Incoming! Incoming! Incoming!

Into I/O:
- increasing the input level of my Strat to about 85% (just tickling the red LED now and then): check.
- setting the Y knob to open the Cab's edit menu when pressed (X already defaults to Amp1) : check. Love this feature!
- setting Out2 to mono (Sum L+R) for my power amp/guitar cabinet: check. Love the new ability to set Out1 and Out2 differently.

Playing with the A, B, C and D knobs. But how do I assign these to certain parameters for "direct control"? First time that I need to consult the wiki. Ah, now I get it. Assign a parameter to a modifier, which can be A/B/C/D.

Hmmm, disappointment that Bass, Mid, Treble and Presence cannot be assigned to modifiers...... This means that A/B/C/D cannot be used as direct tone controls (when not editing the Amp block). Oh well, all it needs is one press on X, and then they can be used as such.

Playing with the NAV buttons. Handy.
A bit unconventional to have the horizontal ones de/increase by 10, while the vertical ones do this by 1. Not consistent because in some edit menus the vertical ones do make bigger steps than the horizontal ones. Maybe a wishlist item?

I don't grasp the parameters Amp gain, Boost/Pad and Input Trim yet completely. Need to check the wiki for that later.

Preset Directory: search presets by number or by alphabetically, verrrrry handy, like it!

Last edited:
Running through the factory presets. Listening in stereo through studio monitors for best results.

General first impressions (using studio monitors):

- Love the first set of "bare" amp+cab presets. Helps a lot. Very nice usable tones. Great delay/reverb settings.
- Overall tone seems more direct and bright, in a pleasant manner. Bass is much tighter.
- Excellent Fenders (except DoubleVerb, seems muffled), Plexi Treble, Bogners, etc.
- Kickass new special effect presets (by Matman?).
- Mark Day's HBE preset with OwnHammer IR is just like in his videos, massive.

BTW, preset 323 CE-1 Chorus has an error: balance is set to one side.

Last edited:
yeah my case is shallow too, not as bad as yours though. no big deal. nice idea to put a pick holder on the power conditioner i'm gonna do that as well some day!

Yek,
Have you added 3rd party IR's already ? :)
Can you give a little step by step on how this is done for the AXE2 ?

thanks,

Great Thread YEk....What I want to know is:

1.How was the chocolate?
2.What happens to your Ultra?

Great Thread YEk....What I want to know is:

1.How was the chocolate?
2.What happens to your Ultra?

Chocolate was so-so but I just got back from Italy so I'm spoiled. ;)

Ultra is now for sale. I have all its presets backed up, as a reference in Axe-Edit. Thought about keeping it as backup but decided to sell.
EDIT: Sold.

Last edited:
Yek,
Have you added 3rd party IR's already ? :)
Can you give a little step by step on how this is done for the AXE2 ?

thanks,

I did a quick run through showing how to load them in with AxeManage in my review thread. Pics included. It's very easy.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom