Oh well, I bet he's never had higher 1-day viewing figures!

Hey Mark! Have to say I lived in the north for years, worked there and still have many friends there and this dude is the most unrepresentative person in terms of northern sense of humour I've ever seen.. It was actually cringe-worthy to watch, but it's like driving past an accident - its hard to divert your gaze!

Like I said, I'm sure he's a nice chap and all that, but his condescending 'watchdog' attitude, questionable sense of humour, and name calling (by his definition, i think I am categorised as an arsehole/asshole) doesn't do him any favours.

Oh well, I bet he's never had higher 1-day viewing figures!

There is really little value in what he is saying, so have fun with it all!

He is just trying to take the p*ss out of people getting so heated..i say laugh at/with him. :D

A few obvious points:

1. All of those amps behind him are one trick ponies.
2. His "buddy"....(and somehow I get the impression they are VERY close) .....man, you can hardly tell he is bald with that coon skin cap on!
3. He just pissed away $2400 on something he clearly knows nothing about, and likely doesn't possess the intellect to ever change that....who's the fool?
4. The guy is like 70......so you have to respect the fact that he only drooled a couple of times in the video. And you really couldn't pick up the crinkling sound of his diapers at all because he never shut his trap.
5. There are 10 year old kids in every music store in the world with better chops than this pimple who couldn't ever dream of owning the gear he has. All those clinical trial checks must really add up!
6. I thought they arrested this guy sitting on an airplane in Boston the other day for looking at some inappropriate stuff on the internet.....he must have made bail.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom