Incoming! Incoming! Incoming!

Good stuff Yek.

Have a ball.

You can have the A/B/C/D adjust the amp controls like you want. I have to pull my II out to peek at it, but you can do it.

Good stuff Yek.

Have a ball.

You can have the A/B/C/D adjust the amp controls like you want. I have to pull my II out to peek at it, but you can do it.

Love to see how you accomplished that, Scott. Thanks already.

PS. Just out of curiosity, which factory preset did you submit, or is that classified?

- Connect II to MacBook via USB : check.
Oops, no connection. Go into Settings and select Midi In and Midi Out (maybe this should be changed to "MIDI/USB").
Yup, connected!

- Test switching presets with either Axe-Edit or MFC : check.

- Upload 3rd party TC30 IRs, plus acoustic IRs : check. Wow, that goes fast!

Last edited:
- Create first preset, based on idea for grid layout : check.

Generous usage of X/Y feature to make it fit: 84% CPU.

Next hurdle is to program the MFC IAs to deal with X/Y. I hope that the next MFC firmware will make this easier, avoiding having to use a separate X/Y switch for every effect.

Using the global effect blocks, nice!

P.S. Editing via the front panel. Too many minor Axe-Edit bug reports.

Last edited:
It's great of you to share you unfolding discoveries on the Axe-Fx II ... I think it will help a lot of us ... please continue!

Editing via the front panel. Too many minor Axe-Edit bug reports.
Yek, can you itemize (when you get time) and put them in the AxeEdit bugs section pls. That way they can be addressed. Thx

Yek, can you itemize (when you get time) and put them in the AxeEdit bugs section pls. That way they can be addressed. Thx

Ah, misunderstanding here. Not bugs found by me, but reports I see from others. About modifiers not being saved, parameters falling back to default and such. Make me a bit hesitant to do effects editing at this time. That time will surely come. :)

One bug I found today: when saving presets to disk you can instruct (in the dialog box) to preserve or delete the preset numbers. Doesn't work here.

P.S. Read the Axe-Edit credits for the 1st time, pretty funny. :)

Last edited:
- Using Feedback Send/Return to connect rows: there are new parameters. I was wondering why I didn't get a good amp tone, and this was causing it. If I see it correctly, Send Level has to be at 100%, Send Output Level (Direct level would be a better name I think)) at zero, Return Mix at 100% and Return Level at 0.0.

- The Preset Recall screen has room below the amp names. Why not put the names of the cabs there? Would be so much easier. Wishlist item.

- Like the new knobs on the front panel, they feel really comfortable.

- I like A/B/C/D as editing shortcuts. However the way the characters are displayed (dynamically) in the edit menus is a bit distracting. it's now harder to recognize immediately what's on the screen.

- Still have some questions about the stock cabs. Which mics were used with the RW and OW IRs? And what precisely do the 4x12 German V30 (RW), 4x12 German Boutique (RW) represent? One is probably an Engl cabinet , but what's the other?

Last edited:
-

8.jpg

Comp: pedal compressor
Vol (with Envelope): used for autom. volume swells
Wah (exp.pedal)
Ringmod: used for low octaves
Phaser: X=script Phase 90, Y=Vibe
Drive: X=Tape Dist, Y=BB or TS
2 amp blocks plus X/Y makes: 4 amps!
Pitch: X=Whammy (exp.pedal), Y=detune
Chorus: X=CE chorus, Y=vibrato
Rotary (exp.pedal)
Flanger: X=jet flanger, Y=through-zero
Tremolo (exp.pedal).
Delay: X=delay for leads, Y=ambient
Reverb
Looper
Cab: stereo cab, for Out1 (studio monitors and FOH)
FX-Loop: for Out2 to poweramp/guitar cabinet
Enhancer: only for Out1

... and not one PEQ or GEQ in the chain ..... sigh!

Congratulations on getting it ..... of all Euro users you should have been in the first 10 to receive one at least in my opinion for all your hard work and diligence...

If I'd got mine first I would have considered letting you have it ..... I would have considered it and said bugger off of course ..... but it's the thought that counts :razz

If I'd got mine first I would have considered letting you have it ..... I would have considered it and said bugger off of course ..... but it's the thought that counts :razz

:mrgreen

Back
Top Bottom