Incoming! Incoming! Incoming!

yek

Contact Fractal for your Custom Title
Today is NGD (New Gear Day), waiting for DPD to deliver my Axe-Fx II. :)

Luckily I still have some weeks of free time before my next work project and a range of gigs start.

- Ultra presets backed up: check. (bye bye MIDI interface)
- Rj45 cable for MFC ready: check. (bye bye MIDI cable)
- HumBuster cables: check.
- Latest Axe-Edit version installed on MacBook: check.
- USB driver installed on MacBook: check.
- New design for grid layout prepared: check.
- OwnHammer IRs for Axe-Fx II (to use with my EVM cabinets, possibly) and acoustic IR ready to upload: check.
- Collection of presets from others for Axe-Fx II: check.
- Wiki at hand: check.
- Apogee audio interface put away on a shelf: check.

*Restlessly strumming fingers on table*

THE MOST CURRENT VERSION OF MY PRESET COLLECTION IS ALWAYS POSTED SOMEWHERE NEAR THE LAST PAGE OF THIS THREAD

Last edited:
great! :)

add: snacks and bottled water - from what I've read so far, ppl seem to re-experience their first Axe encounter.

Snacks and bottled water: check.

Did you order one, or plan to order one?

1.jpg

2.JPG

3.jpg

4.JPG

Latest firmware, latest version of manual, G66 adds a Ethernet cable and a chocolate. :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 49
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
good for you man, what's the ethernet for ? mfc 101? i won't be able to afford that until christmas but i'm looking forward to it!

good for you man, what's the ethernet for ? mfc 101? i won't be able to afford that until christmas but i'm looking forward to it!

Yep, that's to connect the MFC (instead of MIDI).

Congrats !
May I ask when you ordered it ? Seems G66 are up to November 2010 orders now ?
Looking forward to seeing ( and hearing ! ) What you get up to with it !

Congrats !
May I ask when you ordered it ? Seems G66 are up to November 2010 orders now ?
Looking forward to seeing ( and hearing ! ) What you get up to with it !

I ordered right at the start.

Out goes the Ultra ....
5.jpg

In comes the II:
rig.jpg

Rear side:
rear.jpg

XLRs (Out1) to studio monitors : check.
HumBuster cables to power amp (Out2) : check. HB not really necessary but it doesn't hurt.
Ethernet cable to MFC : check.

Had to shorten some power cords.
Hmm, my Gator case is too shallow, have to unplug the cables to fit the rear lid. Oh well, will do.

Switching on power : check.

Hmm, LEDS stay on, display frozen…. Okay, unplug the Ethernet cable, reboot whille holding Recall. Yup, now it works.

Into Utility menu, set tuner to mute : check.
Into I/O > MIDI, set Display Offset to 1 (for MFC), Send Realtime SysEx = all : check.

Hmm, MFC doesn't sync. Ah, have to set it to "II" in Edit > System and to "Expansion" in Edit > MIDI. Done, hoorah!

Global settings: power amp and cab sims are on : check.
Global EQ for studio monitors (Out1 only):

Sound on Out1 : check.
Sound on Out2 : check.
As discussed before the AFXII is indeed not completely silent with output knobs fully counterclockwise.

Fan noise: a bit. I also got a power amp with fan in the rack.

Staring at upgraded rig with big smile : check. :)

Last edited:
I ordered right at the start.

I mean which actual date as the rest of us on the G66 waiting list are trying to see how far the backlog is.
I saw Deathmetalmachine was on the G66.EU list since November 3rd, 2010 and got his a couple of weeks back - have also been on the list since December 8th 2010 so trying to guess the gap between delivery times ! It's great to see they are making it to EU !
Happy jamming !
- David

Out goes the Ultra ....

XLRs (Out1) to studio monitors : check.
HumBuster cables to power amp (Out2) : check. HB not really necessary but it doesn't hurt.
Ethernet cable to MFC : check.

Had to shorten some power cords.
Hmm, my Gator case is too shallow, have to unplug the cables to fit the rear lid. Oh well, will do.

Switching on power : check.
Hmm, LEDS stay on, display frozen…. Okay, unplug the Ethernet cable, reboot whille holding Recall. Yup, now it works. Maybe a boot failure because the MFC isn't configured correctly yet.

Into Utility menu, set tuner to mute : check.
Into I/O > MIDI, set Display Offset to 1 (for MFC), Send Realtime SysEx = all : check.

Hmm, MFC doesn't sync. Ah, have to set it to "II" in Edit > System and to "Expansion" in Edit > MIDI. Done, hoorah!

Global settings: power amp and cab sims are on : check.
Global EQ for studio monitors (Out1 only): 31, 63, 16 all the way down : check.

Sound on Out1 : check.
Sound on Out2 : check.
As discussed before the AFXII is indeed not completely silent with output knobs fully counterclockwise.

Staring at upgraded rig with big smile : check. :)

Alex

this list alone is priceless !!

Congrats and a lot of fun

Roland

I mean which actual date as the rest of us on the G66 waiting list are trying to see how far the backlog is.
I saw Deathmetalmachine was on the G66.EU list since November 3rd, 2010 and got his a couple of weeks back - have also been on the list since December 8th 2010 so trying to guess the gap between delivery times ! It's great to see they are making it to EU !
Happy jamming !
- David

Sorry, I don't recall the date exactly and I'm not participating in the whole waiting list issue. ;)

Thank you Yek, it was fun watching the sequence of events. And your checklist will prove VERY helpful in connecting my system. I've owned the II for 3 weeks now and haven't even connected the MFC-101 because "I feel I can't read anymore" LOL. Congrats.
Ken

Back
Top Bottom