Interesting review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cliff, seriously, you should stick this review w/ a new forum category : the best (beast) and worth thread about ....
It's been a while I've saw such a funny review 'bout your toys ;)

...all these strong words of negativity, we don't want that now do we? No.

...just make sure you all agree from fractal about this guy being an ass before you post it. It could turn out bad like other companies calling fractal "what-an-ass-callers".

Peace and love to all of you :D
I stand by my assessment. But in the spirit of the season, peace and love to the douche!

See I knew this would happen, petrol on a bandcampfire with people running around in sleepingbags on fire (I should make a horrormovie).
I did not want this to happen see, all these strong words of negativity, we don't want that now do we? No.
Certainly those of you with colournames and administorrights, now that would just turn out ugly.
See you have to choose your words wisely, and be an good example (professionalism?). Words like "What an ass.." and stuff
does really not look good coming from Fractal themselves. That, or you guys are really not afraid of showing
the world your true honest opinion about somebodys review of your product. Maybe you feel that the review is unfair, always many reasons for things.
Wow, thats wisdom right there "always many reasons for things". Anyway FractalAudio have the right to have strong opinions like the rest of us,

just make sure you all agree from fractal about this guy being an ass before you post it. It could turn out bad like other companies calling fractal "what-an-ass-callers".

Peace and love to all of you :D

Seriously, what did you expect posting this here? The reviewer clearly hasn't done his homework. Others have made all the points already, but really, you can't set the equipment up wrong and then complain about it. He's done enough gear reviews that he should know better (but then also, as others have pointed out, you get the impression he has already decided he won't like it). And complaining about the ability to swap tonestacks; you don't like it don't use it. Doesn't mean others aren't going to get a kick out of it and find cool unique sounds. Point = Totally Missed.

I won't be watching part 2, I've already wasted 50 mins I'll never get back.

Cheers.

He hasn't as some of you said "Done his homework" I don't even think he's switched the speaker and amp sims off. I think he's missing the point. Let's face it who wants to carry 4 amp heads around in their rig? Not me that's for sure. I've watched part 2 and part 3 I think you guys should watch it just for a laugh lol

He hasn't as some of you said "Done his homework" I don't even think he's switched the speaker and amp sims off. I think he's missing the point. Let's face it who wants to carry 4 amp heads around in their rig? Not me that's for sure. I've watched part 2 and part 3 I think you guys should watch it just for a laugh lol
+1 definitively ...

I expected a debate, not a debhate :roll I guess it's going good, not too much rage yet (the torch and fork-factor condition is stable yet serious)
It's ok, nice people, niiiice people. *toe-tripping away silently around the corner, turns head back again from the other side of the corner:
"what, there is a part 3? Woohoo!" *of for watching part 3 :mrgreen

Last edited:
I expected a debate, not a debhate :roll I guess it's going good, not too much rage yet. It's ok, nice people, niiiice people. *toe-tripping away silently around the corner

He had his say now its time for the real axe fx 2 owners to voice their opinions. I don't understand if he's not into these sort of products as he mentioned you would of thought a bit of research like we all have done before we buy our axe fx would be in order? And if you look on the Fractal Audio website (Which is in the USA) AS WE ALL KNOW! You'll see what sort of a product it is and what you have to do to set it up.

Its simple don't like products like these then don't buy them.

Last edited:
He had his say now its time for the real axe fx 2 owners to voice their opinions. I don't understand if he's not into these sort of products as he mentioned you would of thought a bit of research like we all have done before we buy our axe fx would be in order? And if you look on the Fractal Audio website (Which in the USA) AS WE ALL KNOW! You'll see what sort of a product it is and what you have to do to set it up. Its simple don't like products like these then don't buy them.
+1, that's make sense, enregistering a fas domain in uk 6 months ago just to post "axe fx II review to come" is insane ... So is the Axe fx III review comin' soon :lol

Well this may be a spoiler but guess what. . . I AM TONY MCKENZIE!!!!
HAHAHA!!! No i'm not. But that my forumfriends, would have been frickin hilarious!!
On the other hand, I get the feeling he is among us here somewhere, reading all this. Rolling on the floor.
I guess I support that, every headtwisting opinion that makes us puke is creating debate (no "h") wich is good.
Yaaay, go Mckenzie! Oh come on, who am I fooling! What? that was not me speaking :p

Edit: I'm not even halfway trough part 3, but i'm starting to think this is funny! I need this on dvd! Haaha :D
Edit 2: This is starting to have a Monthy Pyton kind of flavour to it, only with that "too young to be eaten yet-avocado" taste to it.
You know as I said before, when you eat an avocado way to early and it tastes like shit. You guys don't eat avocados do you..
I mean I get nothing back going on about this avocadoism of mine. Well it taste bad! :D

Last edited:
the guy should have done an std then Ultra review first ;)
"Edit: I'm not even halfway trough part 3, but i'm starting to think this is funny! I need this on dvd! Haaha ..." Yes he'd already do this ... his site is just a commercial add ...

People are entitled to their opinions. However, once you enter the realm of journalist you are required to confirm and authenticate your "facts".

A random individual can look at the Axe-Fx and give his opinion that the build cost is a couple hundred dollars.

A journalist, however, cannot state "I'm an expert and just by looking I can safely say that the build cost is a couple hundred dollars". As a journalist you are held to legal and ethical standards of integrity, facts that Mr. McKenzie doesn't seem to realize. If he is going to portray himself as a journalist then he has to do the due-diligence and establish the veracity of his claims. Had he done such, he would know that his claims are patently false.

People are entitled to their opinions. However, once you enter the realm of journalist you are required to confirm and authenticate your "facts".

A random individual can look at the Axe-Fx and give his opinion that the build cost is a couple hundred dollars.

A journalist, however, cannot state "I'm an expert and just by looking I can safely say that the build cost is a couple hundred dollars". As a journalist you are held to legal and ethical standards of integrity, facts that Mr. McKenzie doesn't seem to realize. If he is going to portray himself as a journalist then he has to do the due-diligence and establish the veracity of his claims. Had he done such, he would know that his claims are patently false.

Now we're talking! Go FractalAudio! What a marvelous answer, that made me smile. Great answer! Yay!

I'm sorry I have to say I'm completely agree w/ Cliff ... :D

Microsoft Office is over 500 bucks and it has no parts! :)

His whole spiel about tone stacks being useless to move around is just ignorant.

Last edited:
Reactions: jon
The market dictates the value of a product not some arbitrarily arrived at 'acceptable profit margin' set by a self appointed critic.

If the AxeFx sucked Cliff would lose every penny of his investment. If it rocks the bleeding edge of the industry...as it does...Cliff gets to set his price to please himself...to reach a margin he is comfortable with for as long as the market supports it.
I for one am thankful such blatant capitalism exists in the music gear industry that it spurred the invention of so much innovative gear that we get to buy and enjoy!
Can you imagine just how dreary and lame the gear would be if a board of crotchety old men got to decide what projects were worthy of invention?!? How horrible would music itself be if some 'peoples party' was the authority on what gear should cost and what gear is worthy of production?!? How is that vintage Soviet amp sounding...oh that's right...there isn't one unless it was produced as a piece of propaganda!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom